It is currently 22 Oct 2017, 05:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Schools: Stanford '18 (S)
Re: Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2015, 13:11
etemeo wrote:
lb1993 wrote:
douja wrote:
last year, the last invite was sent on April 22nd, so as far as I'm concerned, If I don't receive anything by tomorrow COB, I'll move on!

they said they will continue sending invites up until a week before the notification date, does it mean they could possibly be sending invites till April 29th? I'm confused...

I know it's so confusing. Maybe you should call them to get an idea if/when they're still sending invitations. Last year they might have sent some after the 22nd but just no one on this forum got them.

Yeah, it will be good if someone calls and confirms this.
I think someone in last year's forum got an invite on 23rd as well, which was exactly 10 business days before the result date (7th Apr).

Congratulations to all the invites... :thumbup: and Good luck for the interview :gl ..
So has anyone called up at the GSB to ask about the last date of invitation? .. The wait is soooo long.. huh

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 4

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2015, 13:21
I have noticed a pattern here: so far, the invites were sent to those who applied for a deferred admission only.

Let's wait until tomorrow before we call/email them...I'm sure there must at least one person on here who has an amazing application!!

Current Student

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Schools: Stanford '17 (A)

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2015, 13:32
I called this morning to see if there was a hard cut-off date and was told that, unlike earlier rounds, they will be sending out interview invitations up until the day before May 6th although I'm not sure this is right (doesn't really sound feasible?).

Wondering if someone else on here calls if they get the same answer...

etemeo wrote:
lb1993 wrote:
douja wrote:
last year, the last invite was sent on April 22nd, so as far as I'm concerned, If I don't receive anything by tomorrow COB, I'll move on!

they said they will continue sending invites up until a week before the notification date, does it mean they could possibly be sending invites till April 29th? I'm confused...

I know it's so confusing. Maybe you should call them to get an idea if/when they're still sending invitations. Last year they might have sent some after the 22nd but just no one on this forum got them.

Yeah, it will be good if someone calls and confirms this.
I think someone in last year's forum got an invite on 23rd as well, which was exactly 10 business days before the result date (7th Apr).

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2015, 13:38
:shock: doesn't sound realistic to me unless they change the notification date :-D

so applicants are supposed to do the interview on the 5th?! something is off here!

this is torture lol

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2015, 13:42
douja wrote:
:shock: doesn't sound realistic to me unless they change the notification date :-D

so applicants are supposed to do the interview on the 5th?! something is off here!

this is torture lol

Absolutely true. It looks absurd calling up a day before the last date. Eyes are glued to the screen to check any update on the application status. I will call them tomorrow. I wonder how many will be called for the interview and how many applicants are there in R3...

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2015, 16:10
Just got my invitation email!
I was checking this thread yesterday and I totally didn't expect to receive the invitation today.

P.s.
I'm also a college senior.

Good luck everyone!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2015, 16:26
if the one on-campus interview date is Thursday.. they probably sent out most invites already? Otherwise that doesn't make sense to have the only on-campus date so early.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2015, 17:22
mks9ky wrote:
Just got my invitation email!
I was checking this thread yesterday and I totally didn't expect to receive the invitation today.

P.s.
I'm also a college senior.

Good luck everyone!

Congrats!!! where are you located?

Current Student

Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2015, 17:32
silverforumsurf wrote:
if the one on-campus interview date is Thursday.. they probably sent out most invites already? Otherwise that doesn't make sense to have the only on-campus date so early.

I got my invitation email today and it had nothing about on-campus interviews.

Here is the email:

"Greetings from the Stanford MBA Admissions Office! We have reviewed your application and are delighted to invite you to interview.

The first step in this process is for you to let us know your location and general availability for the next few weeks. Please log in to your application. Click on "Update Interview Info" to let us know your interview preferences.

We’re sure you have lots of questions, so I have included some more information below. If you have any other questions, particularly about the interview process or about scheduling your interview, please feel free to email me at xxx

Thank you for your continued interest in the Stanford Graduate School of Business.

Warm regards,"

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 12

GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2015, 07:21
This is from their website:

Quote:
For Round 3, we begin inviting candidates to interview a week after the application deadline and continue issuing invitations until a week before the decision notification date for that round.

So I assume they may interview people up to a day before the D-day, but all invitations will probably be out by next Thursday.

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 12

Intern
Intern

Schools: Stanford '17 (S)
WE: Project Management (Other)

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2015, 08:48
mosesrah wrote:
This is from their website:

Quote:
For Round 3, we begin inviting candidates to interview a week after the application deadline and continue issuing invitations until a week before the decision notification date for that round.

So I assume they may interview people up to a day before the D-day, but all invitations will probably be out by next Thursday.

Not sure. I will call them this Friday to try understanding it a bit more. They can't possibly send interview invitation out on 5th and expect ppl to schedule it within a couple of hours.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2015, 11:36
has anybody contacted GSB yet? I'm planning to call them on Friday...

joined the HBS dinged club today lol

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2015, 15:48
I think its is very unlikely...if at all they send more invites, it is only for college seniors.....rather than sending every one rejection, they would send the ding out in a batch on May 6. But right until then I think they will continue to consider college seniors, hence their standard response on phone....this is my conclusion...,all speculative....but speculation also has some reality and I aint hopeful now....talk about negativity! :(

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2015, 15:50
Hmm well in the past two years, how many people non deferred folks applied in R3 and were given an interview after Apr 22 in this forum?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2015, 10:22
any news recently? it's torturing me knowing that I need to wait at least till 6 May to receive a ding. Can't they just release the decision as of now haiz....

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2015, 10:29
My buddy went through the round 3 application process last year and was accepted. He mentioned that if you have not received an interview invitation by now, there is a 90% change you are just awaiting a ding. Sorry to sound negative, but it helps manage my expectations and share information for the forum.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2015, 11:12
giathuyho wrote:
any news recently? it's torturing me knowing that I need to wait at least till 6 May to receive a ding. Can't they just release the decision as of now haiz....

Yes, Why can't all the decisions be declared at one go for all the R3 applicants? It is really torturing..

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2015, 11:12
drwithe wrote:
My buddy went through the round 3 application process last year and was accepted. He mentioned that if you have not received an interview invitation by now, there is a 90% change you are just awaiting a ding. Sorry to sound negative, but it helps manage my expectations and share information for the forum.

:cry: :(

Current Student

Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
GMAT Date: 03-03-2015
GRE 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.64
WE: General Management (Military & Defense)

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2015, 11:18
Compared to the first two application rounds, we get a fairly quick turnaround. I'm glad that they at least waived the application fee for veterans; I'd be even more bitter if I'd thrown $250 into the paper shredder along with my application just to never hear back!

3 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 8 [3], given: 4

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2015, 12:33
This post received
KUDOS
did you guys explain in your application why you're applying in R3? to be honest, these people know what they are doing, if they had no intentions to send more invites, they would have brought the notification date forward! they clearly said, that they will continue sending invites up until a week before the notification date (April 29th), so if we don't receive anything by April 29th, then we should assume that we are dinged.

Let's not forget that they have a very limited number of places to offer in R3, so they have some difficult decisions to make. I'm kind of relieved to know that the only people who received an invite on this forum are college seniors.

At the end of the day, this is just an MBA application, if we make it , great, if not, we will keep trying, if it doesn't work out, well, we will still have an amazing career! I know people with MBAs who didn't do anything great with it! life is full of other opportunities...

But, because this is GSB, so a massive deal, and could possibly be a life changing event, a lot of emotional "noise" comes in! let's not let this affect our self-worth, we couldn't have done more at this stage.

Kudos [?]: 8 [3], given: 4

Re: Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants!   [#permalink] 23 Apr 2015, 12:33

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  76   77   78   79   80   81   82   83   84   85   86   87    Next  [ 1733 posts ] 

Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: ydmuley, mvictor

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap