Last visit was: 05 Jun 2024, 22:18 It is currently 05 Jun 2024, 22:18
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V30
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Re: Calling Alberta University MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
anniesgh wrote:
I recently got to know that alberta gives almost 7000 word limits for a reference letter while mostly reference letters are under 500 words. So is it true that alberta needs longer reference letters ??

I wouldn't be concerned about the length of the reference letter - whatever your reference puts will be good!

Chelsea
Current Student
Send PM
Re: Calling Alberta University MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
anniesgh wrote:
Can anyone here help with the kira video questions? Where can i practice apart from kira app?

You shouldn't have to do anymore preparation for the kira interview than just doing the practice multiple times - there are multiple practice questions available

Goodluck!
Current Student
Send PM
Expert Reply
rishirishabh wrote:
Application forwarded to FGSR for approval. Can anyone tell as to whether FGSR rejects the application or not?

Interviewed on: 2017/03/21
Heard back via: Email
GMAT: 680, Q50, V30
GPA: 3.66
WE: 70 months
Industry: Other
Interviewed on: 2017/03/21

Congratulations! I don't think the FGSR ever rejects an application so I wouldn't be too concerned about it!

Chelsea
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Does alberta provide ccid/bear tracks id to all those who submit application?

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Current Student
Send PM
Expert Reply
anniesgh wrote:
Does alberta provide ccid/bear tracks id to all those who submit application?

Posted from GMAT ToolKit

Yes they do. This is how you can check your admission status.

Goodluck!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
ChelseaUalbertaMBA wrote:
Hezeb wrote:
Quote:
Yes I am just completing my first year right now - I am bit unusual because I am a fast track student (Bachelor of Commerce from a North American Institution) So my first year is also my last year. It has been great so far. Very busy but really good overall I am going to be sad for it to be over. I didn't specialize but I did follow the Real Estate Stream.

Any other questions just let me know!

Chelsea

Hello, Chelsea

Thanks for indulging my curiosity. It's really great having the opportunity to engage with someone presently enrolled in the program.

I had the second interview with Chris via Skype yesterday. I think it went well enough. The tips you provided were more than helpful. Thank you very much!

I do have more than a few more questions, in fact :-D :

1. How much are field trips (visits to companies) incorporated into the curriculum?
    2. Are digital tools integrated into the classroom experience?
    3. What's the gender/racial diversity of your class like?
    4. How tight are class schedules? Monday to Friday? 9 to 5?
    5. Are there planned social/networking activities as part of the class program?
    6. Would you say that the MBA program is satisfying the expectations that you had going in? How has your understanding of and approaching to solving business problems been altered as a result of the MBA program? On the whole, would you consider the Alberta MBA program value for time and money?

If you don't mind, I would love the opportunity to engage with you one-on-one. Maybe we could have a chat over Skype when you have some time.

Warm regards,
Sam

Hi Sam,

I am so sorry I completely missed your follow up questions.

1. There are lots of opportunities to travel to different companies within courses as well as extra events that are put on
2.What do you mean about digital tools? The classroom experience in my opinion has been pretty standard - powerpoint presentations most students use laptops for notes, there are some simulation programs that are used as well
3. I think it is about a 70/30 male female split and maybe 50/50 international students to local students (The diversity is quite high!)
4. Class schedules in the first year are mostly 9-12 and then 2-5 in the second year they tend to be most afternoon and evening as you are taking mostly electives which are offered to both part time and full time students - so a lot are in the evenings - most students have at least one day off - usually Friday
5. There are so many networking and social events you won't be able to do everything even if you tried! There are guest speakers/professional events almost every week, tons of clubs and events, Devanys bar nights, board game nights and other student led social gatherings. There is always something to get involved in!
6. The MBA has definitely exceeded my expectations. I think it has sent me up to lead into a great career - I would definitely recommend the program.

I am really busy right now so I would rather answer questions on here (and they may help other prospective students as well. Feel free to ask anymore I will do better to respond quicker!

Chelsea

Thanks, Chelsea.

Your responses to my questions have been quite useful.

You are a great ambassador of the Alberta Business School. I hope to see you in September!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I couldn't complete last line of my written response as my browser hanged :-( will it affect my chances majorly:-/

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Current Student
Send PM
Expert Reply
anniesgh wrote:
I couldn't complete last line of my written response as my browser hanged :-( will it affect my chances majorly:-/

Posted from GMAT ToolKit

It shouldn't be a huge deal. Glitches happen but I would definitely email the admissions group to tell them what happened.

Goodluck

Chelsea

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 510 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
I submitted my applications on 1st March and still haven't heard back. Should I consider it a dinge?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 590 Q46 V25
GPA: 3.84
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
vivek6199 wrote:
I submitted my applications on 1st March and still haven't heard back. Should I consider it a dinge?

Ya. please mail and ask them. my application got rejected , but i didn't received any notification.

after few months i mailed them, they told your application is rejected.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
vivek6199 wrote:

No! The time it can take to hear back from the applications team can vary greatly! Especially at this time of year it is very busy! Last year it took over a month to for me to hear back about my application. You will hear something soon. Goodluck!

Chelsea

Manager
Manager
Send PM
How long have you guys waited after kira interview to get invited for the final interview?

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 2.4
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hey.. I am thinking of applying to Alberta. Can some shed some light on the career prospects in consulting post graduation from Alberta?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
What are the chances of rejection after second interview?? Most of the people here got their admits after final interview so out of curiosity i want to know is there anyone who got rejected after the final interview??

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi All,

I would like to connect with people attending for 2017 fall . Kindly let me know if anyone has accepted.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
prathyusharvnl wrote:
Hi All,

I would like to connect with people attending for 2017 fall . Kindly let me know if anyone has accepted.

Yes we already have a https://gmatclub.com/chat Group for the applicants who have received Admits and are planning to Join UoA in Fall 17
Please ping me @ 9833998710 if you wish to join the same.

MJ
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi guys,

I received a mail from the adcom saying that they've forwarded my name to FGSR. I dont think they reject anyone post that, do they?

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6957 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts