Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 05:32 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 05:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V35
GPA: 3.7
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: General Management
Schools: NTU '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: IE (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
prabhakar09 wrote:
mbaexpress wrote:
Hi everyone :)

Hope everybody's application is going well!!

I am really interested in INSEAD and am planning on applying in R1. I work for a multinational and my international experience is limited to remotely working with international teams for almost 1.5 years and traveling to 2 countries for a week each.

Would this suffice as international experience? Or does it refer only to studying/working abroad?

All the best to everyone! :)

Looks good. In terms of International exposure, I think you can turn and showcase the learnings from the 1.5 years collaboration. and also include the trips.

But there are more to the application than just that. So make a strong application. and hope for the best.

Hi Prabhakar

Thank you so much for your opinion! You're absolutely right..there is more to the application than any one component :)

Btw..are the video essays supposed to be done on the spot like Rotman's or recorded separately and submitted after preparation like IE's? Anybody here done with the video component?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V27
GMAT 2: 680 Q46 V38
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Hi everybody. Does anyone knows how the video interview works? I'm really worried about this.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hugoba wrote:
Hi everybody. Does anyone knows how the video interview works? I'm really worried about this.
@

This video Interview is a new addition to the process. Not much is known about it. Anything I can say would be basically a guess.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FROM Insead Admissions Blog: Road to INSEAD
It was a year ago when I first bought my GMAT book and it is hard to believe now that school is starting in less than a week.  Time sure flies! I know that there are many incredible MBA programs... Continue Reading →
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Good post! Agnes. I can totally relate to the story .
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
Hello Everyone,

I need a profile evaluation for INSEAD Sept 2017 intake.

Indian - Female
Engineer from NIT (Non IIT), CGPI 7.6/10
Acads - 90% till the 12th Standard

Work Ex-
11 months- worked on a family business after my fathers demise and revived the debt ridden business in the 11 month stint ( Later it was reduced in size because I wanted to join the corporate sector )
4 years 6 months - as a decision scientist and later as a consultant with a top 10 consulting firm -1 promotion and 1 switch
International Work Ex- Worked to devise and implement the healthcare plan for a country (MENA region). Implementation, policy design etc for 10 months
3 Awards at the job
GMAT -690, retaking in the next 2 weeks

Please let me know my chances of admit. INSEAD is my target school , thus would also like to know the GMAT score that maximizes my chances of admit.

TIA :-D

Regards,
Soopergirl
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [1]
Send PM
Bookmarks
Soopergirl wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Indian - Female

Work Ex-
11 months- worked on a family business after my fathers demise and revived the debt ridden business in the 11 month stint ( Later it was reduced in size because I wanted to join the corporate sector )
4 years 6 months - as a decision scientist and later as a consultant with a top 10 consulting firm -1 promotion and 1 switch
International Work Ex- Worked to devise and implement the healthcare plan for a country (MENA region). Implementation, policy design etc for 10 months
3 Awards at the job

Please let me know my chances of admit. INSEAD is my target school , thus would also like to know the GMAT score that maximizes my chances of admit.

Regards,
Soopergirl

Hello Soopergirl,

Your acads looks good. IITs are not really that big deal for Non-Indians.

Work ex: nice. entrepreneurship. And good experience in consulting. No of years also good. And some decent amount of other culture experience.

Gmat: also close to average. If you can hit 700-710, you would be golden.

You have a good chance of making it there. All the best.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Send PM
FROM Insead Admissions Blog: A Peak in to the post-INSEAD Future
And we have lift-off! Canary Wharf’s sky-scrapers shrink to miniature and the City’s maze disappears behind the clouds. Just 6,500 miles and 16 hours to go. It was 5 months ago, as I was making my way through the human... Continue Reading →
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Send PM
prabhakar09 wrote:
Soopergirl wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Indian - Female

Work Ex-
3 Awards at the job

Regards,
Soopergirl

Hello Soopergirl,

Work ex: nice. entrepreneurship. And good experience in consulting. No of years also good. And some decent amount of other culture experience.

Thanks prabhakar09 :-D

Really gives a boost ! I was pretty scared though because being an Indian , I thought there are no chances of making a cut without a 760 (though that still will be a target) .
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello Everyone,

I am fully aware of the analysis shared on this thread, but just to be sure, what is the best round to apply for scholarships. The acceptance rates in the analysis on this post are high for R2 and R3 but I want to maximize my chances of a scholarship if I get in.

Also, what are the chances of getting a scholarship being an Indian Female?

TIA

:-D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Soopergirl wrote:
prabhakar09 wrote:
Soopergirl wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Indian - Female

Work Ex-
3 Awards at the job

Regards,
Soopergirl

Hello Soopergirl,

Thanks prabhakar09 :-D

Really gives a boost ! I was pretty scared though because being an Indian , I thought there are no chances of making a cut without a 760 (though that still will be a target) .

Better score definitely helps. But that's not the only decision point. the resume and essays and so on.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Soopergirl wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I am fully aware of the analysis shared on this thread, but just to be sure, what is the best round to apply for scholarships. The acceptance rates in the analysis on this post are high for R2 and R3 but I want to maximize my chances of a scholarship if I get in.

Also, what are the chances of getting a scholarship being an Indian Female?

TIA

:-D

R1 gives the best chances for scholarships. don't read too much into the stats here. make the application as soon as you are ready.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello everybody!

How important is the age factor for INSEAD? By the time the program starts next year, I will be 24 with 4+ years of work experience. Looking at the class stats on the website, roughly 4% are below 26 years of age BUT 36% fall in the bracket of 3-5 years of work exp.

I am slightly apprehensive about applying since I fall on the lower side of the age spectrum but have a good number of years as work ex! Should I consider applying this year? Any advice please...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
Send PM
Kudos
mbaexpress wrote:
Hello everybody!

How important is the age factor for INSEAD? By the time the program starts next year, I will be 24 with 4+ years of work experience. Looking at the class stats on the website, roughly 4% are below 26 years of age BUT 36% fall in the bracket of 3-5 years of work exp.

I am slightly apprehensive about applying since I fall on the lower side of the age spectrum but have a good number of years as work ex! Should I consider applying this year? Any advice please...

one of my fav people in my class is 23; as long as you're interesting and can convey some semblance of maturity in your app, you'll be fine
Intern
Intern
Send PM
babushka84 wrote:
mbaexpress wrote:
Hello everybody!

one of my fav people in my class is 23; as long as you're interesting and can convey some semblance of maturity in your app, you'll be fine

Thank you so much for the reassurance babushka84 :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi

Looking for a basic evaluation of my profile , planning for sep 17 / jan 18 intake

Indian - Male - TURN 27 in jan17
GMAT = 700 ( given 3 years back )
engineer - mech - 2011 ( Manipal UNIV )

Experience - total 60 months so far

Director and chief executive - food startup - 11 months
achievements - secured angel funding but unable to continue now due to certain problems - investor will back me up in recos ; end to end management of company - brought down debts and increased revenues tremendously
co founder - recruitment startup -9 months
Had to shut it down because of cofounder problems

40 months project management work experience with an indian automotive giant in sourcing including 3 month stint in usa with tech partners

extras - part time spanish teacher ; businesss idea related achievements in corporate

Thanks !
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ankit1090 wrote:
Hi

Looking for a basic evaluation of my profile , planning for sep 17 / jan 18 intake

Indian - Male - TURN 27 in jan17
GMAT = 700 ( given 3 years back )
engineer - mech - 2011 ( Manipal UNIV )

Experience - total 60 months so far

Director and chief executive - food startup - 11 months
achievements - secured angel funding but unable to continue now due to certain problems - investor will back me up in recos ; end to end management of company - brought down debts and increased revenues tremendously
co founder - recruitment startup -9 months
Had to shut it down because of cofounder problems

40 months project management work experience with an indian automotive giant in sourcing including 3 month stint in usa with tech partners

extras - part time spanish teacher ; businesss idea related achievements in corporate

Thanks !

Your profile looks awesome. enough and meaningful experience. Good enough GMAT.

Make a strong application and you should be fine.

one observation. you have entrepreneurship experience. Spanish language. Look for Spanish schools also (if you are not already looking).
All the best.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  56   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts