Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 03:55 It is currently 03 May 2024, 03:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V45
GPA: 3.67
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.9
WE:Analyst (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 94 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas Full Time Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Kudos
TheLostOne wrote:
Anyone officially send their transcript in? If so, did you do email or snail mail?

And if email, which email address?

Thanks!

Hi TheLostOne,
I mailed transcripts to their office, the address is there in the status page. I didn't follow that up, maybe I should email them to see.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [3]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas Full Time Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Kudos
My application had been under review since Oct 7th. Had almost given up hope! Finally got an invite today. What a Thanksgiving gift!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Sustainability
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
Send PM
Kudos
TheLostOne wrote:
sebasvu1 wrote:
Yeeeeeees!!!! Just got an invite!!! Couldn´t be happier.

Consortium applicant.

Me too!

What a world.

Any historical precedence for these last minute invites? Do we still have a 50/50 chance?

Wahoo!!! Happy for you, TheLostOne - now will you be more optimistic?! Go celebrate tonight!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 94 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
LetMyPeopleGoSurfing wrote:
TheLostOne wrote:
sebasvu1 wrote:
Yeeeeeees!!!! Just got an invite!!! Couldn´t be happier.

Consortium applicant.

Me too!

What a world.

Any historical precedence for these last minute invites? Do we still have a 50/50 chance?

Wahoo!!! Happy for you, TheLostOne - now will you be more optimistic?! Go celebrate tonight!

I am already wasted man!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeyqS9BDPds[/youtube]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Still nothing for me...hopefully more to come this week and this wasn't the final batch.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Commuting for an Executive MBA: Berkeley EMBAs Share Perspective

Karin Lion, associate program officer with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, commutes to the Berkeley executive MBA program from Seattle

Nearly a third of the students in the Berkeley MBA for Executives Program commute for their studies. For them, the chance to study not just in a Bay Area EMBA Program, but in a full campus environment (at the Haas School of Business and at UC Berkeley) were worth the trade-offs.

Here's what some of them had to say about why they chose to commute for an executive MBA program and how the Berkeley-Haas program helps them make it work.

Christine Elfalan, who began the program as the executive director of product management for a Southern-California-based online flower company says the scheduling of classes—every three weeks instead of every two—made a big difference.

"Flying up every three weeks is the ideal cadence to keep me well-connected to my career and fully immersed in my studies," says Christine, who has since moved to the Bay Area as director of engagement marketing for OpenTable.

Greg Durkin, senior VP of marketing analytics for Warner Bros. Pictures, deliberately chose to leave Southern California for his executive MBA studies. “When you take yourself out of your comfort zone and put yourself into a new community, it sets you up to think differently,” he says of his decision to cross-pollinate perspective with executives from other industries.

Even students who aren't commuting work to support the classmates who are. Cindy Chang, who recently left her role as business analyst with REG Life Sciences to launch her own venture, serves as VP of Academics for her class. She has worked closely with the program office to smooth the way for her classmates. Making sure class schedules let commuters get on a plane at a reasonable time are among the issues she's handled.  https://mbaforexecs.haas.berkeley.edu/community/students/profiles/cindy_chang.html

Karin Lion, associate program officer with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (pictured above), commutes from Seattle and says this has actually added to her executive MBA experience. The five Seattle commuters form their own “mini-Haas," studying together and supporting each other. "They have also expanded my view of Seattle," Karin says, "introducing me to new neighborhoods and experiences."

To learn more about what it's like to commute for an EMBA, join current students for our Commuting from Outside the Bay Area webinar, Thurs., Dec. 3, from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. (PST).

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Berkeley MBA Study Teams Yield Insights on Diversity, Leadership, Self

At Berkeley-Haas, our students contribute diverse perspectives, valuable experiences, and a contagious ambition to learn and grow. If you read our previous post on how our full-time MBA students contribute to their study teams, you probably got a sense of the varied, yet valuable, contributions that each student makes to the team.

Our unique culture is shaped by the different skill sets and insights that students bring to one another—and to our program at large—but we also believe there's a symbiotic relationship at work: when students bring positivity to their peers, they receive enthusiasm; when they share a new idea or challenge a convention, they're met with open-minded interest; when they step up to lead, they find support.

Whether they've gained a sense of confidence, patience to work through a problem, or an appreciation for all voices, at Berkeley-Haas, when our students give, they also receive. Read on to see what study team members have gotten from collaborating with their peers.

Across the board, these students in our Full-time Berkeley MBA Program said they value the strength that came from their team's diversity. George Roche, who previously worked in government strategy and operations with Deloitte, says he appreciated the eclectic backgrounds and experiences of his teammates. "We had a group of people from all over the world with a breadth of experiences across the board," George says. He also never felt reticent to admit when he didn't know something, because his team provided a supportive structure, and made it "safe to acknowledge areas you weren't good at."

Sonya Hetrick, who worked in financial services, agrees that her team's diverse backgrounds enabled different problem-solving approaches. The different perspectives "helped us explore more ideas and options, rather than just going with the first idea," Sonya explains. “My experiences taught me the value of including all voices in the conversation."  

Robbie Heath found that listening to all of the voices on his team actually improved how he approached problems in his field: energy. He says he was able to "take lessons learned from other industries and apply them to energy." Robbie also saw leadership qualities in his teammates that instilled a sense of confidence and leadership in himself, noting that, "Over time, my team made me more confident to contribute earlier in our discussions."

Mario Siewert also discovered inspiration and confidence from his fellow students. “I was struggling to experiment with different speaking styles, and it was very uncomfortable for me to leave my known path and particular speaking style. Through the safe space my classmates created, I was encouraged to experiment and challenge myself." In fact, the experience gave Mario a new sense of himself, and a new definition of leadership. "Looking back," he says, "the experience was crucial to discovering a part of me that I wouldn't have discovered without my classmates.” 

And many students find that their study teams not only broaden their academic and professional horizons, but also their social ones. Ryann Kopacka found in her team an unwavering support system. "I know that I can go to any member on my study team for help, for a listening ear, or just for a fun time," she says.

Ryann has also learned the importance of such relationships. “I have learned that I want to be the type of leader who cares about the people I lead. I have learned from my study team that relationships are more important at the end of the day than completing an assignment or the quality of an assignment.”

To learn more about how Haas culture promotes effective teamwork and about the value of strengthening collaborative leadership capabilities, join current students online for Who Says There's No "I" in "Team?" a webinar this Thursday, Dec. 3, from 10: a.m. to 11a.m. (PST).

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 180 [0]
Given Kudos: 93
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE:Accounting (Consulting)
Send PM
malosis wrote:
Still nothing for me...hopefully more to come this week and this wasn't the final batch.

I think last year they had invites as late as four days before deadline.
I'm also worried, this was one of my best if not the best application. I really enjoyed writing my essays and I'm proud of them, so it seems strange to not have an invite for so long.
Maybe they didn't like my profile? Or the list of schools I also applied to? Or they didn't review it yet.
This wait is difficult.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
kvazar wrote:
malosis wrote:

I'm also worried, this was one of my best if not the best application. I really enjoyed writing my essays and I'm proud of them, so it seems strange to not have an invite for so long.
Maybe they didn't like my profile? Or the list of schools I also applied to? Or they didn't review it yet.
This wait is difficult.

Is there any correlation between invitation sequence and chances of selection? I sincerely hope to get an invite. Common Haas... Send an invitation e-mail.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 180 [0]
Send PM
anubhavmax wrote:
kvazar wrote:
malosis wrote:

This wait is difficult.

Is there any correlation between invitation sequence and chances of selection? I sincerely hope to get an invite. Common Haas... Send an invitation e-mail.

Well, that person, who received an invite 4 days prior to deadline was accepted.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
WE:Design (Transportation)
Send PM
this wait is just pathetic.. too much self doubt.. never had an experience like this before... they should atleast notify the dings right away.. so that some of us can go on with our life...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 180 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Arnav180 wrote:
this wait is just pathetic.. too much self doubt.. never had an experience like this before... they should atleast notify the dings right away.. so that some of us can go on with our life...

Life is full of doubts. Even if HAAS adcom was doing everything possible, it's not always easy to have a process that will satisfy everyone, I am sure they understand the pressure and do their best. I hope they will improve the process, but right now it is a waiting game, so I would recommend to be patient, hope for the best, be ready for the worst and enjoy your day.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
WE:Design (Transportation)
Send PM
kvazar wrote:
Arnav180 wrote:

Life is full of doubts. Even if HAAS adcom was doing everything possible, it's not always easy to have a process that will satisfy everyone, I am sure they understand the pressure and do their best. I hope they will improve the process, but right now it is a waiting game, so I would recommend to be patient, hope for the best, be ready for the worst and enjoy your day.

Oh no no, please don't take it in a wrong way. I am sure Haas AdCom is working diligently on app reviews. It was an expression of personal feelings. As I said, first time experience for me, being so helpless about something for this long.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 94 [0]
Send PM
I want this so badly! Just hoping the late invite isn't a bad sign.

Anyone have any idea about an invite/acceptance ratio? Is it about 50/50 here too?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Concentration: General Management, Economics
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.95
WE:Consulting (Retail)
Send PM
Kudos
TheLostOne wrote:

Anyone have any idea about an invite/acceptance ratio? Is it about 50/50 here too?

At the interview day, the adcom mentioned that they interview 20-25% of applicants, which would mean they let in 50-65% of applicants (based on 13% acceptance rate, which is latest i could find online).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
andy3590 wrote:
TheLostOne wrote:

At the interview day, the adcom mentioned that they interview 20-25% of applicants, which would mean they let in 50-65% of applicants (based on 13% acceptance rate, which is latest i could find online).

This is great news! Thanks for sharing and hope your interview went well!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.79
Send PM
andy3590 wrote:
TheLostOne wrote:

Wow! That's awesome!! I think you just made my day :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19  ...  39   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts