Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 05:08 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 05:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: IMD '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
WE:Brand Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Schools: IE (A)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: INSEAD January 2017 Waitlist!! [#permalink]
zapiekanka wrote:
Don't be bummed out - Just reapply for the next intake if your heart's set on INSEAD. I didn't even get an interview invite last time (bad GMAT, mediocre essays); was just admitted with nearly 30% off tuition. (I didn't use an admissions consultant, I just spent more than 10 minutes on each essay.)

I'm one of the WL candidates from R4 :cry:

I think R4 is too late to even expect a conversion. But was just wondering, is it possible to request Adcom to defer admission to Sep 2017 intake?

Or should I start a fresh application for Sep '17 intake without waiting for the result on this one?

:| :|
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools: IMD '17 (M)
WE:Brand Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
tarang10 wrote:
zapiekanka wrote:
Don't be bummed out - Just reapply for the next intake if your heart's set on INSEAD. I didn't even get an interview invite last time (bad GMAT, mediocre essays); was just admitted with nearly 30% off tuition. (I didn't use an admissions consultant, I just spent more than 10 minutes on each essay.)

I think R4 is too late to even expect a conversion. But was just wondering, is it possible to request Adcom to defer admission to Sep 2017 intake?

Or should I start a fresh application for Sep '17 intake without waiting for the result on this one?

I don't think that's how it works. First of all, you can only defer your admission if, and only if, Adcom offered you a seat in the first place.
Secondly, INSEAD normally do not encourage applicants to reapply unless they tell you to do so.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
tarang10 wrote:
zapiekanka wrote:

Hello tarang,
I had the same questions as you so I called my AO.

She insisted that we are not rejected candidate (yet). There will be a continuous review until begining of december.
We can receive anytime a final rejection letter or an admission call until then.

If you want to apply to new program, you have to resign from WL.
Insead discourage rejected candidate to reapply, but we are not rejected candidates for the moment.
If there is still no place avalaible in december, INSEAD sometimes offers a place for september session to some candidates on the WL.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
They "officially" don't encourage reapplicants because many people are insane and keep doing the same thing over and over again hoping for a different outcome. If you were rejected before interviews or waitlisted and eventually rejected, you can absolutely improve your profile (higher GMAT, interesting work experience) and reapply and be admitted.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
tarang10 wrote:
zapiekanka wrote:

If you really want to attend INSEAD - don't reapply for the next intake (how would you have improved your profile so quickly) but for the 18D intake. Take on new responsibilities at work (and get new recommenders), do something super amazing after work (find a recommender there), maybe even retake the GMAT (but there are Indians with sub700 scores in the class). They want to see how you changed your profile, why you're still in love with INSEAD (visit the campus!!!), and the reapplication must be way better than the original application.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Alphonse089172 wrote:
tarang10 wrote:
zapiekanka wrote:

Hello tarang,
I had the same questions as you so I called my AO.

She insisted that we are not rejected candidate (yet). There will be a continuous review until begining of december.
We can receive anytime a final rejection letter or an admission call until then.

If you want to apply to new program, you have to resign from WL.
Insead discourage rejected candidate to reapply, but we are not rejected candidates for the moment.
If there is still no place avalaible in december, INSEAD sometimes offers a place for september session to some candidates on the WL.

Hi Alphonse,

Thanks a lot for your comment on this. Just reading that we are not rejected yet gives me some hope :)

Anyway, I have not yet written to the AO yet and wondering whether I should write or not. My major worry is that, being in India, I would need atleast a month's time to wrap up everything and reach there, so that makes a little tricky. Plus I have been interviewed at a couple of places for a new job and not sure whether I should take it up. So lot of questions on my mind and I'm sure everyone else on the WL is facing the same ambiguity.

I think I will wait till about November 15 before deciding to withdraw the application if there is no confirmation.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
zapiekanka wrote:
tarang10 wrote:
zapiekanka wrote:

If you really want to attend INSEAD - don't reapply for the next intake (how would you have improved your profile so quickly) but for the 18D intake. Take on new responsibilities at work (and get new recommenders), do something super amazing after work (find a recommender there), maybe even retake the GMAT (but there are Indians with sub700 scores in the class). They want to see how you changed your profile, why you're still in love with INSEAD (visit the campus!!!), and the reapplication must be way better than the original application.

Hi Zapiekanka,

Agree with your opinion. I would ideally want to attend a Jan-Dec session too because of the internship option. The reason I'm considering Sep '17 intake is because of the age factor. I will be 34 next Feb :?
That won't help my application either.

But you are right about the fact that nothing much would change in my profile for the Sep application. The only think I can influence is probably attempt a higher GMAT :roll:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
My Application for Jan '17 batch got dinged and now I am officially removed from the waitlist. The mail did not have any reapplication instructions either. It was a standard mail stating that they do not generally encourage reapplications.

I guess its the end of road for me as far as Insead is concerned :(

All the best to all others on the waitlist!

Cheers!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
tarang10 wrote:
My Application for Jan '17 batch got dinged and now I am officially removed from the waitlist. The mail did not have any reapplication instructions either. It was a standard mail stating that they do not generally encourage reapplications.

I guess its the end of road for me as far as Insead is concerned :(

All the best to all others on the waitlist!

Cheers!

Hey Tarang. Too bad. But keep your hopes up. There still many colleges. with one year course. and internship options ... so all the best ... and good luck .
Manager
Manager
Send PM
And good luck all other waitlisted candidate. Keep your hopes up .. and all the best.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
Last week I got removed from the waitlist for Jan 2017 intake, with suggestion to reapply, due to the abnormal number of application received after being ranked FT #1 MBA. By phone they told me that they have also deferred various admitted students to the following intake due to the high volume of applications.
Previosly I applied and I was waitlisted for Sep 2016 intake, then deferred to January. In the meantime, I also applied and got admitted at IE. I also tried to "force" the AO with this info, but eventually I am now enrolling at IE :wave:

Apparently competition is getting harder in all European MBAs. :war
Good luck to the waitlisters.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
goofy29 wrote:
Last week I got removed from the waitlist for Jan 2017 intake, with suggestion to reapply, due to the abnormal number of application received after being ranked FT #1 MBA. By phone they told me that they have also deferred various admitted students to the following intake due to the high volume of applications.
Previosly I applied and I was waitlisted for Sep 2016 intake, then deferred to January. In the meantime, I also applied and got admitted at IE. I also tried to "force" the AO with this info, but eventually I am now enrolling at IE :wave:

Apparently competition is getting harder in all European MBAs. :war
Good luck to the waitlisters.

Good...... Welcome to IE...
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72908 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived INSEAD Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our INSEAD Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated INSEAD Forum for all fresh things related to the INSEAD MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts