It is currently 21 Nov 2017, 21:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Haas (Berkeley) Applicants: 2017 Intake (Class of 2019)!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Re: Calling all Haas (Berkeley) Applicants: 2017 Intake (Class of 2019)!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2017, 09:13
lectter wrote:
Great thank you all! :)

Hey, I used straker translations and I haven't had any problems! Still you should call Haas. Good luck!

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

GPA: 3.6
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Haas (Berkeley) Applicants: 2017 Intake (Class of 2019)!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2017, 18:10
YAY! Interview came in today :)

So happy!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Conquering Sticker Shock: Insights Into Financing Your EMBA, Part I [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2017, 08:00
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Conquering Sticker Shock: Insights Into Financing Your EMBA, Part I

Anita Ratnathicam admits to a moment of panic when she first saw the tuition fee for the Berkeley MBA for Executives Program. You may be feeling the same thing. But for Anita, director of operations at Good Food Guys, focusing on the ROI turned sticker shock into satisfaction.

Q: What led you to consider an Executive MBA program?

A: I realized that, as much as I had learned on the job, it was time for a more structured business education to take my career forward. At first, I considered the Evening & Weekend MBA Program, but Marjorie DeGraca in Admissions suggested the EMBA. When I think now about how important my cohort has been to my education—their maturity, diverse experiences, and insights—it was clearly the right choice for me.

Q: How did the cost of tuition factor into your decision to apply? What funding options did you consider?

A: It is a big factor, but you should not look at tuition in a vacuum. For me, the EMBA is much more conducive to working while being a student. I found there is little opportunity cost. In fact, it heightens your value to your employer because you bring the lessons learned in class back to the workplace almost immediately.

In addition, the tuition is nearly all-inclusive. The best example is the immersion weeks. We spent a week in Singapore and another in Washington, D.C. doing amazing things, and all we paid for was airfare and some meals.

My family generously helped me pay for the program. Getting a loan from family members is much friendlier than going to a bank. But be careful. Don’t sacrifice good family relationships over this; they are much more important. 

Q: How did you approach your family?

A: I did a lot of research, not just about the program, but about what I wanted to get out of it. I explained the broader context for what my MBA would mean for me and for my family. For example, I’m a trustee of my father’s Vanni Aid Foundation. My newfound knowledge of finance and marketing will help us take that initiative to new levels.

Q: What advice would you give people about financing an EMBA?

A: Take advantage of the financial planning advisory services at Berkeley-Haas. They will help you explore a variety of EMBA financing options. And the ranks of current and former EMBA students can help, too. There is almost certainly someone in circumstances similar to yours who can offer advice.

Once you’re here and have started building what will be lifelong relationships with classmates and faculty, you’ll realize what a good investment this is in your career and yourself as a person.

Get assistance figuring out your options for financing your EMBA by scheduling a consultation with a member of our Admissions staff.  

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.35

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2017, 13:10
When did your application go under review?

deetdeet wrote:

So happy!

Intern
Intern
B

GPA: 3.6
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2017, 19:28
asokg wrote:
When did your application go under review?

deetdeet wrote:

So happy!

1/24! Took a while...

Intern
Intern

Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.8

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2017, 13:13
Does anyone know whether the rumors are true that Haas is expanding its class size by 15% this incoming fall (Fall 2017) due to its new classroom building?

2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 4 [2], given: 6

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2017, 14:13
This post received
KUDOS
Yes that's true. Going up to 280 this year (cohorts 70 people instead of 60). Then depending on comfort, capping at 300 in 2019 (there's an article on poets and quants quoting the Dean).

Kudos [?]: 4 [2], given: 6

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2017, 14:29
I haven't yet seen a status change from "received" to "under review." Anyone else in this boat?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Am I Ready for an MBA if I Don't Have a Business Background? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2017, 16:00
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Am I Ready for an MBA if I Don't Have a Business Background?

Am I ready for an MBA?

It's a question that every potential applicant needs to ask. There are circumstances that could stop you from applying to business school, but one thing that shouldn't hold you back is the fact that you see yourself as a non-traditional business school applicant.

Business schools, and the people who attend them, need and value diverse perspectives. More than 75 percent of the students entering the Full-time Berkeley MBA Program in fall 2016 majored in engineering, natural science, social science and other non-business fields in college.

Students in the Berkeley MBA for Executives and Evening & Weekend MBA Programs are similarly diverse: many have work experience in industries like technology, banking, health services, retail—and everything in between. Berkeley MBA applicants have just one major thing in common: they want to be empowered to have a greater impact on something they care about.

Here are two students who are getting the tools they need to make that impact:

Making Chemistry Work For Humanity
Maxwell Kushner-Lenhoff is a full-time MBA student at Berkeley-Haas. He received a BS/MS in inorganic chemistry through an accelerated four-year program at Yale. His research, in renewable fuels production, was funded by the Department of Energy.

Maxwell applied to Berkeley-Haas with the goal of supplementing his scientific training with the business mainstays that so often make or break a technology's success. The diverse backgrounds of his classmates have helped to enhance his experience.

"The sheer diversity of talent (from philosophy to engineering) and of backgrounds (from Boston to Bangladesh) have broadened my experience by driving me to consider perspectives I've never faced before," says Maxwell. 

From the very beginning of his scientific career, Maxwell has directed his research toward making chemistry work for humanity, and the MBA program is helping him continue on that path.

"Today, just over one year after submitting my essay during round one, I have come into my own at Berkeley, as the Haas Center for Responsible Business Fellow, VP of Development for the Berkeley Energy Resources Collaborative (BERC) and a member of the executive team of LAUNCH, the UC Berkeley Startup Accelerator. I could not be happier with my choice to come here!"

Making a Difference in the Arts
As an undergraduate student, Amelia Kusar majored in classical music performance, playing both the clarinet and the bass clarinet. She interned at Lincoln Center and fell in love with the administrative side of the business. Amelia knew that she didn't want to be a professional musician but that she did want to stay in the arts and make a difference.

She decided as an undergraduate that she wanted to pursue an MBA because of the well-rounded curriculum. "The other thing that really excited me about the thought of getting an MBA was being in a room with people who were different than me, who had completely different experiences, because I could learn from that," says Amelia.

"In the arts, there's really a lot we can learn from for-profit organizations that are different from us. It's something I become more and more convinced of every day as I move through the Evening & Weekend Berkeley MBA program."

For those who think they may be non-traditional MBA applicants, there’s no reason to assume that keeping up with classmates will be too much of a challenge. Non-traditional students make up a large portion of the MBA class.

"When I talk to people from other non-traditional backgrounds, their main concern is, 'I'm not going to be able to hack it in business school, I'm going to be so behind and all of these people are going to be so much smarter than me,' and the long and short of it is that it is absolutely not true," says Amelia.

"I remember being shocked that I was on a level playing field with people in the class. My classmates might be engineers, or they might be in finance, but the subjects that we're learning in business school aren't their specialty either, so we are very much on a level playing field."

An MBA can make you stronger regardless of your background. Find out if you're ready with our free ebook: Five Signs You're Ready for an MBA.

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 74

GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.08

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2017, 18:16
undergradtomba wrote:
I haven't yet seen a status change from "received" to "under review." Anyone else in this boat?

Same boat. Still "received".

Wondering why it took so long.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 74

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Video: From the Wine Industry to an Executive MBA, Opening New Doors [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2017, 09:00
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Video: From the Wine Industry to an Executive MBA, Opening New Doors
Working in the wine industry, Matt Wood decided to pursue an Executive MBA to take his career to the next level.
At Hess Collection Winery in Napa, Matt Wood works in the wine business as Vice President of Operations. “I oversee everything from fruit sourcing and production, to warehousing and logistics, through customer’s order fulfillment,” Matt says.
As an undergraduate,he earned degrees in agricultural business and in wine viticulture at California Polytechnic State University at San Luis Obispo. He then went on to work for 10 years in the wine industry, specializing in manufacturing and supply chain.

In 2014, his interest was sparked when his boss enrolled in the Executive MBA at Berkeley Haas.
“I kind of got to ride along with him, and see what he was able to bring back to our company,” Matt recalls. “Once I saw how impactful the EMBA was for him and his career, I knew it was something that I wanted to pursue for myself.”

For Matt, the most important element in choosing a business school was the culture. When he visited classes at Berkeley, it quickly became  clear that Haas was the right match for his vision.

“The defining values at Haas really spoke to me. They were being lived every day in how the school goes about their business. I knew right away – that really connected with me.”

Now enrolled in the Executive MBA program, Matt most appreciates the exposure and repetition in many different business settings. Working in the safe space of the program, students are encouraged to take on new and diverse business challenges. “With very supportive colleagues and faculty around to you, it fosters a learning environment where you can get the most out of each of the exercises."

At first, he felt cautious, getting to know new classmates and beginning classes in the program. However, it took just a couple of months for him to fully let down his guard and settle into the challenges and opportunities of the EMBA.

“From there, I was in a position where I could be vulnerable," Matt says. "Testing my own capabilities, experimenting with leadership styles, and ultimately walking a path that has made me a better leader today."

In addition to working and attending classes, Matt also committed to keeping his family as a top priority. “The time that you have for everything you do in a normal pace of life starts to diminish,” Matt affirms. “You really have to make prioritization decisions about where you spend your time.”

Marie Wood, his spouse, nods in agreement. "As long as you really communicate with your spouse about what the expectations are – like how much time’s going to be spent on things," Marie says. "The program goes by really fast. There’s so much good that comes out of it, that it’s all worth it in the end."

"It’s definitely been a challenge, but everything that’s come out of it has been really positive," says Matt.

Coming out of the Executive MBA, Matt recognizes that Berkeley Haas has opened additional doors in pursuit of his career goals. On a deeper level, the program has also helped to build his confidence in pursuing those goals.

In the future, Matt looks forward to taking on the challenge of general management of a company. “That’s my ultimate goal, and the program is helping me achieve that… Ownership from top to bottom – with operations, profit and loss accountability,” he says. “Really being a steward of people and process.”

Intern
Intern
B

GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2017, 13:21
yodboy wrote:
undergradtomba wrote:

Same boat. Still "received".

Wondering why it took so long.

Mine just went under review today. Hope yours did as well!! Best of luck, everyone!

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 52

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2017, 13:49
Quick Question:

On the application portal, when i click on Status Report, the "Status Description" till this morning said "your app is ready for review." But today it says "your app is under review. you will be contacted at decision deadline..."

All this while the "Application Status" reads "Application Under Review"

This confused me a little bit.

Does the change in Status description indicate that they have just started reviewing it or are done reviewing it?

Any help or guidance is appreciated.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2017, 14:10
From what I understand there are two status changes: Received to Ready to review to Under review. All applications go through these. Post this change, the status would either remain the same or change to 'Invited to interview' (or something on those lines). So it's good, you're one step closer to knowing :) All the best!
My application is still at 'ready to review' so nothing to do but wait!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2017, 14:12
lavnads wrote:
From what I understand there are two status changes: Received to Ready to review to Under review. All applications go through these. Post this change, the status would either remain the same or change to 'Invited to interview' (or something on those lines). So it's good, you're one step closer to knowing :) All the best!
My application is still at 'ready to review' so nothing to do but wait!

thank you and good luck.

there are a lot of theories on Live wire but not sure what to believe :) I'll keep this group in the loop.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2017, 15:25
As promised, I am updating this forum.

I have not received an email yet but my portal has been updated to "Interview and Review."

My best wishes to everyone else, keep faith, I waited a LONG time for this one. :)

Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 5

Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2017, 18:20
You done with interview? My application went under review on 6th and yet to update :roll:

Yas2017 wrote:

I have not received an email yet but my portal has been updated to "Interview and Review."

My best wishes to everyone else, keep faith, I waited a LONG time for this one. :)

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2017, 21:44
rohitbansal1507 wrote:
You done with interview? My application went under review on 6th and yet to update :roll:

Yas2017 wrote:

Not done with the interview, just an invite so far.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2017, 10:05
Yas2017 wrote:

Hey, congrats and good luck for the interview! :)

Do you mind sharing when your application went 'under review' (ready to review)? Thanks

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2017, 11:45
lavnads wrote:
Yas2017 wrote:

Hey, congrats and good luck for the interview! :)

Do you mind sharing when your application went 'under review' (ready to review)? Thanks

Thanks! I think it was 2nd week or third week of jan. Almost a month i think.

Re: Calling all Haas (Berkeley) Applicants: 2017 Intake (Class of 2019)!!   [#permalink] 17 Feb 2017, 11:45

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22  ...  25    Next  [ 484 posts ] 

Calling all Haas (Berkeley) Applicants: 2017 Intake (Class of 2019)!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap