Last visit was: 19 May 2024, 17:01 It is currently 19 May 2024, 17:01
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5435 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5435 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Re: Regarding work experience [#permalink]
Expert Reply
adi04 wrote:
Thanks Abhimahna

Which b schools should be considered ,having 740 in gmat plus 2-3 years or work experience.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

There are so many factors on which this depends. These factors includes your GMAT, your geography(over represented/under represented) , your work ex, yur Extra curriculum, your quality of essays, etc.

Say, for example, if you are an IT MALE Indian Engineer, it is going to very tough with your experience unless you have Einstein like profile.

I hope you understand.

So, you should always opt for free profile evaluation from multiple admission consultancies and understand your chances and target schools.
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 340 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Expert Reply
Your work experience is considered up until the time of matriculation. Also with regards to what schools, you have a high GMAT so this will be a strength for you, next you should look at your GPA and gauge whether it is a fit at the schools you are looking at. You will need to look at what part of the world you want to be in and what school best allows you to reach your development goals, so start building your list off of these high level criteria
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello there!

Congratulations for a stellar GMAT score.

Please feel free to get in touch with us for a free profile assessment.
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Expert Reply
adi04 wrote:
Thanks Abhimahna
First I agree also, great GMAT score! And as far as work experience, it is going to be up through the time you matriculate.
Which b schools should be considered ,having 740 in gmat plus 2-3 years or work experience.

Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Expert Reply
adi04 wrote:
Thanks Abhimahna

Congrats on getting a 740! I would be happy to chat with you about your application strategy. Please either send me your resume or provide some more information below.

- Current company and role
- Undergraduate school and GPA
- Demographic information

That should get us started at least!

Best,
Scott
Ivy Groupe Admissions Consulting Representative
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Harvard Business School graduate and MBA admissions expert
Affiliations: Harvard, Princeton
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Expert Reply
Great GMAT score! That is one important piece of the application, but it's also essential to evaluate your complete background (undergraduate GPA, professional experience, and extracurricular activities) to determine which schools should be considered.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Send PM
adi04 wrote:
Hi everyone

I wanted to ask regarding work experiece. How is it calculated?? till the time applying to b school or when the program starts??

Hi Adi04,
Awesome GMAT score!!! I think you are past the 2 year work ex mark to worry about calculating your time. Most schools require a minimum of 2 year and judging from your posts you're past 2 years. Which schools are you looking at?
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1432 [0]
Given Kudos: 573
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
@adi04 What I would do is really think about your post MBA goal and back out the programs that are going to be best positioned to help you achieve said goal.

this honestly requires more than a forum conversation. There's a lot more we need to know about your profile to really assess where you should apply.

However what I can say is that you should probably stay away from one year programs and European schools. They tend to want around five years of work experience. And honestly you are kind of light on the work experience 3 years is better than 2, but 4 is better than three.

So it's not going to be the strongest aspect of your application but given that you are female candidate with a 740 you are in a pretty good position.

However there is a lot of other things like leadership proof of impact history of progression of things like that that you will want to discuss with a consultant.

Feel free to book a consultant on my website.

https://MBAPrepCoach.COM
GMAT Club Bot