It is currently 16 Dec 2017, 09:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
GMAT Date: 03-03-2015
GRE 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.64
WE: General Management (Military & Defense)
Re: Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2015, 14:46
Don't abandon hope fellow true round 3 applicants, I just got an email for an interview invitation! Seems as though they may actually continue sending them out until later than we've all been thinking. I'm early in the alphabet and submitted my application about a day and a half before the window closed. I'll share any insights gained from the interview here.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Schools: Stanford '18 (S)

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2015, 14:49
mascafe wrote:
Don't abandon hope fellow true round 3 applicants, I just got an email for an interview invitation! Seems as though they may actually continue sending them out until later than we've all been thinking. I'm early in the alphabet and submitted my application about a day and a half before the window closed. I'll share any insights gained from the interview here.

Hey Congrats... Waiting for my invite for interview.. now.. I submitted my application on 1st at 4 pm PST. lets see.. When is your interview?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2015, 14:58
sammy1080 wrote:
mascafe wrote:

Hey Congrats... Waiting for my invite for interview.. now.. I submitted my application on 1st at 4 pm PST. lets see.. When is your interview?

They provide you with the contact details of an alumni in the area and leave it to you to coordinate with that person for a time and place. I haven't sorted that out yet, probably sometime early next week.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 4

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2015, 15:00
that's great news! genuinely happy for you! best of luck...

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

Schools: Stanford '17 (S)
WE: Project Management (Other)

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2015, 15:23
This post received
KUDOS
mascafe wrote:

Hey, that's great news! congrats and Good luck!

I called up the admissions office and was told that they would continue to send invites a day before the result. So, I asked them about logistics of dealing with an invite a day before the results. She said that they will let us know in the email on how to proceed with the interview if that happens, hinting at the possibility of different types of interviews (skype/ face time?)

Anyway- thought I should share it with you guys/girls.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2015, 13:36
thanks for letting us know :)

Some people will be getting a call from DB on May 5th and others will be trying to arrange for their interview. Interesting...

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2015, 17:48
Np

I actually don't believe them. It will be really hard to set up an interview on a days notice.

I have given up on the admission anyway. Don't think there is any use for me to wait longer.

Good luck to all

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 243 [0], given: 0

B-Schools Showcase Green Business Practices [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Apr 2015, 09:27
Today’s global economy has two faces: one of exponential growth in developing countries, and the flip side—a voracious ravaging of resources by developed nations. While some business leaders continue to march in step to the “more is better” mantra, others are realizing that business as usual is not sustainable for our planet.

Earth Day may be commemorated officially on only one day of the year, but business schools around the country are using the occasion to show their dedication to tackling issues of climate change and sustainability that are at the core of doing green business.

Here’s what’s going on this week at some of the top MBA programs:
Business Takes the Lead: How Innovation Will Drive Our Mitigation and Adaptation to Climate Change 2015 Conference, Wednesday, April 22, 2015, at the University of Pennsylvania Wharton School

Fight Less, Collaborate More: How to Solve the World’s Greatest Environmental Challenges, Thursday April 23, 2015, at the Stanford Graduate School of Business

UCLA Anderson School of Management is on day two of its annual Social Innovation Week, which runs April 20-23, 2015. Panelists and speakers will discuss social entrepreneurship, social impact in media and entertainment, corporate social impact and one-for-one models.

UC Berkeley Haas School of Business announced yesterday that the team from the full-time MBA program took first place in the Morgan Stanley Sustainable Investing Challenge, at Morgan Stanley’s London Headquarters on April 17. The winning team’s investment thesis was about drought mitigation innovation.

University of Michigan Ross School of Business announced today that influential Indian business leader, GV Sanjay Reddy, Vice Chairman GVK, will be the keynote speaker for Commencement on May 1st, 2015. At the event, he will share his views on the power of positive business, and how it creates a social impact on society.

And finally, Columbia Business School deserves a ‘shout out’ for its great article on the business case for going green.

This is just a sampling of the activities currently taking place on business school campuses, where sustainability and good stewardship are more than just buzz words—they are the very key to long-term economic growth and a better planet for future generations.

Earth image courtesy of Flickr user woodleywonderworks, CC 2.0

If you are looking for guidance on your MBA application, Stacy Blackman Consulting can help with hourly and comprehensive consulting services. Contact us to learn more. Visit the website for Stacy Blackman Reviews, and check out the company’s e-publications for more in depth school-by-school guidance.

Kudos [?]: 243 [0], given: 0

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 27 Apr 2015, 12:47
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Had my interview. I think it went well. Asked for a review of my resume / life timeline from growing up through deciding to go for an MBA. Talked about extracurriculars a little. Asked about what I would've done if I hadn't gone into the military. Asked about what the low point in my career was and why and how I dealt with that. Most of the interview was me asking questions about his experience and just having a conversation about that. It was very low key overall. Good luck to those waiting on interview invites or conducting them this week.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2015, 13:50
Best of luck with the results and thanks for sharing this!

I guess the GSB dream is over...not optimistic at this point.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 759 [0], given: 355

Concentration: Finance
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2015, 15:13
douja wrote:
Best of luck with the results and thanks for sharing this!

I guess the GSB dream is over...not optimistic at this point.

Party's over, moving on guys!

Kudos [?]: 759 [0], given: 355

Current Student

Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V47
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2015, 16:37
I'm surprised we only heard about 1 person getting an interview for the class of 2017. I know the round 3 odds are slim, but I still expected to hear about more than 1 interview invite. Oh well. More incentive to show Stanford what's up during the case competitions. Last time I checked I didn't need to be a female, native american, war vet to win case competitions and excel professionally (no offense to the female, native american war vets out there - much love for ya).

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2015, 18:32
byujakedmb wrote:
I'm surprised we only heard about 1 person getting an interview for the class of 2017. I know the round 3 odds are slim, but I still expected to hear about more than 1 interview invite. Oh well. More incentive to show Stanford what's up during the case competitions. Last time I checked I didn't need to be a female, native american, war vet to win case competitions and excel professionally (no offense to the female, native american war vets out there - much love for ya).

I feel like my military angle helped justify the round 3 application. I had some weird timing with the transition to civilian life. I only took the GMAT once and it was last month. Do you have a good reason for applying late? (understand it could be personal/family stuff) I barely feel like mine is adequate.

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V47
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2015, 18:51
This post received
KUDOS
mascafe wrote:
byujakedmb wrote:

I feel like my military angle helped justify the round 3 application. I had some weird timing with the transition to civilian life. I only took the GMAT once and it was last month. Do you have a good reason for applying late? (understand it could be personal/family stuff) I barely feel like mine is adequate.

I applied in round 3 because that's when I decided I wanted to pursue an MBA. I could have waited until next year, but I'm impatient :). I'm happy for all the military personnel that get the benefit of the doubt. My brother-in-law was a Marine officer and I saw how much of a toll his absence took on his family and himself. That's a sacrifice that our society should honor and reward any chance we can. The disadvantage I feel as an applicant is mostly as a white male. But it is what it is. I'm just honestly surprised no one else on the boards got an interview invite. Cheers to you and your sacrifice and I hope Stanford works out for you.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Healthcare, Sustainability
WE: General Management (Retail)

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2015, 22:39
to the last three posters - you're assuming those who applied in Round Three would be responding to the thread. there are quite possibly people from even Rounds 1 and 2 who are admitted and not posting here.

good luck to everyone!

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Apr 2015, 13:51
just opened my application and found an additional section to apply for the Stanford MBA Africa fellowship for 2016 entry! this is a very bad sign lol (I'm north African...)

I wish they could just send the ding!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2015, 09:39
douja wrote:
just opened my application and found an additional section to apply for the Stanford MBA Africa fellowship for 2016 entry! this is a very bad sign lol (I'm north African...)

I wish they could just send the ding!

sigh, i think its over. I just called them and they said that the 'majority of the interview invites have already gone out' and there maybe some going out, but official update will be released on Wednesday next week.

In short- moving on. too late now

Good luck to all those who were interviewed

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2015, 09:51
yeah, It's over.

I don't understand why they said they will continue sending invites until May 5th. They owe us at least an update by email or on their website to say that there will be no more interviews or send a collective ding before the official notification date like Harvard did.

Very disappointed, I don't know if I'm ready to go through this process again and apply in R1.

What are you guys planning to do? have you got admitted elsewhere?

x

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 16 [1], given: 12

GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 May 2015, 08:23
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
douja wrote:
yeah, It's over.

I don't understand why they said they will continue sending invites until May 5th. They owe us at least an update by email or on their website to say that there will be no more interviews or send a collective ding before the official notification date like Harvard did.

Very disappointed, I don't know if I'm ready to go through this process again and apply in R1.

What are you guys planning to do? have you got admitted elsewhere?

x

don't be so disappointed man. Its R3 at Stanford! Statistically, we have higher chances of getting killed in a car crash over the coming year than getting in Stanford in R3! also, I heard from a professor at GSB that now a big shot CEO of a huge tech company in silicon valley (wont say the name here) applied 3 times to GSB and then got in.
So my advice is to start working on your application today! I also heard from the adcom that they like seeing re-applicants! so we def have better chances in R1 this year.
Good luck to you all and may the force be with you!

Kudos [?]: 16 [1], given: 12

Current Student

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Schools: Stanford '17 (A)

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2015, 03:35
Does GSB start notifying admitted students today, or tomorrow? Seems like R2 started getting calls two days before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants!   [#permalink] 04 May 2015, 03:35

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  76   77   78   79   80   81   82   83   84   85   86   87    Next  [ 1733 posts ] 

Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: ydmuley, mvictor

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap