Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 04:52 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 04:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 102
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE:Other (Health Care)
Send PM
Re: Calling All 2015 Consortium Applicants Thread [#permalink]
With so much energy in trying to make it to draft day, it's a little bit of a kick to the pants that decisions are still atleast a day away. #buzzkill

Keep sane everyone. Almost there!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
It was a literal question and I think it is being read into too much. I asked because I genuinely wanted to know. I am not bitter about anything I don't expect anything of any one nor was I trying to imply that. Hating on other people's achievements is petty. I don't do petty. I am too old for that stuff. I clearly have not been nearly as successful and for me to try to bring someone down would be asinine and ridiculous. I wanted to know for personal edification and to see if the strategy I thought she was playing was actually what she was doing. Seriously. I have respect for the success she has had and was genuinely trying to learn. She clearly knows what she is doing.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GMAT 1: 610 Q44 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q46 V36
GPA: 3.46
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Yay, carrots always work in front of adcomms. Not!

Who knows, maybe a big fat offer from a lower ranked school might cause one to reconsider?

I know a guy who has gotten a full-ride to Kenan flagler pre-draft but who really wants to see if he gets money from any of the M7s.

Can't fault him. It's good to have that conundrum!

LazyBoy8 wrote:
It was a literal question and I think it is being read into too much. I asked because I genuinely wanted to know. I am not bitter about anything I don't expect anything of any one nor was I trying to imply that. Hating on other people's achievements is petty. I don't do petty. I am too old for that stuff. I clearly have not been nearly as successful and for me to try to bring someone down would be asinine and ridiculous. I wanted to know for personal edification and to see if the strategy I thought she was playing was actually what she was doing. Seriously. I have respect for the success she has had and was genuinely trying to learn. She clearly knows what she is doing.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 242 [1]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
WE:Business Development (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
So I gave in and called Darden. They told me that they would be releasing their consortium decisions between March 17-19th. It's so close...fingers crossed.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 113 [1]
Given Kudos: 145
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 650 Q39 V41
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
To NYU people waiting, check your status. You may have admission updates (not fellowship).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 115
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V38
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GRE 1: Q161 V165
Send PM
I still haven't heard from NYU. No invite for interview, waitlist, or ding from them so far. Do you guys think that is ding then?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [2]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.05
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
jbotero08 wrote:
I still haven't heard from NYU. No invite for interview, waitlist, or ding from them so far. Do you guys think that is ding then?

That's certainly not a good sign, but I think you're so close to knowing for sure that there's no sense in trying to guess. Trust me, I know how hard it is to just wait, but it helps to find something else to focus on. Some ideas:

- Do something nice for a coworker
- Listen to a podcast
- Eat a burrito
- Look at the weather forecast for the schools you're applying to
- Do some actual work
- Post a list of activities that could distract you from the attention-consuming idea that a couple dozen people are sitting somewhere making decisions that will dramatically impact every aspect of your life
- Hope people don't figure out the list is just what you've done that day
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
I will focus on finding the best burrito I can in my metropolitan area and consuming it.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
kboejoe wrote:
jbotero08 wrote:

That's certainly not a good sign, but I think you're so close to knowing for sure that there's no sense in trying to guess. Trust me, I know how hard it is to just wait, but it helps to find something else to focus on. Some ideas:

- Do something nice for a coworker
- Listen to a podcast
- Eat a burrito
- Look at the weather forecast for the schools you're applying to
- Do some actual work
- Post a list of activities that could distract you from the attention-consuming idea that a couple dozen people are sitting somewhere making decisions that will dramatically impact every aspect of your life
- Hope people don't figure out the list is just what you've done that day

lololol!!! Thanks for the laugh!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Is it possible to paste pictures? I want to let the board know of my great find.

jbotero08 wrote:
I will focus on finding the best burrito I can in my metropolitan area and consuming it.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 113 [1]
Given Kudos: 145
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 650 Q39 V41
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
Eat a burrito, do some actual work haha!

On a more serious note, for those that have already done FAFSA, when you enter the schools you've applied to, do they just populate as the undergraduate college/university name? For instance, would Johnson populate as Johnson, or as Cornell?

And sorry jbotero, I was recently notified by a few people (3) that were admitted within 30 min of each other. I was hoping that would be the case for some folks here as well. That said, looks like they are releasing on info on a rolling basis, so it's not over just yet.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I rather wait and have the chance to interview than just get outright no. It would be interesting to interview at the end of cycle and get in. Hope still lives. Now, onto finding that burrito.

JackSparr0w wrote:

On a more serious note, for those that have already done FAFSA, when you enter the schools you've applied to, do they just populate as the undergraduate college/university name? For instance, would Johnson populate as Johnson, or as Cornell?

And sorry jbotero, I was recently notified by a few people (3) that were admitted within 30 min of each other. I was hoping that would be the case for some folks here as well. That said, looks like they are releasing on info on a rolling basis, so it's not over just yet.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
jbotero08 wrote:
I rather wait and have the chance to interview than just get outright no. It would be interesting to interview at the end of cycle and get in. Hope still lives. Now, onto finding that burrito.

JackSparr0w wrote:

What were your rankings if you don't mid me asking. Your stats seem on par with most of the schools you've looked at.
tomorrow can not come soon enough!
jbotero08 wrote:

JackSparr0w wrote:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [3]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Just received the email, in at NYU! So excited.

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Send PM
Here's something to get minds off the draft/decisions for a few minutes. Updated US News rankings.
https://poetsandquants.com/2015/03/09/st ... s-ranking/

I'm surprised that Tepper slipped 2 places. Looking at the index scores shows how competitive the programs are on the criteria the USNews uses.
Anyone else have thoughts?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE:Other (Health Care)
Send PM
KChukuka wrote:
Just received the email, in at NYU! So excited.

Posted from GMAT ToolKit

Congratulations!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  51   52   53   54   55   56   57  ...  87   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts