Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 14:11 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 14:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Carroll (Boston) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
FROM Carroll (Boston College) Admissions Blog: Gagan Chawla, BC MBA '02, on no experience to the corner office

When Gagan Chawla completed his MBA at the Carroll School in 2002, the nation was in the grip of a recession and jobs were scarce. But with the support of two Boston College professors, Gagan quickly found a full-time position at Strategic Pricing Group, a Waltham-based management consulting firm.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Carroll (Boston) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
FROM Carroll (Boston College) Admissions Blog: Making the Big Decision

Congratulations! All your hard work paid off. You’ve been admitted to multiple MBA programs. But now that you find yourself in this enviable position, the real hard work begins. Now you have to choose which MBA program is for you.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Carroll (Boston College) Admissions Blog: A Day in the Life with Jess Poracky, MBA '18

The schedule below outlines a typical day for me, Jess Poracky BC MBA '18, during my first semester. Through this post, I hope to convey what a day in the life of a BC MBA student is like and also answer any questions you may have about the beginning of this experience.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Carroll (Boston College) Admissions Blog: Balancing Your MBA and Your Family

There are many factors to take into account when you are thinking about getting an MBA. If you have a spouse and/or children, the decision takes on even greater significance. An MBA will not only change your career trajectory, it is also a major time commitment, sometimes more intensive than a full-time job. As a result, it is vital as part of your decision-making process that you take into account how it will affect your family.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Carroll (Boston College) Admissions Blog: Sairah Mahmud BC MBA '18: Classics major goes rogue

It’s fair to say that until fairly recently I never thought I would pursue an MBA. First of all, I was a Classics Major at Tufts – not exactly a natural segue to business. One could argue there’s a lot to learn by reading the poetry of Catullus, but it isn’t finance or marketing. 

Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Carroll (Boston College) Admissions Blog: Sarah Klopfer, MBA '16, on making the most of her BC MBA

Many are attracted to Boston College's extensive opportunities across academics, experiential learning, and student life. But as students begin their journeys, many wonder: How can I get the most out of my BC MBA? As with everything in life, the BC experience is a result of what our students make of the resources and the community unique to Boston College. During her time in the program, Sarah found a home amongst Eagles through engagement and active participation with all aspects of the MBA experience, from career development services to student body leadership. Read more on how Sarah navigated her BC experience and leveraged her skills to earn a spot at Johnson and Johnson.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Carroll (Boston College) Admissions Blog: Trekking out West with Adrienne Zak, MBA '18

It was spring 2016 when I attended BC Business Days that I learned about Boston College’s unique TechTrek opportunity run by Professor John Gaullaugher. Since I had only ever worked for non-profits and didn’t know a lot about start-ups or tech, I was drawn by this high-octane experience of visiting 20 companies in 5 days on the West Coast. My college internships were for non-profit organizations, and since then, I had worked at a homeless shelter, a food bank, and a national early education organization. I knew TechTrek was an experience that I would get a lot of value out of, and it was part of the reason I was so excited to commit to BC soon thereafter.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Carroll (Boston College) Admissions Blog: Campbell President and BC Alumna, Denise M. Morrison '75, on the future of food

BC Alumna and CEO of Campbell Soup Company, Denise M. Morrison '75, returned to Boston to speak at the Boston College Chief Executives Club on the transforming industry of food and business. 

Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Carroll (Boston College) Admissions Blog: What to do before you start your MBA

Once you have finally made the big decision of where to earn your Full-Time MBA, a new set of priorities seems to come out of nowhere. Let's start with a just a few to make your transition from work-life to student-life a little easier. Here's what to do before you start your MBA.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Carroll (Boston College) Admissions Blog: Best Podcasts to Listen to for Business

Whether you are embarking on your own MBA program this fall or just looking to stay updated on the ever-evolving world of business, podcasts are quickly becoming an easy and convenient way to do so. Our Admissions Team is excited to share an updated version of our last podcasts post with some classics, as well as a new lineup of the best podcasts to listen to for business. Let our team know what you think- happy listening!

Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Carroll (Boston College) Admissions Blog: Online courses add flexibility and convenience to your MBA

The Part-Time MBA program at Boston College is offering additional online courses this fall to provide more convenience and flexibility for our students. With the opportunity to complete up to 30 percent of your degree online, the online courses are designed to meet your scheduling needs as a working professional while maintaining the academic rigor and integrity of the BC MBA. Read the Carroll School of Management’s latest newsletter to learn more about the online curriculum and what courses are offered this fall.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Carroll (Boston College) Admissions Blog: Sergio Frisoli, MBA '17, on balancing an MBA and searching for a job

Sergio Frisoli, MBA ‘17, worked in education for over a decade before entering the MBA program at Boston College. Reflecting on his MBA experience, he explains what he found most challenging about balancing an MBA and searching for a job. Read on to see how the BC MBA prepared Sergio for his upcoming position at Johnson & Johnson and what advice he leaves for future MBAs.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Carroll (Boston College) Admissions Blog: Jackie Piette, MBA '17, on why she chose an MBA to change careers

From Lighting Technical Director in the film industry to joining Zappos.com’s MBA Development Program in Las Vegas, Jackie Piette, MBA ’17, details how her MBA at Boston College landed her a position in the booming e-commerce industry. She shares why she chose to pursue an MBA to change careers, what courses helped her secure the job, and how the BC MBA is recognized wherever you go.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Carroll (Boston College) Admissions Blog: Saleh Chowdhury, MBA '17, on preparing for post MBA employment

Saleh Chowdhury, MBA '17, shares his experience at the Carroll School of Management and how the BC MBA helped him land a job at Amazon Web Services after graduation. He describes the most challenging aspects of searching for a job, how he prepared for his interviews, and why adaptability is key to success. 

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72912 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply

This discussion has been closed due to inactivity. Please start a new topic in the Business School Applications Forum if you have a similar question or a comment.

Thank you,
GMAT Club Moderator Team.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts