Last visit was: 08 Jun 2024, 22:09 It is currently 08 Jun 2024, 22:09
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [6]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
WE:Operations (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 633 [0]
Given Kudos: 98
Send PM
Re: Getting into ISB from an ISB and INSEAD admit [#permalink]
ajain1234 wrote:
ersheet wrote:
Hey Apoorva,

Congratulations on getting through all those schools. Could you please share a brief about your profile.

Thanks,
ersheet

Hey Ersheet,

I am a renewable energy professional with a social sector background. I run a NGO for underprivileged children which has been awarded by UNESCO and European Union. I represent India at EU Youth Forum and I am consultant with SAARC on Youth Engagement and Strategy. I am engineer by my under-graduation and have pursued a postgrad from University of Pennsylvania (with 100% scholarship). Hope this helps. :-)

With a profile like that :shock: , i wonder why were you rejected the first time. Its a good mix.
Was it the score or anything else that you improved on your 2nd round of application
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Send PM
Nightfury14 wrote:
ajain1234 wrote:
ersheet wrote:
Hey Apoorva,

Congratulations on getting through all those schools. Could you please share a brief about your profile.

Thanks,
ersheet

Hey Ersheet,

I am a renewable energy professional with a social sector background. I run a NGO for underprivileged children which has been awarded by UNESCO and European Union. I represent India at EU Youth Forum and I am consultant with SAARC on Youth Engagement and Strategy. I am engineer by my under-graduation and have pursued a postgrad from University of Pennsylvania (with 100% scholarship). Hope this helps. :-)

With a profile like that :shock: , i wonder why were you rejected the first time. Its a good mix.
Was it the score or anything else that you improved on your 2nd round of application

Hey Ersheet,
I had a low GMAT earlier which I improved the 2nd time (still was below 700).
Additionally, the biggest improvement was my choice of recommenders, quality of my applications and the elevator pitch which I created after doing my due diligence.
The right approach to entire application helped me gain those admits.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 633 [0]
Given Kudos: 98
Send PM
Quote:
Hey Ersheet,
Additionally, the biggest improvement was my choice of recommenders, quality of my applications and the elevator pitch which I created after doing my due diligence.

Hey, its nightfury not ersheet ..
And moreover, forgot to congratulate in the previous msg. :-D . All the best.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Nightfury14 wrote:
Quote:
Hey Ersheet,

Hey, its nightfury not ersheet ..
And moreover, forgot to congratulate in the previous msg. :-D . All the best.

Hi Nightfury,

Sorry for the error.
Thanks for the kind wishes. Wish you the same as well.
Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: ISB '17
Send PM
Hey Apoorva,

Could you give me some guidance regarding ISB application.I already mailed you my concerns in mail to you (adbitm.1313@gmail.com)
Please take out some time and reply back.Your experience will be really helpful to me.

Thanks,
Amandeep
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have received over hundred responses from people looking for my inputs on my journey. I have been able to respond to a few and some have been missed.
I am available for a consultation at apoorvaj2712@gmail.com
With new FT rankings and changing global scenarios, I am looking forward to help other applicants.

So, all the guys, hang in there! All the best

Regards
Apoorva

ajain1234 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am sure all of you are anxious, busy and tensed while preparing for ISB's MBA application. These MBA applications are a good way to analyse one's strengths and weaknesses. It is a tough yet interesting time for each one of you which one will cherish throughout your lifetime once you reach the destination.

I started my journey on this path 2 years back; in the first year I received 100% rejections from 6 business schools and this year I have received 5 admits including 2 from top 5 business schools, 2 Ivy-leagues with scholarships and 1 from ISB. I was interviewed by 8 business schools this year including Harvard, Stanford, INSEAD and ISB.

I write to encourage all of you to not lose hope and be hopeful in this journey. I will be happy to help anyone who needs help in this process. I can be reached apoorvaj2712 (at) gmail(.)com

I look forward to interacting with interesting people here and getting to know an awesome bunch of you all.

Best wishes to all of you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 4
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile and suggest schools(Preferably 1 Year MBA).

Ethnicity: Indian
10th, 86%: Kendriya Vidyalaya, Jammu 2004
12th, 80%: Kendriya Vidyalaya, Jammu PCMB, 2006
B.Tech, 74%: NIT Srinagar, ECE, 2010
GMAT: 720(50/38), IR:5, AWA:6, July 13, 2017

Professional:

Ericsson India Global Services Pvt. Ltd, Dec-2010 to June-2011 as Service Engineer.

Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited( A Govt. Of India Enterprise) June-2011 to Present(6+ years of experience) Assistant Manager in Engineering & Projects department. Handled & executed worth INR 1.43Bn of Terminal Automation System projects for HPCL at its Depots & Terminals all across India.

This is a brief introduction about my profile.

Request you to evaluate my profile and suggest schools.

Regards
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 195 [0]
Given Kudos: 277
ajain1234 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am sure all of you are anxious, busy and tensed while preparing for ISB's MBA application. These MBA applications are a good way to analyse one's strengths and weaknesses. It is a tough yet interesting time for each one of you which one will cherish throughout your lifetime once you reach the destination.

I started my journey on this path 2 years back; in the first year I received 100% rejections from 6 business schools and this year I have received 5 admits including 2 from top 5 business schools, 2 Ivy-leagues with scholarships and 1 from ISB. I was interviewed by 8 business schools this year including Harvard, Stanford, INSEAD and ISB.

I write to encourage all of you to not lose hope and be hopeful in this journey. I will be happy to help anyone who needs help in this process. I can be reached apoorvaj2712 (at) gmail(.)com

I look forward to interacting with interesting people here and getting to know an awesome bunch of you all.

Congrats on getting selected in your dream schools. :-D

Which school will you select now out of all the admits you got? It would be great if you could share your interview experience with all the schools that interviewed you.
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello sakshamch,

The good news is that with your GMAT score and work experience, you hold a good chance of getting through some fine MBA programs :)
That said, your query does not provide us information specific to your career goals, as well as the geography you are looking to target.
Therefore, we would like to take this opportunity to offer you a free profile evaluation. Should you be interested in the same, please feel free to reach out to us ☺

All the best with everything ☺
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys,

I am getting a lot of questions on my journey and personal evaluation.
Happy to help most of you. Please reach out to me on personal email at apoorvaj2712[@]gmail[.]com.

Best,
Apoorva

Shiv2016 wrote:
ajain1234 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Congrats on getting selected in your dream schools. :-D

Which school will you select now out of all the admits you got? It would be great if you could share your interview experience with all the schools that interviewed you.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73532 [0]
Given Kudos: 19084
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived ISB Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our ISB Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated ISB Forum for all fresh things related to the ISB MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6957 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts