It is currently 24 Nov 2017, 04:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Cornell NYC-Tech MBA Applicants(2017 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
Director
Director
G
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach

Kudos [?]: 199 [0], given: 76

Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Calling all Cornell NYC-Tech MBA Applicants(2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2017, 22:01
For those of you on the waitlist the best recommendation would be for someone to do like a dig analysis on an application and then put together an update letter or maybe an update video that will address potential weaknesses. The key ideas to really think about while you're on the waitlist and put together a really strong piece of communication that's going to wow them. And it's far better to do one thing rather then bug them with no substantial updates, several times.

http://MBAPrepCoach.COM

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
http://PoetsandQuants.com/Consultants/Farrell-Dyan
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Kudos [?]: 199 [0], given: 76

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Premium Member CAT Tests
Calling all Cornell NYC-Tech MBA Applicants(2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jun 2017, 04:30
Hi all-

I'm thinking of applying this fall as I really want to get into the tech industry. However my background is consulting (big 4).

I came across this: "Strong digital experience is required, with a background in science and engineering preferred. A digital background can include activities such as digital marketing, design, software development, prototyping and other related activities."

Would my background be a fit? Anyone get in with a consulting background? I'm unsure if I have the background tech and digital requirements they are looking for. FYI my focus has been developing new offerings in predictive analytics, business strategy, and implementations (business side). I was also a finace major in college.

Thank you!

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 38

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Re: Calling all Cornell NYC-Tech MBA Applicants(2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2017, 04:30
Hi Gmatclub members,

I'm having slight trouble deciding between the two 1 year MBA programs offerred by Cornell. Would be great if someone could provide a bit more clarity on this.

Professionally, I'm a product manager at an ecommerce startup and plan
to remain in product management, but move to the fintech/edtech space after MBA. In the long term I plan to move to Venture Capital. I have also been an entrepreneur in the edtech space and am an engineer.

Questions:

1. Looking at my goals which one of these programs do you think I more suited to my needs?
2. My long term goal is to move into Venture Capital. For this purpose, do you think it would be better if I apply to the more holistic general 1 year program at Ithaca?
3. How did prospective applicants here decide between the two 1 year MBA programmes offerred by Cornell?
4. How tech focussed is the Cornell Tech MBA program?
5. Is there a possibility of spending a semester at the NYC campus with the Tech MBA grads for students who have enrolled in the general 1 year MBA program at Ithaca?

Any other pointers would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 38

Re: Calling all Cornell NYC-Tech MBA Applicants(2017 Intake) Class of 2018   [#permalink] 31 Oct 2017, 04:30

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   [ 203 posts ] 

Calling all Cornell NYC-Tech MBA Applicants(2017 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap