Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 18:35 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 18:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Cornell NYC-Tech MBA Applicants(2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
Hey there doctrepreneur

I also submitted in R3 and have completed my interview. I think the turnaround times are faster given the time of year, I'd be expecting a final decision within 1.5-2 weeks after the interview.

doctrepreneur wrote:
Fellow forever students,

Submitted round 3 and just got a skype interview invite for early next week. Anyone know of the typical turnaround time from interview date to final decision?

Thanks for all the contributions to this page! it's been incredibly helpful going through this process.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Cornell NYC-Tech MBA Applicants(2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
Got the admittance this morning, stoked to be joining you all in the Fall!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
doctrepreneur wrote:
Got the admittance this morning, stoked to be joining you all in the Fall!

Congrats doctrepreneur!

...But just to make sure, you know the Cornell Tech program starts in May? :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
***and by Fall I mean early early summer***
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Idk if this is the right place, but what appears to be the average months of experience for this program? I'll only have 36 at application, but this program seems right up my alley.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ucdboy wrote:
Idk if this is the right place, but what appears to be the average months of experience for this program? I'll only have 36 at application, but this program seems right up my alley.

To be honest ucdboy, it's quite a range of WE in the class. There are people with less than that and people with 3x as much. I would definitely encourage you to apply if you think it's a fit, since that (anecdotally at least) seems to be one of the most important factors.

— and yes, definitely the right place to post about this sort of thing :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CAVU wrote:
ucdboy wrote:

To be honest ucdboy, it's quite a range of WE in the class. There are people with less than that and people with 3x as much. I would definitely encourage you to apply if you think it's a fit, since that (anecdotally at least) seems to be one of the most important factors.

— and yes, definitely the right place to post about this sort of thing :)

Very cool, thank you!

Were you able to get into contact with people who had done the program before? Were they impressed? Like a lot of people looking into the program, I really want to move from my engineering role to a PM role, but the career page on the site is vague at best.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Just got to know that I'm in off the waitlist. Thanks again for all the help CAVU. See you soon!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Test12344321 wrote:
Just got to know that I'm in off the waitlist. Thanks again for all the help CAVU. See you soon!

Congratulations Test12344321! That's great news!

You'll have to hit the ground running on enrollment stuff, so feel free to DM me with any questions.

Congrats again!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

I put in my deposit but I haven't heard back about the bg check yet. Who is the company that is supposed to contact us?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
max6387 wrote:
Hi,

I put in my deposit but I haven't heard back about the bg check yet. Who is the company that is supposed to contact us?

Hi max6387, in my experience, it's not guaranteed that you'll have to go through the background check. At some schools, everyone goes through a background check, and at others, there is no background check. I also know at other schools this is sometimes done with random samples of admitted students or people whose profiles merit extra checking, for whatever reason. Since we definitely have to agree to a background check at Cornell Tech, this may be the case. But in general, telling everyone to expect a background check is a deterrent and a warning not to lie on your application, since you never know if you'll be selected for a background check.

Hope that helps!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
CAVU wrote:
max6387 wrote:
Hi,

Hi max6387, in my experience, it's not guaranteed that you'll have to go through the background check. At some schools, everyone goes through a background check, and at others, there is no background check. I also know at other schools this is sometimes done with random samples of admitted students or people whose profiles merit extra checking, for whatever reason. Since we definitely have to agree to a background check at Cornell Tech, this may be the case. But in general, telling everyone to expect a background check is a deterrent and a warning not to lie on your application, since you never know if you'll be selected for a background check.

Hope that helps!

I stand corrected max6387...we received an email today about the background check.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Guys

I am a round two wait-listed candidate for the Cornell Tech MBA. I was hoping to gain some insights into the CT wait-list process from the people who were in the same boat as me. Looking forward to hearing any suggestions that you guys might have (Please PM me).

Thank you!

DS
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am in the same boat, R3 waitlisted and haven't heard back yet. I guess as CAVU mentioned earlier, its too late now. My mind says its over, but my heart is still waiting for a miracle to happen.

Thanks,
VB
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I second this!

I was waitlisted in R3, will be holding on until the very end on this and would really appreciate any advice for the waitlist!

DS285 wrote:
Hi Guys

I am a round two wait-listed candidate for the Cornell Tech MBA. I was hoping to gain some insights into the CT wait-list process from the people who were in the same boat as me. Looking forward to hearing any suggestions that you guys might have (Please PM me).

Thank you!

DS
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi everyone!

I too am a waitlisted candidate in R2. I emailed the admissions team after getting waitlisted to get some insights and never got a reply. I think it's over now. :(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does anyone know the approximate dates of the iTrek dealio? Does that come out of the winter break, or is it somewhere within the spring semester?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts