Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 02:03 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 02:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.87
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2017 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
does anyone know if it is possible to ask for early decision?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2017 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Hi iccotdis

Thanks for you reply. Fingers crossed for this week.

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
iccotdis wrote:
Jonas84 wrote:
Hi iccotdis

Thank you very much for the stats, really appreciated. I collated the data you provide before with the new one and the results are below. Apparently there are a couple of rejections. Is that possible or maybe there is another explanation.

Cheers

Hi Jonas84, I checked the two data sets and indeed there are these differences. I deliberately didn't pull the names from MBAConnect, so it would be impossible now to figure out who is missing. I have also checked the dual/triple citizenships and these don't account for the discrepancies. I think some R1 admits would have pulled out. R2 deadline was today, so there might be some more rejections.

iccotdis - Could you please post the total now? and the number of Indians? Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
nigushto wrote:

iccotdis - Could you please post the total now? and the number of Indians? Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

There you go nigushto

Total now : 404, which is down from 408 on the 5th of Aug. There have been few changes in the numbers. You can do a quick analysis to figure out the differences. I dont think the number of Indians has changed though.

(Citizenship) (# on 10-Aug)
Indian 61
Chinese 33
American 32
Lebanese 23
Brazilian 20
Canadian 18
German 15
Spanish 15
French 14
Russian 12
Italian 12
Australian 12
Singaporean 9
British 9
Portuguese 8
Turkish 8
South African 7
Korean 7
Moroccan 6
Pakistani 6
Indonesian 6
Japanese 5
Dutch 5
Philippine 4
Greek 4
Swiss 4
Czech 3
Venezuelan 3
Malaysian 2
Taiwanese 2
Peruvian 2
Cypriot 2
Egyptian 2
Lithuanian 2
Vietnamese 2
Polish 2
Bangladeshi 2
Chilean 2
Nigerian 2
Iraqi 1
Bulgarian 1
Nepalese 1
Guatemalan 1
Israeli 1
Slovak 1
Uruguayan 1
Belgian 1
Bruneian 1
New Zealander 1
Croat 1
Romanian 1
Georgian 1
Mexican 1
Argentine 1
Trinidad and Tobago 1
Belarusian 1
Algerian 1
Ukrainian 1
Moldovan 1
Thai 1
Grand Total 404
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: IE (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
iccotdis wrote:
nigushto wrote:

Cheers!

There you go nigushto

Total now : 404, which is down from 408 on the 5th of Aug. There have been few changes in the numbers. You can do a quick analysis to figure out the differences. I dont think the number of Indians has changed though.

(Citizenship) (# on 10-Aug)
Indian 61
Chinese 33
American 32
Lebanese 23
Brazilian 20
Canadian 18
German 15
Spanish 15
French 14
Russian 12
Italian 12
Australian 12
Singaporean 9
British 9
Portuguese 8
Turkish 8
South African 7
Korean 7
Moroccan 6
Pakistani 6
Indonesian 6
Japanese 5
Dutch 5
Philippine 4
Greek 4
Swiss 4
Czech 3
Venezuelan 3
Malaysian 2
Taiwanese 2
Peruvian 2
Cypriot 2
Egyptian 2
Lithuanian 2
Vietnamese 2
Polish 2
Bangladeshi 2
Chilean 2
Nigerian 2
Iraqi 1
Bulgarian 1
Nepalese 1
Guatemalan 1
Israeli 1
Slovak 1
Uruguayan 1
Belgian 1
Bruneian 1
New Zealander 1
Croat 1
Romanian 1
Georgian 1
Mexican 1
Argentine 1
Trinidad and Tobago 1
Belarusian 1
Algerian 1
Ukrainian 1
Moldovan 1
Thai 1
Grand Total 404

Thanks man.

Still 61 Indian :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V35
GPA: 3.7
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi anyone has idea why there can be 61 people of one nationality by just R2?
I was under impression that one nationality cannot go beyond 12%. This means that no more Indian in R3/R4? How unfair for those Indians who are applying in R3/R4!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
stanli wrote:
I was under impression that one nationality cannot go beyond 12%. This means that no more Indian in R3/R4? How unfair for those Indians who are applying in R3/R4!

I am not sure. I was under the impression that one nationality cannot go beyond 10%.

I guess it depends on the number of applicants from the region.
Also, Many accepted students take-up other offers and INSEAD takes that into account.

And yes this is very very unfair.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
stanli wrote:

I am an R3 applicant from India and this figure is scary. Is there a possibility that a few of those have dual nationality or are there Indians with dual nationalities other than these 61? Can someone with access to MBA Connect post the number of Indians from last couple of batches?

I would be very disappointed if I was refused a seat just because I did not apply in R1/2 as I was switching countries and I hope that won't be the case. Fingers crossed! :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
is ~400 the total number of candidates who have accepted the offer? what's the total number of headcount for the intake and how much offers left for R3 and R4? is the current trend in-line with historical trend?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nigushto wrote:
stanli wrote:

I am an R3 applicant from India and this figure is scary. Is there a possibility that a few of those have dual nationality or are there Indians with dual nationalities other than these 61? Can someone with access to MBA Connect post the number of Indians from last couple of batches?

I would be very disappointed if I was refused a seat just because I did not apply in R1/2 as I was switching countries and I hope that won't be the case. Fingers crossed! :)

I am having similar thoughts man..... it would be a damn shame ... indeed.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
EMLY16 wrote:
is ~400 the total number of candidates who have accepted the offer? what's the total number of headcount for the intake and how much offers left for R3 and R4? is the current trend in-line with historical trend?

From what i have understood.

this number 404 is total offers made. Not those who have accepted offers.

we can expect about 100 more offers.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thanks, how come so much more offers for R1/R2 then R3/R4? I understand R4 should be less, but seems limited offers for R3 too???
Manager
Manager
Send PM
EMLY16 wrote:
thanks, how come so much more offers for R1/R2 then R3/R4? I understand R4 should be less, but seems limited offers for R3 too???

I had read somewhere. Don't remember or find that article now. It said that:
- INSEAD makes offers based on the number of applicants they get and they keep trends and statistics from previous admissions.
- So even before starting to review the application they have a target in mind (which we don't know) for example 45% R1, 30% R2, 15% R3 and rest 10% in R4.

The total number of students is also not fixed. sept 2016 intake has 490. total 2014-15 graduates (both intake) were 1003.
- Also for past many years, not all offered seats were accepted. this year it won't be same. with INSEAD reaching the rank #1 and all. probably they didn't anticipate that.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi guys, don't read too much into the data please. This is the biggest problem with any data analysis - not knowing what the assumptions are and consequently, drawing wrong conclusions.

I am sure INSEAD Admission team members are experts in managing the # of intakes from each country that they admit. None of us will ever know what they have estimated and the assumptions they have made. I am also sure they have taken into account the #1 ranking this year and I am quite confident that R3/R4 candidates would not be at any disadvantage.

As prabhakar mentioned, this list represents the number of people who have been offered a place, not necessarily the number who have accepted. So, this will change a lot over the coming months.

As far as Indians are concerned, the trend is as follows: {(16J 58),(16D 60),(17J 47),(17D 61)}. The total number of places offered varies a lot as well : {(16J 561),(16D 529),(17J 527)} NOTE: the numbers for previous intakes are from the final data available in Connect. There are no data for intakes before 16J.

The only thing I can say at this stage is put a very strong application, keep your fingers crossed, prepare for the interview, relax and stay away from the forums. :) We all know how frustrating this entire process is.

Also, I have realised that posting such stats causes a lot of confusion and anxiety. I will post another list after the R3 results are out in Sept. In the meantime, if you need any stats, I will suggest you PM me and I will try to reply as soon as possible.

Fingers crossed for all of you and hopefully we will all get to meet soon. I am starting in Fonty, btw.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
iccotdis wrote:
Hi guys, don't read too much into the data please. This is the biggest problem with any data analysis - not knowing what the assumptions are and consequently, drawing wrong conclusions.

I am sure INSEAD Admission team members are experts in managing the # of intakes from each country that they admit. None of us will ever know what they have estimated and the assumptions they have made. I am also sure they have taken into account the #1 ranking this year and I am quite confident that R3/R4 candidates would not be at any disadvantage.

As prabhakar mentioned, this list represents the number of people who have been offered a place, not necessarily the number who have accepted. So, this will change a lot over the coming months.

As far as Indians are concerned, the trend is as follows: {(16J 58),(16D 60),(17J 47),(17D 61)}. The total number of places offered varies a lot as well : {(16J 561),(16D 529),(17J 527)} NOTE: the numbers for previous intakes are from the final data available in Connect. There are no data for intakes before 16J.

The only thing I can say at this stage is put a very strong application, keep your fingers crossed, prepare for the interview, relax and stay away from the forums. :) We all know how frustrating this entire process is.

Also, I have realised that posting such stats causes a lot of confusion and anxiety. I will post another list after the R3 results are out in Sept. In the meantime, if you need any stats, I will suggest you PM me and I will try to reply as soon as possible.

Fingers crossed for all of you and hopefully we will all get to meet soon. I am starting in Fonty, btw.

Thanks mate! Really appreciate the help and I totally agree with what you said. I am already done with my interviews so I have called in all my shots. Now is the time to look ahead and be prepared for both outcomes. I have a preference for Fonty too so hopefully, we will meet. soon :)

Cheers!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Everyone

There was some movement from 5th of Aug to the 10th of August have a look.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Jonas84 wrote:
Hi Everyone

There was some movement from 5th of Aug to the 10th of August have a look.

Hi,

I'm way too late to join this discussion. I applied in the last 2 days of R4 (26th July). My GMAT is 710 with total 10 yrs of experience, last 6 years in the consumer goods industry. Going by the high number of offers that have been already made to Indian applicants, I guess I should not keep any hope of getting an interview call :(

Do they atleast inform the candidate about whether application has been shortlisted for interview or should I just wait till the deadline to hear from them? No response from them means no interview call is what I assume.

Pls help as the wait is killing :(

Rgds
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  37   38   39   40   41   42   43  ...  49   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts