Last visit was: 05 May 2024, 10:15 It is currently 05 May 2024, 10:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [2]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.09
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [0]
Given Kudos: 432
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.09
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [0]
Given Kudos: 432
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Re: Retaking...exhausted most of my prep material!! [#permalink]
A good bit of those questions are probably already on the verbal forums. There is nothing particularly special about the OG 10 besides its sheer size. But the best reply I can offer you is to learn from as many SC questions as possible. Fully read all the explanations - even for the questions that you answer correctly. And re-read the Manhattan SC guidebook as much as possible!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [3]
Given Kudos: 36
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V34
Send PM
Retaking...exhausted most of my prep material!! [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi bb, GMATNinja ,

I am also looking for some guidance on this. Can you please help?

I wrote GMAT last week and scored 700 ( 51/34). Same issue- consultant recommended to try for 740 at least. To improve I am using LSAT RC and CR collection ( Because I lost all my score in these 2 section). But other than this I am out of resources and practice papers. Please help me-

- I have attempted GMAT PREP ( 1-6) only once. Reattempts will have different questions?
- I have not attempted 90 question/ extra question bank from GMAT- in a fear that these question might jump in some gmat prep practice paper and then the score will not represent ideal condition. is it RIGHT?
- How should I use advance searched for SC question? I have to open link for each question one by one? Or there are collections available?
- I am done with OG 16 and OG 17 ( seriously no drastic difference). Will OG 10/11/12/13 will have some extra practice question?? And how should I use GMAT CLUB to practice them.
- Can you recommend some practice papers? ( I have exhausted Gmat prep (single attempt) , veritas, princeton, 2MGMAT). My current focus is verbal 39/40. All I need is papers that show an close to ideal verbal score.

P.S. I know these are too many question, but answer to even one is highly appreciated. Please help!!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 970 [2]
Given Kudos: 199
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
pulkitaggi wrote:
BM wrote:
A good bit of those questions are probably already on the verbal forums. There is nothing particularly special about the OG 10 besides its sheer size. But the best reply I can offer you is to learn from as many SC questions as possible. Fully read all the explanations - even for the questions that you answer correctly. And re-read the Manhattan SC guidebook as much as possible!

Hi ,

I wrote GMAT last week and scored 700 ( 51/34). Same issue- consultant recommended to try for 740 at least. To improve I am using LSAT RC and CR collection ( Because I lost all my score in these 2 section). But other than this I am out of resources and practice papers. Please help me with following-

- I have attempted GMAT PREP ( 1-6) only once. Reattempts will have different questions?
- I have not attempted 90 question/ extra question bank from GMAT- in a fear that these question might jump in some gmat prep practice paper and then the score will not represent ideal condition. is it RIGHT?
- How should I use advance searched for SC question? I have to open link for each question one by one? Or there are collections available?
- I am done with OG 16 and OG 17 ( seriously no drastic difference). Will OG 10/11/12/13 will have some extra practice question?? And how should I use GMAT CLUB to practice them.
- Can you recommend some practice papers? ( I have exhausted Gmat prep (single attempt) , veritas, princeton, 2MGMAT). My current focus is verbal 39/40. All I need is papers that shows an close to ideal verbal score.

P.S. I know these too many question, but answer to even one is highly appreciated. Please help!!

Hello pulkitaggi - First of all congratulations for your 700+ score and glad to see that you would like to improve your score to 740, it needs real guts man!

I will try to answer the questions in short:

- I have attempted GMAT PREP ( 1-6) only once. Reattempts will have different questions? - If you re-set GMAT Prep, you will get exposure to new set of questions, and yes it will help considering it is an official question.
- I have not attempted 90 question/ extra question bank from GMAT- in a fear that these question might jump in some gmat prep practice paper and then the score will not represent ideal condition. is it RIGHT? - As far as know, Question pack does not questions from the GMAT Prep Exam Packs, so you can go ahead and practice those.
- How should I use advance searched for SC question? I have to open link for each question one by one? Or there are collections available? - What do you mean by advanced search? Click on Question bank and you will check boxes which you can select to filter on the question.
- I am done with OG 16 and OG 17 ( seriously no drastic difference). Will OG 10/11/12/13 will have some extra practice question?? And how should I use GMAT CLUB to practice them. - OG 10/11/12/13 - Will help for sure, and you will definitely find the links on GMAT Club, dont have handy. However, before you focus on more quantity, I would suggest, look for quality, in case you are getting some questions wrong, analyzing those questions in detail, will help a lot to you, for that you can read multiple threads posted by GC members and experts.
- Can you recommend some practice papers? ( I have exhausted Gmat prep (single attempt) , veritas, princeton, 2MGMAT). My current focus is verbal 39/40. All I need is papers that shows an close to ideal verbal score. - Oh! that is a lot of practice! Try for Kaplan. But again I would focus more on quality of practice than quantity.

Hope this helps.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
ydmuley wrote:
pulkitaggi wrote:
BM wrote:

Hi ,

I wrote GMAT last week and scored 700 ( 51/34). Same issue- consultant recommended to try for 740 at least. To improve I am using LSAT RC and CR collection ( Because I lost all my score in these 2 section). But other than this I am out of resources and practice papers. Please help me with following-

- Can you recommend some practice papers? ( I have exhausted Gmat prep (single attempt) , veritas, princeton, 2MGMAT). My current focus is verbal 39/40. All I need is papers that shows an close to ideal verbal score.

P.S. I know these too many question, but answer to even one is highly appreciated. Please help!!

Hello pulkitaggi - First of all congratulations for your 700+ score and glad to see that you would like to improve your score to 740, it needs real guts man!

I will try to answer the questions in short:

- I have attempted GMAT PREP ( 1-6) only once. Reattempts will have different questions? - If you re-set GMAT Prep, you will get exposure to new set of questions, and yes it will help considering it is an official question.
- I have not attempted 90 question/ extra question bank from GMAT- in a fear that these question might jump in some gmat prep practice paper and then the score will not represent ideal condition. is it RIGHT? - As far as know, Question pack does not questions from the GMAT Prep Exam Packs, so you can go ahead and practice those.
- How should I use advance searched for SC question? I have to open link for each question one by one? Or there are collections available? - What do you mean by advanced search? Click on Question bank and you will check boxes which you can select to filter on the question.
- I am done with OG 16 and OG 17 ( seriously no drastic difference). Will OG 10/11/12/13 will have some extra practice question?? And how should I use GMAT CLUB to practice them. - OG 10/11/12/13 - Will help for sure, and you will definitely find the links on GMAT Club, dont have handy. However, before you focus on more quantity, I would suggest, look for quality, in case you are getting some questions wrong, analyzing those questions in detail, will help a lot to you, for that you can read multiple threads posted by GC members and experts.
- Can you recommend some practice papers? ( I have exhausted Gmat prep (single attempt) , veritas, princeton, 2MGMAT). My current focus is verbal 39/40. All I need is papers that shows an close to ideal verbal score. - Oh! that is a lot of practice! Try for Kaplan. But again I would focus more on quality of practice than quantity.

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot!! I really appreciate!! Kudos to you!! :-D :-D

For the quality all I am doing is practicing - reviewing the question post attempting 10-20 question (on gmat club). If I am lacking on concept I will review the Books and then Back to practice the question type. I know this is very mechanical approach: therefore, I really wish if you can share a your approach- I want to try something different and see if my score improves.

Quote:
Click on Question bank and you will check boxes which you can select to filter on the question.
- I guess I am missing some cool features on GMAT club. I will try them today..
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 970 [0]
Given Kudos: 199
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
pulkitaggi wrote:

Thanks a lot!! I really appreciate!! Kudos to you!! :-D :-D

For the quality all I am doing is practicing - reviewing the question post attempting 10-20 question (on gmat club). If I am lacking on concept I will review the Books and then Back to practice the question type. I know this is very mechanical approach: therefore, I really wish if you can share a your approach- I want to try something different and see if my score improves.

Quote:
Click on Question bank and you will check boxes which you can select to filter on the question.
- I guess I am missing some cool features on GMAT club. I will try them today..

Mine is mechanical too Sir! I try to track those error and re-practice them after few days. There can be multiple ways one can do this, but your approach is not wrong, untill and unless you are getting to know were and why you got the answer incorrect.
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63779 [2]
Given Kudos: 1775
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V170

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
pulkitaggi wrote:

You'll see different questions when you retake those tests, but you'll also see some repeats. The question banks are smaller for the two exam packs (tests #3-6), so you're likely to see more repeats on those than on tests #1 & #2. Bottom line: you'll learn something from the new questions, but your scores will still be inflated somewhat by the repeats -- and time management might be significantly easier, since you'll process questions MUCH faster if you've seen them before, even if you don't consciously recognize them. So sure, redo those tests, but take the results with a grain of salt.

Quote:

As ydmuley suggested, you'll definitely want the GMATPrep question pack. You can use those to put together "fake tests" if you want more test-like experiences: https://gmatclub.com/forum/experts-topi ... 44293.html

Quote:

Every time GMAC releases a new edition of the OG, they swap out about 15-20% of the questions with brand-new ones. So if you pick up a copy of OG 11 or OG 12, for example, you'll see a decent number of questions that don't appear in OG 2016 or OG 2017.

Quote:
- Can you recommend some practice papers? ( I have exhausted Gmat prep (single attempt) , veritas, princeton, 2MGMAT). My current focus is verbal 39/40. All I need is papers that show an close to ideal verbal score.

It's unbelievably difficult for test-prep companies to copy the style of the actual GMAT verbal questions, so I wouldn't go too crazy with the unofficial verbal practice tests. The scores aren't necessarily accurate on those. But if it helps at all: you'll probably want to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 80% correct on your LSAT CR and RC sets to have a good shot at a 40 on the GMAT verbal. More on the LSAT here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/experts-topi ... 39365.html

I hope this helps, and congrats on the killer quant score!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
GMATNinja wrote:
pulkitaggi wrote:

You'll see different questions when you retake those tests, but you'll also see some repeats. The question banks are smaller for the two exam packs (tests #3-6), so you're likely to see more repeats on those than on tests #1 & #2. Bottom line: you'll learn something from the new questions, but your scores will still be inflated somewhat by the repeats -- and time management might be significantly easier, since you'll process questions MUCH faster if you've seen them before, even if you don't consciously recognize them. So sure, redo those tests, but take the results with a grain of salt.

Quote:

As ydmuley suggested, you'll definitely want the GMATPrep question pack. You can use those to put together "fake tests" if you want more test-like experiences: https://gmatclub.com/forum/experts-topi ... 44293.html

Quote:

Every time GMAC releases a new edition of the OG, they swap out about 15-20% of the questions with brand-new ones. So if you pick up a copy of OG 11 or OG 12, for example, you'll see a decent number of questions that don't appear in OG 2016 or OG 2017.

Quote:

It's unbelievably difficult for test-prep companies to copy the style of the actual GMAT verbal questions, so I wouldn't go too crazy with the unofficial verbal practice tests. The scores aren't necessarily accurate on those. But if it helps at all: you'll probably want to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 80% correct on your LSAT CR and RC sets to have a good shot at a 40 on the GMAT verbal. More on the LSAT here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/experts-topi ... 39365.html

I hope this helps, and congrats on the killer quant score!!

Hi GMATNinja,

Many many thanks for this wonderful post. This post really helps me a lot. Now at least I can plan my practice much better.

- GMAT PREP 1-2 will have some new and good questions. :shock: :shock: :shock:

- I bought the GMAT prep Question Bank yesterday. And to my advantage I have yet not used a question, otherwise I would have missed the fake test strategy. :wink: :wink:

- OG 11 - is on its way! :P :P

- Now I have a target score on LSAT question bank- 80%. Though the timing is very difficult to match as mentioned on their papers. But you cleared that doubt as well - focus 25 questions in less than 1 hour. :o :o

I can now practice without a fear of attempting wrong question!! Thanks a lot again for responding on this! :-D :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Ross '21 (S)
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi, I also needed some help on a similar front. I took the GMAT a few weeks ago. I scored 620( Q48/V-27). On the GMAT prep tests I was scoring 690- 700. However , on the exam day, out of anxiety my score dropped. I am attempting to take the exam again. However, I have exhasuted all the materials I had, namely
1. Economist subsciption
2. OG 2018 full solved.
3. GMAT test 1-4

My weakness is CR and RC.
Also, I want to increase my score in Quant to 49/50 atleast.

Please guide with repsect to-
1. material I can use to strengthen my weak areas and continuously practise
2. make a plan for the coming one month

Currently I am totally lost and directionless. Constructive advice you really be appreciated.

I am a young female from the field of medicine.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11674 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM