Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 21:46 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 21:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.59
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas (Berkeley) Applicants: 2017 Intake (Class of 2019)!! [#permalink]
japco wrote:
milly800 wrote:
Hey, I'm an R2 applicant. Any ideas on when the interview invites go out? I've been just really anxious ever since I hit that submit button.

Oh! This was a nightmare in R1. They worked in a "rolling decision" manner. So if they liked an application they were inviting a person withing a month after your application status changed its status. So some pople got the invitations very soon, some very late. AFAIK some even a week before the decision date! I got mine 12 days before the decision date.

I think they analyse region by region (at least to some extend), saving international candidates for a dessert.

Yikes! I work in a foreign country but I'm an American. I wonder where I will fit, then? I guess I'll be doing the nervous tango for a while then, heehee.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V38
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas (Berkeley) Applicants: 2017 Intake (Class of 2019)!! [#permalink]
milly800 wrote:

Yikes! I work in a foreign country but I'm an American. I wonder where I will fit, then? I guess I'll be doing the nervous tango for a while then, heehee.

The rule of thumb. Wait till you application changes the status to "under review" (all do, do not panic here). And then start to accept an e-mail between 2 weeks to 4 weeks after that date.

Good luck!!! Hopefully see you in August at Berkeley.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Career Management Also Means Knowing When It’s Time to Move On

Are you thinking it might be time for a new job? We've got tips from the MBA career coaches at Berkeley-Haas on managing your career in pursuit of more meaningful work, along with questions to ask yourself—all in our new free ebook.

You've probably heard that timing is everything. And it's true that when it comes to many decisions in life, whether it's to get married, buy a house, get your MBA, or pursue more meaningful work—timing is an important factor.But relying on this old axiom isn't enough when it comes to career management—you've got to dig a little deeper to determine whether the time is right.

Fortunately, you don't have to leave this to a gut feeling; you can ask yourself the right questions, evaluate your current position thoughtfully, or speak with an advisor, like those in the Career Management Group who support Berkeley MBA students. Here are a few tips on deciding if it's time to make your move. 

Ask the Right Questions

To gain some meaningful insight on whether you're happy, challenged, and fulfilled in your current job, it's important to ask yourself pointed questions, like "What do I love most about my job?" and "What do I take the most pride in in my role?" If what you love most about your job is your lunch break, or the occasional free baked goods, it's probably time to consider a change.

Evaluate Your Environment
Take all the ingredients of your office or organization and consider how satisfied you are with them. The important ones, like your boss and your coworkers, should rate high on your satisfaction scale. If the high point of your environment is the office patio, that should be a red flag.

Consider Your Growth
While most people aspire to move up in their companies, it's also important to reflect on the growth you've experienced thus far. Have you been given more responsibility throughout your tenure? Do your current projects challenge you? Have you been able to explore topics that genuinely interest you? Don't stay in a role that's not challenging you, helping you grow, or letting you explore different interests.

Assess What You Like—And What You Don't
This is an important step for a few reasons: assessing what you enjoy about your position will give you something to focus on until you're able to leave, and it will help you depart on a good note. Plus, when you determine what you don't like about your current job, you'll know what you don't want to repeat in a new role.

There are plenty of ways to approach career management effectively, and you can find all of them in the Berkeley MBA free ebook, Finding More Meaningful Work: Five Steps to Making Your Next Move.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Send PM
japco wrote:
milly800 wrote:

The rule of thumb. Wait till you application changes the status to "under review" (all do, do not panic here). And then start to accept an e-mail between 2 weeks to 4 weeks after that date.

Good luck!!! Hopefully see you in August at Berkeley.

Thank you so much! I really miss Berkeley and I would love to be back!
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Student Perspective: Is an MBA or Master's Degree Aligned with my Goals?

As I began thinking about graduate school, I knew I wanted to choose a program that would help me combine my two passions: entrepreneurship and international migration.

These two forces of creative disruption—driven by risk and ingenuity— seem to me to be the clearest and most hopeful forms of human agency. Yet for far too many of the 245 million people on the move today, constraints undermine their ability to secure their own futures. My ambition is to build a company that develops technology and data-driven solutions to help address emerging migration challenges.

Off the beaten path

I started down this path as an undergraduate, when human migration emerged as a common thread through many of my experiences. I worked on a social enterprise to help migrant workers in Thailand remit money home efficiently; researched humanitarian coordination for the internal displacement crisis in Sri Lanka; took classes on international migration policy; and wrote articles about the challenges facing undocumented students on campus. 

However, it was not yet clear that I could turn this growing interest into a career. When I graduated from Stanford in 2012, I decided to move to Sri Lanka to help foster an ecosystem for innovation. I worked to launch a seed accelerator which, backed by Sri Lanka’s largest apparel manufacturer, invested in technology-driven apparel startups. While this work was exciting, I knew that apparel was not my passion.

As strange as it sounds, it was a news aggregation app called Flipboard that made me realize it was time to move on. I noticed that almost every article I bookmarked over the course of a year was about international migration. These were the stories that kept me up at night. The ones I revisited. The ones that made me angry. It was clearly time for me to answer this calling.

MA or MBA?

To make this career transition, I considered many types of graduate programs: MBAs, but also public policy and even a master’s in international migration studies. Ultimately, it was one of my mentors, a professor of political science, who helped me decide. I expected that he would recommend an academic route, but instead, he broke it down to a simple question: Which of these programs gives you something that has no substitute? 

The answer was obvious: Haas. If I pursued a degree that gave me a deeper understanding of international migration trends, I’d miss out on opportunities to work on a solution. I’d miss out on applied innovation classes like Lean Launchpad; working on teams for entrepreneurship competitions; gaining exposure to the tech scene at Berkeley; and being part of a community of doers. Meanwhile, if I came to Haas, I could still gain a deeper understanding migration issues through my own self-study and initiative.

My Haas study team at work.

Unanticipated support

During my first semester at here, I’ve learned more about the latest technological trends and acquired valuable skills through the Technology and Data Science clubs. I’ve built a team to take on the Hult Prize Challengeon Refugees, and we’re now working on a solution to address the information gaps faced by forced migrants.

Lots of programs offer classes on social entrepreneurship, but I see social impact at the core of Haas’s identity: “Beyond Yourself” is one of the school’s four defining principles. I expected to meet other Haasies who had social ambitions that went beyond themselves, but I never anticipated the level of support I’d receive from my peers. For example, one classmate, the president of the Berkeley Entrepreneurs Association, recently asked how the club could support the startup I’m working on. Other classmates have offered to help with valuable leads, introductions, and advice.  

Before coming to Haas, I wondered whether an MBA was the right choice for someone who preferred the unbeaten path. But from my experience pursuing a non-traditional career goal, Haas meets you where you are—at your starting point. I started my MBA with an unusual ambition, and I credit much of my progress this semester to Haas’s unique support.  

You also might like:

Student Perspective: "I Am From Saudi Arabia and I Am a Feminist"

Humans of Haas Podcast: Two MBA Student Love Stories

"Best & Brightest" in Full-time MBA Class of 2016

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Leaders Who Redefine: Adobe CEO and Berkeley MBA Shantanu Narayen

Round Out Tech Skills
He earned a Master’s in Computer Science and holds five patents.

He then earned his graduate business degree at night, while working at Apple and studying  in the part-time MBA program at Berkeley-Haas. "It was clear I needed to round out some of my entrepreneurial genes with a business education," says Shantanu Narayen.

He joined Adobe in 1998, becoming president and COO in 2005 and CEO in 2007. In 2016, he was named one of the world’s best CEOs by Barron’s Magazine.

>He believes that preserving the status quo is not a winning strategy.

Think Outside the Box
With Shantanu Narayen at the helm, Adobe—a name once synonymous with desktop publishing—has become a giant in the world of cloud-based services for content creators and marketers of all stripes.

Under his leadership, the San Jose, Calif.-based company has built a formidable culture of innovation, expanded into new markets, and extended its product portfolio and global reach.

He not only questions the status quo, but believes in surrounding himself with people who are smarter than he is. “It’s about finding people who have that confidence without attitude, team players who will challenge and bring out the best in you as a leader and in each other,” he says.

Scale Your Impact
“To create new businesses and drive growth, you need to have a leader who wakes up wanting to make an impact,” says Shantanu.

At Adobe, he has led by rallying the organization around the mission to: “Empower everyone from emerging artists to global brands--to bring digital creations to life and deliver them to the right person at the right moment.”

More than 90 percent of the world’s creative professionals use Photoshop. Adobe Creative Cloud mobile apps have been downloaded over 150 million times. More than two-thirds of Fortune 50 companies use Adobe Marketing Cloud.

In 2016, the company was named the #1 computer software company on Fortune’s list of the world's most admired companies and made Forbes’ list of world’s most innovative companies.

Leaders who Redefine
Shantanu Narayen saw that merging technical skills with Berkeley MBA business knowledge would prepare him for greater and greater responsibility and better position him to lead innovation.

What will you lead? Find out how our evening and weekend MBA Program could help you get there.

Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Managing Your Career for More Meaningful Work

Like all big decisions in life, making a career change in pursuit of more meaningful work can give you a whole spectrum of feelings—it can make you question your direction, make you nervous about actually taking the leap, or make you feel antsy to finally take the first step.

But what are the right steps in career management? Once you've decided now is the time, how do you approach the conversation with your boss, or set yourself up for success in your search for a new role?

If you're looking for some guidance on effective career management, the career advisors at UC Berkeley’s Haas School of Business can help you navigate the gray area between an old and new position; check out some helpful highlights below from the Berkeley MBA free ebook, Finding More Meaningful Work: Five Steps to Making Your Next Move

1. Reflect on your own skill set and what you have to offer.
Changing careers is a great time for self-reflection. Look ahead at the roles you're interested in—or, perhaps more broadly, the fields you're interested in—to consider how you'll be prepared for that new position. Think about the skills you've gained from the job you're leaving and how they can add value to the one you're pursuing.

2. Decide what's non-negotiable for you in the next position.
People change careers for many reasons—perhaps you're unhappy with your boss or feel stuck in your current role. Whatever your reason, take this time to assess why you're not fulfilled. This will help you also determine what you do want in your new role.

There are plenty of constructive ways to approach career management and start the process of landing your dream job. Find more tips in our free ebook Finding More Meaningful Work: Five Steps Toward Making Your Next Career Move.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
HAAS Application Tips Webinar
Wednesday, January 11, 2017 at 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM (PST)
https://ewmba.haas.berkeley.edu/admissio ... vents.html
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: The Berkeley-Haas Highlights Reel

From our Nobel Prize winners to our Defining Principles and from top-ranked programs to boundary-pushing faculty and pioneering alumni, here is a quick look at Berkeley-Haas highlights (1:51)

Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Ready For An MBA? Why It's Important to apply at the Right Time

You've probably heard people say that there is no magic formula for success; however, there is one component that most successful endeavors have in common: timing. The ability to choose precisely the right moment to act on an idea is essential. 
This fact can be applied to everything from comedy and cooking to entrepreneurial startups and investments. Timing is also important when it comes to your education.

If you are thinking about applying to business school, the timing must be right, as the free Berkeley MBA ebook Five Signs You're Ready for an MBA points out.

MBA program admissions are increasingly competitive. If you apply at the wrong time, your candidacy may not be strong enough to clearly demonstrate what you can contribute to an MBA classroom. That mistake could keep you out of business school.

Applying at the Right Time Makes it Easier to Succeed
There are also investment factors to consider. With tuition costs exceeding $110,000 at top business schools, the financial investment required to earn an MBA is significant. The time investment required to succeed in a rigorous academic program is also extensive, particularly if you hope to successfully balance program requirements with other obligations like work or family.

The point is that it is very easy to focus on the rewards of an MBA program (and there are quite a few),  but applying to a business school such as Berkeley-Haas is a serious decision. Submitting your application at the right time will make it much easier to succeed in the admissions process, in the classroom, and in your post-graduation career.

Is the time right for you? Find out before you apply to business school.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q42 V47
GMAT 2: 730 Q46 V45
GPA: 3.84
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
milly800 wrote:
japco wrote:
milly800 wrote:
Hey, I'm an R2 applicant. Any ideas on when the interview invites go out? I've been just really anxious ever since I hit that submit button.

Oh! This was a nightmare in R1. They worked in a "rolling decision" manner. So if they liked an application they were inviting a person withing a month after your application status changed its status. So some pople got the invitations very soon, some very late. AFAIK some even a week before the decision date! I got mine 12 days before the decision date.

I think they analyse region by region (at least to some extend), saving international candidates for a dessert.

I am also American and living abroad, and it seems they grouped me according to my undergrad education. Admitted students are put in touch with regional ambassadors for their region, and I got a list of people in the same area where I went to school. I really don't know for sure if this is how they review applications, but it seemed like that based on the livewire results.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Part-time MBA Admissions Tips: Put the GMAT/GRE in Perspective

For many applicants to top part-time MBA programs, gearing up to take the GMAT or GRE can be a nerve-wracking part of the admissions process.

We get it—it may have been awhile since you had to sit down and take a 3.5-hour exam, let alone study for one.

Take a deep breath, and let this video message from Berkeley-Haas help you put the GMAT/GRE in perspective.

You might also like our free ebook: Avoiding the GMAT/GRE Blues.

Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Why Networking should be part of your search for more Meaningful Work

Networking is not a numbers game—how many connections you have on LinkedIn or names in your contact list. Algorithms can only take you so far. It is about building productive relationships that deliver mutual value and grow stronger over time.

As Berkeley-Haas students seek out and retool themselves for more meaningful work, the Berkeley MBA Career Management Group coaches them on how to network for the best possible results.

Here are their thoughts on five reasons people network and some tips for doing it right:

1. Learn and explore
Networking opens a window into a new industry. It’s a way to figure out how one company (or one MBA program) differs from another. Good techniques include informational interviews and attending industry events.

2. Circulate your name
Just like the best time to find a new job is while you already have one, the best time to network is when you aren’t under any pressure to network. And, keep circling back to the people you network with. Find ways to refresh your networking relationships.

3. Impress
We don’t mean by overpowering people with your 100-watt smile and sterling resume. People tend to remember someone with whom they’ve made a genuine connection. That connection can come from a shared experience or a well-placed question (and strong attention to the answer).

4. Build contacts
Networking isn’t a series of one-off encounters. One connection builds on another. And remember, the relationship has to be mutually productive. Think about expanding your network by connecting other people. (The whole six degrees of separation thing.) 

5. Plant a seed
This is related to “impress,” but it goes deeper. When you network, you want to give the other person something to think about that will put you “top of mind” when the time is right. That could be an insight on a topic of mutual interest, an article you email later on, or a tip on the best parking spot no one knows about.

One way to to super-charge your network is by pursuing your MBA. Did you know that all three Berkeley MBA Programs share the same strong alumni network?

Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Leaders Who Redefine: Danae Ringelmann, Indiegogo

Change with an MBA
She worked in finance for more than six years, learning about the world, business, and how things worked. Then she wanted to change it.

Challenging the idea that finance, the way it’s always worked was the way it was going to continue to work, was Danae Ringelmann's driving motivation. It was what meaningful work meant to her.

“In order to change the world, I wanted to be in an environment that would allow me to really think big and experiment,” says Danae.

Danae searched for a place that would support her ideas and help them grow into something impactful. One of the Berkeley-HaasDefining Principles, Question the Status Quo, was key to her vision and her decision to pursue her Berkeley MBA.

Start a Revolution
Danae’s for revolutionizing finance and democratizing fundraising, was soon realized when she met her business partner, fellow Berkeley MBA student Eric Schell. Together they founded Indiegogo. One of the first crowdfunding websites in the world. The work had just begun.

Indiegogo launched during the height of the recession and endured difficult times early on—2007 to 2009 was a hard time for startups. For Indiegogo, 92 venture capitalists declined to invest. And for three years the co-founders—Danae, Eric, and Slava Rubin— struggled to make it.

“When the rest of the world was calling us crazy, Haas was there to say, ‘Keep going. Keep iterating. You’re not going to get it right the first time, so keep trying again.’ So we did,” Danae says.

At Haas the support never wavered. From the faculty all the way down to her fellow students. A sizable chunk of classmates even kicked off their own Indiegogo projects.

“Berkeley-Haas’ unconditional support of Eric, Slava, and myself is a testament of the school truly living our values, particularly Question the Status Quo and Beyond Yourself,” Danae remembers.

Unlike current Indiegogo crowdfunding campaigns that can take 1 to 3 months to reach their goal, for a startup like Indiegogo it took four years to finally raise the needed funds.

It wasn’t easy, but finally it happened. Indiegogo moved to revolutionize the finance world.

Success of an MBA
Indiegogo has hosted some 300,000 campaigns in 223 countries and territories and has helped lead current global crowdfunding upward of $34 billion.

Hour of Code, one of the most-funded campaigns, offered free computer-science tutoring to tens of millions of students across the world in 180 countries.

Lighten the Load, a baby sling maker for parents fleeing war and persecution, was 400 percent funded in just two days.

And one empowering stat Danae is especially proud of: 47% of campaigns that exceed their goals on Indiegogo are run by women.

“We’re distributing millions of dollars every week to entrepreneurs and artists and charities across the world,” Danae states.

It’s been a successful revolution, but it continues. The entrepreneurial spirit of its founders still pushes on. Indiegogo has a fee-free personal-cause fundraising platform and most recently they launched an industry-first equity crowdfunding platform where financial investors can now support innovative startups for as little as US $100.

Leaders who Redefine
Danae chose the Full-time Berkeley MBA Program because at Haas, we support big ideas that revolutionize the way business is done. She saw an opportunity to change the financial world ...What will your opportunity to make a revolutionary change be? 

Learn more about the possibilities you'll find with Berkeley-Haas.

Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Tip #2 to Finding More Meaningful Work: Explore

Deciding you're restless at work is one thing. Deciding what to do next? That's quite another.

If you've got that general sense that work could be more fulfilling, but are not quite sure what to do from there, you'll first want to take stock of your values, contemplating what matters most to you and makes your heart sing. 

As you begin identifying the roles and companies that best align with your passions, your next step is to explore. In this highlight from our free ebook, Finding More Meaningful Work: Five Steps Toward Your Next Career Move, we share career management tips on launching your exploration.

"Most importantly," says Berkeley MBA Career Advisor Luke Kreinberg, "Get in front of other people." Luke advises stepping away from email and meeting up with people in person for real-time conversations.

"Talk to people who actually work in your field or position of interest to gain some insight on the reality of their days," says Luke. "Ask questions about what they enjoy and what they don't, and don't be afraid to ask for recommendations for other people to connect with."

Want more insight from the career management professionals at Berkeley-Haas on finding more meaningful work ? Get the ebook.

Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: MBA Student Perspective: A Non-traditional Student Finds Her Voice

I am probably not the typical image that comes to mind when most people think of a business school student. After majoring in art history in college, I saw myself with career trajectory in the nonprofit sector. That led to stints at art museums on two continents, and positions at an opera company and an environmental organization—doing everything from exhibition planning to fundraising. 

Making a leap

I decided to pursue an MBA because I want to become a leader who can employ the best learnings from both the social and private sectors. I needed to gain experience in both sectors, and business school, I decided, would most readily enable me to make that leap from nonprofits.

While factors like career opportunities and location were considerations when comparing MBA programs, I knew I wanted more than these standard measures of business school fit to be part of my calculus. Finding a community that values inclusion and personal connection was of paramount importance to me.

While I was applying to schools, members of the Haas community set themselves apart by framing the value of their experience around interpersonal development and taking steps towards fulfilling life passions. Now that I am part of the Haas community, I can say with even more confidence that these priorities ring true for those whom I have the privilege of calling my classmates.

Even before school started, this focus on community building was evident. A second-year student hosted an evening designed to promote deep conversation through structured activities and facilitation. Classes hadn’t started yet, and here I had the opportunity in a small-group setting to learn about what my classmates are passionate about and why, what they fear, and what experiences had shaped who they are. This example is indicative of an aspect of Haas’ distinctive culture that really matters to me—that is, the willingness of the people in this community to reach below the surface and be open about themselves. 

Setting aside doubt

A key reason why the people at Haas are willing to open up to their classmates is that this is a place that is unbelievably supportive. Time and again, I have found myself encouraging my classmates and being encouraged by them to set aside self-doubt to pursue opportunities. When I first started the school year, I was timid in the classroom, unsure of how to frame my thoughts to contribute to discussions. A couple of my study team members, having noticed this, not only gave me regular pep talks but also helped create space for me to participate. For example, a study team member whispered before we started a discussion that I should be the one to provide a synopsis of the case, and other classmates helped me develop confidence to participate more fully by amplifying and vocally supporting statements I made in class. 

These are just small illustrations of the kinds of people whom Haas attracts and the culture here. This is a place where people clamor to support their classmates at the Coming Out Monologues event, or stand in solidarity with our black classmates who are grieving after a string of police shootings of black men. Haas fosters a community that is less concerned with defining your role based on what job you had and what university you attended, and more interested in understanding the core of who you are and how you will bring up those around you. This is why I am so excited to be here.

Related posts:

MBA Student Perspective: Sharing Haas With a Partner

MBA Student Perspective: Choosing a Graduate Degree to Maximize My Social Impact

MBA Student Perspective: "I Am From Saudi Arabia and I Am a Feminist"

Humans of Haas Podcast: Two MBA Student Love Stories

Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Considering the Best Executive MBA Programs? 7 Reasons to Choose Haas

If you're a highly experienced professional considering pursuing an MBA, chances are you're looking at executive MBA programs, which let you continue working while you study and apply your new learning in real time.

And perhaps you’ve narrowed your search to top EMBA programs. In that case, you may want to learn about ours: From renowned faculty and accomplished classmates to a manageable schedule and attitude-free environment—here are 7 reasons students considering the best executive MBA programs choose Berkeley-Haas

1. A schedule that respects the rest of your life

“The program—from the schedule, to the curriculum, to the student body—is perfectly suited for commuters like me. Flying up every three weeks was the ideal cadence to keep me well-connected to my career and fully immersed in my studies.”—Christine Elfalan

2. Strong values that resonate with all kinds of people

“I learned values as a kid growing up playing sports, and they have stuck with me through my career as a military officer. When I started researching MBA programs, I looked for a school with straightforward and clearly written values. When I came across the Haas Defining Principles, I thought they had nailed it.”—Eric Shanley

3. Confidence Without Attitude

“When I started looking into executive MBA programs, I was 50/50 between a university closer to home in Southern California and the Berkeley MBA for Executives Program. A class visit was all it took to convince me --I felt so welcomed. And once class got started, the quality of the questions being asked, the energetic back-and-forth discussion blew me away.”—Adam Kerin

4. Peers and profs that inspire

“After 15 years in the workplace, I wanted to be in a learning environment where I would be educated by top academics as well as learn from classmates at similar levels in their careers, from an array of industries. I found both in the Berkeley MBA for Executives Program.”—Sally Allain

5. Location, location, location

“Silicon Valley is one of the most amazing places in the world. It’s full of optimists and misfits who want to move the world toward what it should be, rather than settle for what it is. Berkeley-Haas is a key part of this of this community. It was essential that I found an MBA program that embodied the values embedded in Silicon Valley culture.”—Tansy Brook

6. Just what the doctor ordered 

“I looked at other executive MBA programs, even some that are designed for medical practitioners. The Berkeley MBA for Executives gives me a diversity of experience among my classmates that adds depth to our discussions and that is expanding my network in unexpected ways.”—Adam Tibble

As Thomas Grenville sums it up, “The Berkeley MBA for Executives Program is about so much more than skills. It really is the whole package: leadership, connections, collaboration, personal growth.”

Think we might be the whole package for you? Learn more about the program, and find out. 

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19  ...  25   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts