Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 20:50 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 20:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [13]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
WE:Asset Management (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
dont_give_up wrote:
Submitted application too.

Being an Indian applicant though who has been dinged at LBS without interview I am quite underconfident of my chances. If you're also Indian just have your fingers crossed because ultimately the acceptance rate for us is MUCH lower than all other candidates even though pound for pound we might have better credentials. However, Good luck to everyone!

Btw did anyone else get an email from INSEAD admissions for a free consultation? I had received it after my GMAT and spoke to an admissions counselor.

I received an e-mail for a 30-minute conversation (wouldn't call it a "consultation") with someone in the marketing department (candidate development or something like that). I don't think it makes any difference to admissions, but I obtained some useful information at the time.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
latinoinasuit wrote:
dont_give_up wrote:

Being an Indian applicant though who has been dinged at LBS without interview I am quite underconfident of my chances. If you're also Indian just have your fingers crossed because ultimately the acceptance rate for us is MUCH lower than all other candidates even though pound for pound we might have better credentials. However, Good luck to everyone!

Btw did anyone else get an email from INSEAD admissions for a free consultation? I had received it after my GMAT and spoke to an admissions counselor.

I received an e-mail for a 30-minute conversation (wouldn't call it a "consultation") with someone in the marketing department (candidate development or something like that). I don't think it makes any difference to admissions, but I obtained some useful information at the time.

Ooop, definitely didn't get an email like that... I suppose a 720 will probably be average this year
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
Send PM
kenshinx77 wrote:
latinoinasuit wrote:
dont_give_up wrote:

Ooop, definitely didn't get an email like that... I suppose a 720 will probably be average this year

I dint receive any either.. did you receive the email before submitting or after ?

Anyone of you based in Singapore ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I got it immidiately after I had written my GMAT.

In my GMAT I had selected INSEAD as one of the schools to send my score to.

I then had a conversation with a admissions team member where they answered questions for me. Perhaps it was because I did ok on the GMAT.

On another note - did anyone notice there wasnt a place on the application to report your GPA? They do ask for transcript but nowhere did I have to manually enter my GPA. Anyone know why this might be the case?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dont_give_up wrote:
I got it immidiately after I had written my GMAT.

In my GMAT I had selected INSEAD as one of the schools to send my score to.

I then had a conversation with a admissions team member where they answered questions for me. Perhaps it was because I did ok on the GMAT.

On another note - did anyone notice there wasnt a place on the application to report your GPA? They do ask for transcript but nowhere did I have to manually enter my GPA. Anyone know why this might be the case?

"Did ok" on the GMAT? No need to be so modest, man, you had a great score! :)

I had already answered your question about the GPA, just dig through the older posts on this topic!

Cheers
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 718 [0]
Given Kudos: 99
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.88
WE:Business Development (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
I'd like to highlight something just because it seems to be coming up a lot and that's the GMAT. INSEAD requires a minimum percentile achieved on both sections. After that, past admissions data shows that having a higher GMAT can help you, but it's certainly not going to get you in. It's my understanding that INSEAD is looking for a specific profile and after hitting that GMAT minimum cultural fit becomes more important.

As for the chats, these are the few things available that I am aware of:

You can organise a free evaluation for your school with most admissions consultants
You can meet with someone from the recruiting marketing team at an MBA fair such as Access MBA for a one-on-one session
You can sign up to their mailing list where they will inform you of "coffee chats" in your city which is a one-on-one session to look at your profile and answer any questions you have.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
lpetroski wrote:
I'd like to highlight something just because it seems to be coming up a lot and that's the GMAT. INSEAD requires a minimum percentile achieved on both sections. After that, past admissions data shows that having a higher GMAT can help you, but it's certainly not going to get you in. It's my understanding that INSEAD is looking for a specific profile and after hitting that GMAT minimum cultural fit becomes more important.

You can organise a free evaluation for your school with most admissions consultants
You can meet with someone from the recruiting marketing team at an MBA fair such as Access MBA for a one-on-one session
You can sign up to their mailing list where they will inform you of "coffee chats" in your city which is a one-on-one session to look at your profile and answer any questions you have.

I agree with your assessment: GMAT is not going to get you in by itself and INSEAD is not one of the most stats oriented business schools out there.

However, I would like to open a discussion here on INSEAD scholarships. I found very little information on forums.

Does anyone know what is given the most weight for merit-based scholarships?

And who qualifies for need-based scholarships? (say for example that all my life savings together get close to the tuition value, I assume I can apply, right?)

I know that judgment for both need and merit based scholarships is very complex and subjective, but if anyone could shed some light on these topics, lots of people could potentially benefit from it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE:Corporate Finance (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Kudos
latinoinasuit wrote:
lpetroski wrote:

I agree with your assessment: GMAT is not going to get you in by itself and INSEAD is not one of the most stats oriented business schools out there.

However, I would like to open a discussion here on INSEAD scholarships. I found very little information on forums.

And who qualifies for need-based scholarships? (say for example that all my life savings together get close to the tuition value, I assume I can apply, right?)

I know that judgment for both need and merit based scholarships is very complex and subjective, but if anyone could shed some light on these topics, lots of people could potentially benefit from it.

Great question latinoinasuit. Similar position here - struggling to find great info on scholarships - due tomorrow!

Question for everyone out there: what FX rate did you use to convert your assets, salary etc. to EURO? Our local currency is extremely volatile at the moment and all my savings are in local currency. ZAR against EUR: Spot last week: R14.00 Spot Friday R14.75! Can get fixed forwards for Dec-17 at R15.59. Talking my book, I think that the 15.59 is probably the most reasonable number to use for conversion, no?

Other than that, had my two interviews, both went really well! My first interviewer was a Dutch national (2011), who was actually hired by my second interviewer (1993) after his graduation. My second interviewer's husband also attended INSEAD (1987) and is a bit of a legend in my industry in my country - having lunch with him next week Friday.. :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
latinoinasuit wrote:
lpetroski wrote:

I think that each scholarship is evaluated based on the group giving the award, therefore it's pretty subjective. I'm in the same boat as the rest of you now (submitting my essays tonight!) As for financial need scholarships, it's also hard to say. Most of us are probably somewhere in between a scholarship determining if we can attend INSEAD and being able to fully finance without any loans. I'd say just give it your best shot and that's all you can do. Don't forget there are several consultants and ibankers that are also attending INSEAD, some sponsored by their companies. Don't know about you guys but my salary has never been near to what those guys/gals are making! :lol:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Well, good luck to all of you applying to scholarships! I'm still hoping to get to this point :)

And immensely relieved that the December 2018 class won't have to study in a country that has Mrs Le Pen as president!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Do you apply to scholarships before or after you get admitted? Not sure what the exact procedure is.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
latinoinasuit wrote:
Well, good luck to all of you applying to scholarships! I'm still hoping to get to this point :)

just reviewed everything for the 10th time and submitted!

latinoinasuit wrote:
And immensely relieved that the December 2018 class won't have to study in a country that has Mrs Le Pen as president!

Amen to that! :banana :woohoo :woohoo
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dont_give_up wrote:
Do you apply to scholarships before or after you get admitted? Not sure what the exact procedure is.

If you are invited to interview then you are able to apply for scholarships. Of course, you must be admitted to receive them :lol:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dear all,

I want to apply for INSEAD round3. I have a question and would like to ask you for advice.

I passed my TOEFL test and I got 102. In fact, I did pass it twice:
First time I got 102 (R: 26; L: 27; S: 25; W: 24) and the second time I got 101 (R: 26; L: 26; S: 24; W: 25)

As the score required for INSEAD is 105, I wonder whether my score is considered and that I have a chance to get accepted with my application?

Plus, how INSEAD will interpret my score? It will take the highest score or the combination of the best score (if so, I got 103)

I thank you so much and I'm looking forward for your advice.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Send PM
FROM Insead Admissions Blog1: Why Run when you can Dash!
They say that you’re always running when you do an MBA. WRONG! At INSEAD, you DASH. With 4 months done in a 10+2-month program, you just can’t be okay with running. Apart from how everyone in this batch is brilliant... Continue Reading →
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
lpetroski wrote:
latinoinasuit wrote:

just reviewed everything for the 10th time and submitted!

latinoinasuit wrote:

Amen to that! :banana :woohoo :woohoo

Wasn't the deadline for round 2 on May 3rd? or are you applying to Round 3?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Agunner wrote:

Wasn't the deadline for round 2 on May 3rd? or are you applying to Round 3?

I think she was referring to the Scholarship Deadline, which was on May 8th for the 1st round applicants who were invited for interviews (or already accepted, looking at you lpetroski, you overachiever)

Nick
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Send PM
FROM Insead Admissions Blog1: What can make or break your MBA experience?
A MBA is often recognized as the bridge that helps you either transition into a new career or gives you a boost to achieve your professional goal. Yet, many of us would argue that the personal growth aspect is equally... Continue Reading →
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  38   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts