Last visit was: 18 May 2024, 20:51 It is currently 18 May 2024, 20:51
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Re: Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]
if the one on-campus interview date is Thursday.. they probably sent out most invites already? Otherwise that doesn't make sense to have the only on-campus date so early.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mks9ky wrote:
Just got my invitation email!
I was checking this thread yesterday and I totally didn't expect to receive the invitation today.

P.s.
I'm also a college senior.

Good luck everyone!

Congrats!!! where are you located?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
silverforumsurf wrote:
if the one on-campus interview date is Thursday.. they probably sent out most invites already? Otherwise that doesn't make sense to have the only on-campus date so early.

I got my invitation email today and it had nothing about on-campus interviews.

Here is the email:

"Greetings from the Stanford MBA Admissions Office! We have reviewed your application and are delighted to invite you to interview.

The first step in this process is for you to let us know your location and general availability for the next few weeks. Please log in to your application. Click on "Update Interview Info" to let us know your interview preferences.

We’re sure you have lots of questions, so I have included some more information below. If you have any other questions, particularly about the interview process or about scheduling your interview, please feel free to email me at xxx

Thank you for your continued interest in the Stanford Graduate School of Business.

Warm regards,"
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
This is from their website:

Quote:
For Round 3, we begin inviting candidates to interview a week after the application deadline and continue issuing invitations until a week before the decision notification date for that round.

So I assume they may interview people up to a day before the D-day, but all invitations will probably be out by next Thursday.
Intern
Intern
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
mosesrah wrote:
This is from their website:

Quote:
For Round 3, we begin inviting candidates to interview a week after the application deadline and continue issuing invitations until a week before the decision notification date for that round.

So I assume they may interview people up to a day before the D-day, but all invitations will probably be out by next Thursday.

Not sure. I will call them this Friday to try understanding it a bit more. They can't possibly send interview invitation out on 5th and expect ppl to schedule it within a couple of hours.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
has anybody contacted GSB yet? I'm planning to call them on Friday...

joined the HBS dinged club today lol
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
I think its is very unlikely...if at all they send more invites, it is only for college seniors.....rather than sending every one rejection, they would send the ding out in a batch on May 6. But right until then I think they will continue to consider college seniors, hence their standard response on phone....this is my conclusion...,all speculative....but speculation also has some reality and I aint hopeful now....talk about negativity! :(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hmm well in the past two years, how many people non deferred folks applied in R3 and were given an interview after Apr 22 in this forum?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
any news recently? it's torturing me knowing that I need to wait at least till 6 May to receive a ding. Can't they just release the decision as of now haiz....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
My buddy went through the round 3 application process last year and was accepted. He mentioned that if you have not received an interview invitation by now, there is a 90% change you are just awaiting a ding. Sorry to sound negative, but it helps manage my expectations and share information for the forum.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
giathuyho wrote:
any news recently? it's torturing me knowing that I need to wait at least till 6 May to receive a ding. Can't they just release the decision as of now haiz....

Yes, Why can't all the decisions be declared at one go for all the R3 applicants? It is really torturing..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
drwithe wrote:
My buddy went through the round 3 application process last year and was accepted. He mentioned that if you have not received an interview invitation by now, there is a 90% change you are just awaiting a ding. Sorry to sound negative, but it helps manage my expectations and share information for the forum.

:cry: :(
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
GMAT Date: 03-03-2015
GRE 1: Q48 V46
GPA: 3.64
WE:General Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Compared to the first two application rounds, we get a fairly quick turnaround. I'm glad that they at least waived the application fee for veterans; I'd be even more bitter if I'd thrown $250 into the paper shredder along with my application just to never hear back!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
did you guys explain in your application why you're applying in R3? to be honest, these people know what they are doing, if they had no intentions to send more invites, they would have brought the notification date forward! they clearly said, that they will continue sending invites up until a week before the notification date (April 29th), so if we don't receive anything by April 29th, then we should assume that we are dinged.

Let's not forget that they have a very limited number of places to offer in R3, so they have some difficult decisions to make. I'm kind of relieved to know that the only people who received an invite on this forum are college seniors.

At the end of the day, this is just an MBA application, if we make it , great, if not, we will keep trying, if it doesn't work out, well, we will still have an amazing career! I know people with MBAs who didn't do anything great with it! life is full of other opportunities...

But, because this is GSB, so a massive deal, and could possibly be a life changing event, a lot of emotional "noise" comes in! let's not let this affect our self-worth, we couldn't have done more at this stage.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Don't abandon hope fellow true round 3 applicants, I just got an email for an interview invitation! Seems as though they may actually continue sending them out until later than we've all been thinking. I'm early in the alphabet and submitted my application about a day and a half before the window closed. I'll share any insights gained from the interview here.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mascafe wrote:
Don't abandon hope fellow true round 3 applicants, I just got an email for an interview invitation! Seems as though they may actually continue sending them out until later than we've all been thinking. I'm early in the alphabet and submitted my application about a day and a half before the window closed. I'll share any insights gained from the interview here.

Hey Congrats... Waiting for my invite for interview.. now.. I submitted my application on 1st at 4 pm PST. lets see.. When is your interview?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sammy1080 wrote:
mascafe wrote:

Hey Congrats... Waiting for my invite for interview.. now.. I submitted my application on 1st at 4 pm PST. lets see.. When is your interview?

They provide you with the contact details of an alumni in the area and leave it to you to coordinate with that person for a time and place. I haven't sorted that out yet, probably sometime early next week.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  81   82   83   84   85  ...  87   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6929 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts