It is currently 23 Feb 2018, 12:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Carroll (Boston) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all Carroll (Boston) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2015, 20:57
mroser wrote:
I just received my invite to interview this Friday afternoon. The school scheduled an on-campus lunch with a first year student prior to the interview, so I'm excited to get to meet 2 current students this week.

Good luck everyone!

Can you please share your GMAT & your location?
Current Student
Re: Calling all Carroll (Boston) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2015, 20:58
I applied on 1st Nov, yet to hear from them. Good luck to all.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Carroll '17 (M)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2015, 07:11
This post received
KUDOS
kheown wrote:
Hello current students,

Could you comment on any opportunities to study/travel abroad at BC as an MBA student?

Thanks!
kheown

Kheown,

I just wanted to follow up on this post since we received more information -- our study abroad options for this spring are London and Latin America. The London trip is part of IME which I believe is more finance orientated, and the Latin America trip is more consulting orientated. I have copied the e-mail below we received. Hope this helps.
-
Email:

"Our International Management Experience (IME) programs provide exposure to economic activity, market trends and culture. These three-credit elective courses, which culminate with trips abroad, have been highly regarded by past participants. Pre-travel course work includes exploration of economic, governmental and social factors that affect the conduct of business in a variety of industries and contexts. The trip involves visiting business executives, government leaders and entrepreneurs, observing first-hand the application of management principles and strategies in the global arena. For Spring 2016, we plan to offer IME London, which will involve a trip during BC's Spring Break, in March.

The International Consulting Projects (ICP) are elective courses in which students conduct and complete the research and analysis for their projects, with faculty guidance, over the course of the semester and, subsequently, present the deliverables to the clients in their respective countries. During the Spring 2016 semester, we will offer ICP Latin America. Travel is scheduled for mid-late May. "
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2015, 11:44
Thank you! It definitely helps!

I read that those trips change every year, and IME past destinations have included China, France, Italy, Germany, India, Singapore, South Korea... Do you know if it's possible to do 2 IMEs (one during the first spring break and another one during the second)?

Thank you!
kheown
Current Student
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2015, 19:53
kheown, you are correct that IME generally rotates locations. I would reach out to admissions to ask about IME - regardless since there is multiple study abroad programs I think there will be good opportunities to travel if that is important to you.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all Carroll (Boston) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2015, 23:30
Did any international Round 1 applicant receive interview call? Can anyone throw some light on how long the college takes before it starts rolling out interview calls?

My application status has remained the same for the past 20 odd days.
" YOUR APPLICATION IS UNDER COMMITTEE REVIEW. YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED BY E-MAIL WHEN A DECISION HAS BEEN POSTED TO YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION." :roll:

The best way to predict your future is to create it- Abraham Lincoln

2 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2015, 14:56
This post received
KUDOS
Just received and email to check my decision online: Admitted!!! And the admission also comes with a great scholarship! I'm so excited right now! :-D :lol: :yes :cool
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2015, 21:47
kheown wrote:
Just received and email to check my decision online: Admitted!!! And the admission also comes with a great scholarship! I'm so excited right now! :-D :lol: :yes :cool

when did you submit your application? please share insight from your interview.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2015, 21:48
kheown wrote:

Congratulations...!!
Current Student
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2015, 05:16
kheown wrote:

Congratulations kheown! That is fantastic news!
1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2015, 05:51
This post received
KUDOS
Thank you so much!

Here's my timeline throughout the admissions process at BC:
I submitted my application on 10/17
Invited to interview on 10/20
Interviewed on 10/30
Admitted on 11/23

About the interview, I posted a short debrief on this thread. I interviewed with a second year student who had a similar background (international, focused on finance...). I thought it went quite well, and this just confirms it! :-D

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

Best,
kheown
Current Student
GPA: 3.47

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2015, 09:14
Congrats Kheown!
I´m waiting for an answer. interviewed on nov 17
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2015, 09:27
csantaella91 wrote:
Congrats Kheown!

When did you submit your application? please share your GMAT and country.
Current Student
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2015, 09:45
Poets and Quants recently did a feature story on the BC MBA class -
http://poetsandquants.com/2015/11/16/me ... s-of-2017/
Current Student
GPA: 3.47

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2015, 10:52
siinamits wrote:
csantaella91 wrote:
Congrats Kheown!

When did you submit your application? please share your GMAT and country.

I submitted my app on Oct 29 and I´m from Venezuela.
Took the GRE and got Q 78th percentile and V 71st percentile
Manager
Manager
The No. 1 Reason Boston is the Best B-School City [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2015, 07:02
FROM Carroll (Boston College) Admissions Blog: The No. 1 Reason Boston is the Best B-School City

Whether it means beginning your MBA journey in a new city (like Kevin Barry, BC MBA '17), or returning to your hometown (like Annie Charlip, BC MBA '17), our students consistently deem Boston the best city for earning an MBA. When it comes down to the number one reason why, this is it...

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2015, 03:13
Any fresh invites ?
Manager
Manager
Round 2 application deadline is January 15 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2015, 08:02
FROM Carroll (Boston College) Admissions Blog: Round 2 application deadline is January 15

Submit your application for Boston College's Full-Time MBA Program by January 15 and you'll receive your decision by March 15...possibly sooner. To make sure your application is in top-notch shape, heed some advice from a second-year BC MBA student.

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
2 KUDOS received
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2015, 11:47
This post received
KUDOS
I just got my acceptance email with a nice scholarship. Interviewed on 11/13.

Good luck everyone!
Current Student
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2015, 12:03
Congratulations mroser - that is awesome!
Re: Calling all Carroll (Boston) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 04 Dec 2015, 12:03

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10    Next  [ 197 posts ] 

Calling all Carroll (Boston) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap