Last visit was: 05 Jun 2024, 01:52 It is currently 05 Jun 2024, 01:52
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 326 [0]
Given Kudos: 72
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
WE:Real Estate (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.63
WE:General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Icecream87 wrote:
Hey guys,
Anybody attending the in-house event at Fonty this friday?

Hi everybody, didn't heard about it and there is nothing on website insead.edu/events.
do you have any additionnal informations ?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
pierre75020 wrote:
Icecream87 wrote:
Hey guys,
Anybody attending the in-house event at Fonty this friday?

Hi everybody, didn't heard about it and there is nothing on website insead.edu/events.
do you have any additionnal informations ?

Et voilà. I don't know if you can still register now for tomorrow. Let me know
https://www.insead.edu/master-programme ... s/in-house
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks icecream87, unfortunatly it will be a little to late for me. I may go to the one in october. if you have any feedback about the event after tomorrow, please keep inform :-)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
pierre75020 wrote:
Thanks icecream87, unfortunatly it will be a little to late for me. I may go to the one in october. if you have any feedback about the event after tomorrow, please keep inform :-)

you are welcome Pierre, and will do :). Have you applied in R1? and if yes, done your Kira video already? :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I applied yesterday for R1, and i plan to do the video this weekend. what about you ? (i am still looking everywhere to have an idea of the questions...)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
same here, I will be doing the video this weekend too. You have a two question practice session that gives you an idea of the questions asked. I got one on success and another on non-verbal cues.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 326 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
For those interested I did the In house event at Fonty. We were almost 150 prospective students, more that 40 different nationalities, of which 6 who just applied in R1. What was great, was to meet with Admission's manager, Ms Hanny, and to just say, "Hi, its me, I just applied, remember my face :)". She is very nice and with such a bright personnality.

Otherwise, classic: campus tour (Second time at Insead for me), information session, a master class on Psychology of power, which was really cool. The professor is great and funny. A presentation on the career side, then on admissions criteria, a panel discussion with students and finally a cocktail where we got to ask all our questions to students and admissions manager.

One of the big changes is obviously the Kira video that now removes the 105 limit on the TOEFL, for those concerned.
Cheers
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FROM Insead Admissions Blog: Beauty
5th January, 2016… Arrival at 42, Rue de France, Fontainebleau As Cyl’s Renault Megane rolls off into the resilient winter dawn, I feel a sour mix of gratitude and despair. His job is done and very effectively so. The cab... Continue Reading →
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hello people.. Request all who have applied to R1 Sep 2017 intake to share their experience of video interviews
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everybody !
Regarding the video interview. I did mine yesterday.
Basically it is the same kind of things asked for TOEFL.
You have 4 questions and for each of them, 45 seconds of preparation and 1 minute to answer.
My question were (in don’t remember the exact wording):
- What are you expecting to learn during INSEAD MBA?
- How your colleagues would describe you leadership style? give an example
- How would you fight stereotypes in a work environment?
- You are starting a new project with team members coming from different cultures and educational background. How would you make them meet?
It is quite difficult to answer in one minute to those question but I thinks that the purpose is more to assess your English level and your behavior in front of the camera than your philosophical reflection about such complex subject as fighting stereotypes (at least I hope, because I have to admit that I did not say things particularly interesting in one minute).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
I agree with Pierre I think these questions are about showing your ability to express in english and for them to get a generl sense of your confidence and clearity of thought.
I think a good way to prepare is using old interview questions or available old questions from Kellog or Yale.
Good Luck Everyone.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Agreed! I got the leadership question as well, along with another on international experience, helping others, and a why Insead question. The format is indeed close to the toefl. But unlike the former you need to present a well thought answer as well. And for some questions, a 45sec preparation time can be quite short. So just train on random questions from the other schools as Paisa said, smile and look at the camera (this was the hardest part for me).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Hello guys. Yes, I second (or third..) that :). Some questions do require elaborate examples for corroboration - that is when one feels that 60 seconds is a bit tight. So probably it is more to gauge fluency and spontaneity more than anything else. Best wishes to all.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
WE:Project Management (Consulting)
Send PM
I got the following questions in video interview-
1. What do you do when someone comes to you with a problem?
2. What was the most interesting project you have worked on? Why was it interesting to you?
3.What does diversity mean to you?
4. How do you keep track of your vision? Or that of your company?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Hi All,

I submitted yesterday my video interview. It was indeed a little odd. I received an email from my coordinator saying that interview invites will roll over until Oct 21st, at which point you would know if you are dropped.Wish you all the best!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Send PM
Awesome! I completed the video interviews as well. Had a question about entrepreneurship, culture shock, how I manage teams and what I would like to learn at INSEAD.

Question on the interview notification: e-mail said that October 21st is the latest you will hear from them, does that mean they will be sending out staggered invites over the course of the next 3 weeks or are there specific days I should be checking my email?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
I had the exact same query regarding the decision email.. Not sure if it will be staggered.

Sent from my SM-N910G using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6  ...  56   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6954 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts