Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 14:51 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 14:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 680 Q39 V44
GPA: 3.46
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Hi everyone,
I had my interview yesterday with Julee Conrad. The interview covered the basic questions such as walk me through your resume, why mba, why fisher, leadership style with example, hobbies and interests etc. I was informed the they'll get back within 2 weeks. Can anyone share the process going forward?
Will there be a second interview?
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Leadership, Finance
GPA: 3.8
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Fisher (Ohio State) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
am245 wrote:
Hi everyone,
I had my interview yesterday with Julee Conrad. The interview covered the basic questions such as walk me through your resume, why mba, why fisher, leadership style with example, hobbies and interests etc. I was informed the they'll get back within 2 weeks. Can anyone share the process going forward?
Thanks in advance.

Hi,
Congratulations for your interview invite. Generally, there are 2 rounds, one with adcom and other with career services. You should hear from them next week or sometime soon.
Regards.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GMAT 1: 610 Q41 V32
GPA: 3.84
Send PM
souvilibra wrote:
am245 wrote:
Hi everyone,
Thanks in advance.

Hi,
Congratulations for your interview invite. Generally, there are 2 rounds, one with adcom and other with career services. You should hear from them next week or sometime soon.
Regards.

Thanks Souvilibra. How was your interview experience with Career Services like?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nikhilgupta1990 wrote:
Hi Ramrod2615. So I received an email from the school last night reading - "review committee has recommended you for admission to the Master of Business Administration program at The Ohio State University for the autumn 2017 semester. However, before Ohio State can finalize your admission, we must have clear evidence that sufficient funding will be available to support you while you live and study in the United States. "

They need some documentation regarding my finances, and I am currently working towards this. I just wanted to get an idea whether this means that once I provide the required documents, would I automatically receive an admit or not?

PS: I have a 2nd interview with the Career Services scheduled for today.

Hi Nik,

I just got the same email on financial status and all. How did it go after you got yours?

Originally posted by King632 on 02 Mar 2017, 00:26.
Last edited by King632 on 02 Mar 2017, 12:14, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GRE 1: Q163 V156
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
King632 wrote:
souvilibra wrote:
am245 wrote:
Hi everyone,
Thanks in advance.

Hi,
Regards.

Thanks Souvilibra. How was your interview experience with Career Services like?

Your interview with career services will a be straight forward one with your usual questions about why MBA, goals etc. It's more like an informal chat but it's always best to be prepped for any of these general questions.

Funding info will follow within 2 weeks. It's a separate email from the program director.

Sent from my SM-G925F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.9
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Just received mail from Alison mentioning $$ scholarship. Looking forward to meeting you soon. :-D :-D
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GRE 1: Q163 V156
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Congrats Praveen

All new admits please join the Facebook and https://gmatclub.com/chat groups. The invitation link for the https://gmatclub.com/chat group is posted on the fb page.

Sent from my SM-G925F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi everyone,
i interviewed on Feb 23 with adcom and they said they'll revert within 1-2 weeks.
On Mar 3, I got a letter in the portal saying :
"The Fisher College of Business Full - Time MBA Admission Committee has reviewed your application for the Full - Time MBA program. The committee has decided to review your application among a larger pool of applicants and defer a final decision at this time. Your application will be re-evaluated every 6-8 weeks and you will be informed should your application status change. All final decisions will be made by May 31." Does this mean i'm waitlisted? Not sure what this means for my chances of getting an admit. Can anyone share their thoughts on this? It'll really help me a lot.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.9
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
am245 wrote:
Hi everyone,
i interviewed on Feb 23 with adcom and they said they'll revert within 1-2 weeks.
On Mar 3, I got a letter in the portal saying :
"The Fisher College of Business Full - Time MBA Admission Committee has reviewed your application for the Full - Time MBA program. The committee has decided to review your application among a larger pool of applicants and defer a final decision at this time. Your application will be re-evaluated every 6-8 weeks and you will be informed should your application status change. All final decisions will be made by May 31." Does this mean i'm waitlisted? Not sure what this means for my chances of getting an admit. Can anyone share their thoughts on this? It'll really help me a lot.

Hi,
I am afraid to say ,but yes you are waitlisted. If you want to convert the wait list into an admit, keep the adcoms posted about your recent endeavors, bolstering your candidature.
I was in the same boat. Ping me if you need any help in this regard.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got the mail on funding today!! Still stunned and excited!!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Got an interview invite. Is it really true that there is no disadvantage for doing a Skype interview as opposed to the in person interview? Any insight on this would be appreciated.

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V29
GPA: 3.05
WE:General Management (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
pipark11 wrote:
Got an interview invite. Is it really true that there is no disadvantage for doing a Skype interview as opposed to the in person interview? Any insight on this would be appreciated.

Hi there, congrats on that! A lot of insight available, email me for details greg.yavrumyan@gmail.com
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Hi All,

I received the same message about the recommended admission and the financial review process must be approved before official admission release. I guess it means that I don't get any scholarship, right? Anyone who actually received that message in previous rounds can help confirm? I personally don't think it is a format for all int'l students, looks like it is customized for some without scholarship.
Plus, I only had one interview with Adcom, the 2nd interview with CMC is yet to come. Really confused.

Thanks everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
hanminhee wrote:
Hi All,

I received the same message about the recommended admission and the financial review process must be approved before official admission release. I guess it means that I don't get any scholarship, right? Anyone who actually received that message in previous rounds can help confirm? I personally don't think it is a format for all int'l students, looks like it is customized for some without scholarship.
Plus, I only had one interview with Adcom, the 2nd interview with CMC is yet to come. Really confused.

Thanks everyone!

Good news my friend!!!

It is actually the format for all admitted international students!! But I know exactly how you feel, because I felt the same way!!

To allay your fears, here is how mine went.

1. 10th Feb- Interview invite!
2. 21st Feb- Interviewed
3. 2nd March- Admission notification (same message you got....financial review bla bla for formal admission)
4. 10th March- Scholarship notification (still stunned on the amount)
5. 16th March- First update on financial review (provides information on the balance you need to make available after deduction of scholarship)

So relax..good news may still be on the way!!! I also had one interview with adcom!!!

Regards.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 670 Q43 V39
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Accepted!

Now I am waiting to receive the official email and to know if I have any scholarship!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1264 [1]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Kudos
Congratulations BrunoP You will get the scholarship e mail in a week's time from your official admitted date. So, brace yourself and may the force be with you :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 670 Q43 V39
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Thanks keats

I am just afraid because I need to answer Rotman and Michigan next week, so I need to receive and early answer regarding scholarship.
Do you know if Fisher can help me with that?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts