Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 12:08 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [0]
Given Kudos: 199
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1993 [0]
Given Kudos: 751
GPA: 3.64
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Calling out all GMAT assassins for help. My case: 560 in 3 attempts. [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi Mohyuddin91,

To start, raising your score 120 points is a significant achievement. Raising your recent 560 to a much higher score will take some significant effort though - and you'll have to study in a more structured, consistent fashion. It's not clear how exactly you've been studying for the last 2 years, but working through practice materials over short periods of time is NOT a great way to prepare for the GMAT. You mentioned that you used the EMPOWERgmat Course for just 2 WEEKS - but most of our Clients hit their 'peak' scores after 3 months of consistent, guided study (and I doubt that working just 2 weeks with any 'brand' of study material would allow you to master the necessary skills to score at a high level). If you've been spending short 'chunks' of time with the various resources that you've listed, then that might help to explain why you have not scored a lot higher yet.

Thankfully, the GMAT is a consistent, predictable Exam, so you CAN train to score at a higher level. In addition, with a 560/Q40/V27, you have the potential to pick up a LOT of points in both the Quant and Verbal sections.

1) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
2) What are the exact application deadlines for the Schools that you're planning to apply to?
3) Going forward, how many hours do you think you can consistently study each week?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Re: Calling out all GMAT assassins for help. My case: 560 in 3 attempts. [#permalink]
Mohyuddin91 wrote:
Over the years, I have seen so many members having their GMAT miseries sorted out in the best of ways by paying heed to experts' suggestions.

Dear all 700 scorers, please this time help your another fellow member who is in dire need of respectable scores to apply to respectable business schools before the third round. I spent nearly two years to prepare for the GMAT. Yesterday was my third attempt but I still scored below 600. I scored 560 (Q40, V27). In my first attempt I scored 440 and in second I scored 500.

I tried everything. The Economist, Manhattan SC, EmpowerGMAT, CR Powerscore Bible, and E-GMAT.

I must admit here that E-GMAT has helped me tremendously in Verbal as I managed to increase my verbal score by 9 points (from V18 V27). Even CR Powerscore Bible did improve my accuracy in CR.

But my situation is very tense. I need to apply to respectable business schools before the third round for 2018 intake. I have already studied for GMAT for 2 years and can no wait for one more year to join a good business school.

I feel I can't apply to the universities in the second round so I am contemplating on applying in the third round that ends in March. Also there are universities in Canada, such as British Columbia and Toronto, whose second rounds end in February.

I am willing to give one more shot at GMAT. Please tell me from where shall I prepare for one month, what should I do, and which prep course, in your opinion, is worth spending on? Is there any prep course out there that can help me improve.

I studied with Empower GMAT for two weeks and it did help me in RC. Is it worth enrolling in one month plan? My E-GMAT subscription ends on 13th December. I took their Verbal online course. Shall I renew my subscription with them, or shall I upgrade my current Verbal course to Verbal Live Prep that even includes webinar recordings?

Or do I need more coaching? Do I need more practice? Do I need to practice more Official questions?

At this stage, I am even willing to accept even 600+ scores. If I can't score 700+ then so be it. I will be happy even if I can get 600+ in my fourth attempt but I want to know how can i cover that deficit in short amount of time.

Please help me my fellow GMAT club members. :( :( :(

Taha

Hi,

Did you go through your ESR report, where are you committing mistake. GMAT on third attempt but not looking at yur ESR is nearly a sin to be honest to you.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling out all GMAT assassins for help. My case: 560 in 3 attempts. [#permalink]