Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 13:14 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 13:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE:Business Development (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
fourleaf wrote:
Not sure there is someone working hard for R2 now. Yes, I am the one and hope I'm not the only one. I will take EA test for my application. Just keep my fingers crossed to pass the basic requirement. There are very few sharing of EA test on the internet. As of today, I only know 4 people in Gmatclub who finished their EA test. One' score is 17X, another one is 16X and rest 2 are 15X. Just for your reference if you will take this new exam soon. :dazed

Hi fourleaf,
Certainly you are not the only one applying for R2, and doing the EA this year is a good choice. Wish you the best.. keep the spirit high, you will get in. :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
WE:Brand Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
fourleaf wrote:
Not sure there is someone working hard for R2 now. Yes, I am the one and hope I'm not the only one. I will take EA test for my application. Just keep my fingers crossed to pass the basic requirement. There are very few sharing of EA test on the internet. As of today, I only know 4 people in Gmatclub who finished their EA test. One' score is 17X, another one is 16X and rest 2 are 15X. Just for your reference if you will take this new exam soon. :dazed

R2 here too. Mind sharing your profile.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Most of people, including adcom staff, said taking EA is a good choice this year. Probably this test requires less preparation than GMAT only. However, I have no idea how adcom will deal with applicants with low EA scores since the percentile or other related statistics may not accurate so far. It's a new test and ,compared with regular MBA program, there are fewer SF applicants and just part of them take this test. So I bet adcom have "headache" this year. :shocked

SloanFellow19 wrote:
fourleaf wrote:

Hi fourleaf,
Certainly you are not the only one applying for R2, and doing the EA this year is a good choice. Wish you the best.. keep the spirit high, you will get in. :-)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I am a business consultant for 13 years. Most of my jobs focus on financial service industry. Why MITSF? I think it's time for me to refresh myself and accelerate my career path. As you may know, mid-age people usually feel the uncertainty of their own career. The only way to ensure having a job is to keep themselves waling on the right track.

qwertyuiopme wrote:
fourleaf wrote:

R2 here too. Mind sharing your profile.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello everyone, im working on the R3 deadline as this year has been quite busy for me (in between founding two companies, on the road fund raising and trying to close deals for the companies) .Working on the Cover Letter to be honest i dont know how to go about it. Is there a sample cover letter that can at least guide me for this purpose as i cant afford to use a consultant. I really need help on this.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
You may google it and will find lots of information about cover letter. The information you will find is much more than you can read. So what you need to do is screening the information very fast and gather some workable information for your cover letter.
Cover letter is like a letter you use to express the ideas why you are a suitable candidate to MIT SF. Everyone's idea or pros/cons is totally different. That's why I suggest you spend half an hour to do some research.

dowuoye wrote:
Hello everyone, im working on the R3 deadline as this year has been quite busy for me (in between founding two companies, on the road fund raising and trying to close deals for the companies) .Working on the Cover Letter to be honest i dont know how to go about it. Is there a sample cover letter that can at least guide me for this purpose as i cant afford to use a consultant. I really need help on this.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Rope me in R2 Sloan Fellows, 11 Years Energy/ Infra related Entrepreneurship, Investing and Business Development Experience,head of India Biz-Dev, EA: 151, Stanford MS
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Notagoodfeeling wrote:
Rope me in R2 Sloan Fellows, 11 Years Energy/ Infra related Entrepreneurship, Investing and Business Development Experience,head of India Biz-Dev, EA: 151, Stanford MS

Good profile..wish you the best..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Kudos
Hello Everyone,

I am going to apply in R2 for MIT Sloan Fellows.
I am 33 years of age with 12 years' of experience in Information Technology - Currently at Mid Level Leadership role.
GMAT Score 720.

Nice to connect with potential candidates.

Also anyone has any comment on comparison between Stanford MSX and MIT Sloan Fellows program?

Kind Regards,
Nitin
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [4]
Send PM
Kudos
nitinsharma1212 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I am 33 years of age with 12 years' of experience in Information Technology - Currently at Mid Level Leadership role.
GMAT Score 720.

Also anyone has any comment on comparison between Stanford MSX and MIT Sloan Fellows program?

Kind Regards,
Nitin

Hello,

You seem to have good credentials for the program. I wish you the best.

1- First and foremost: Stanford MSx award one degree of MS in Management, while in MIT you will have the options of MBA, MS in Management, or MS in Management of Technology.
2- From curriculum side: both programs are similar; core courses + electives, if you choose MS in MIT you will need to develop a thesis.
3- The sloan fellow program was initiated in MIT by Alfred Sloan, the late CEO of GM, to develop the "Ideal manager". The idea was to pick the good, mid career, and experienced engineers and equip them with strong management training to produce a well rounded manager. That was in 1931. So, MIT is the birthplace of this terrific program. In fact, the MIT Sloan Fellow is the world's first university-based degree awarding program for mid career professionals. Later in 50s and 60s it was extended to Stanford and London Business School.
4- At both school, MIT and Stanford, you will get the world class management training. It is all about your personal preferences for location and career goals.
5- I have visited both schools, and decided to go for MIT for varity of reasons:
a) I wanted an MBA.
b) I am an engineer by training and profession, and it is so hard to convince an engineer that there is a better place than MIT ;)
c) Most of the Sloan Fellow alumni in my country are from MIT Sloan.
d) The curriculum of MIT Sloan Fellow is more flexible and offers wider range of electives and cross registration with Harvard.
e) You feel there is a difference between the MBA and MSx folks in Stanford, while the atmosphere and engagement are much more warm in MIT Sloan.
f) Brand: Stanford is undoubtedly one of the greatest universities in the world, however, there is something unique about the MIT brand, everywhere in the world there is a strong association
between certain universities and field of knowledge, for example, University of Cambridge and mathematics, Chicago and economics, ..etc. MIT is known for engineering and technology, and
its brand in this area is unmatched.
g) I like the east coats business culture, and I feel the region is the mecca of today's global business, many global corporations, consulting, banks are all there.

6- Location is in favor of Stanford.
7- In my view: proximity to silicon valley is a point of debate, why? because essentially the silicon valley entrepreneurial culture does not like the structured traditional education in management, there, you see a lot of arguments about the uselessness of the MBAs and other management training programs.

Again, I wish you the best of luck in your application.
cheers...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
SloanFellow19 wrote:
nitinsharma1212 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

GMAT Score 720.

Kind Regards,
Nitin

Hello,

1- First and foremost: Stanford MSx award one degree of MS in Management, while in MIT you will have the options of MBA, MS in Management, or MS in Management of Technology.
2- From curriculum side: both programs are similar; core courses + electives, if you choose MS in MIT you will need to develop a thesis.
3- The sloan fellow program was initiated in MIT by Alfred Sloan, the late CEO of GM, to develop the "Ideal manager". The idea was to pick the good, mid career, and experienced engineers and equip them with strong management training to produce a well rounded manager. That was in 1931. So, MIT is the birthplace of this terrific program. In fact, the MIT Sloan Fellow is the world's first university-based degree awarding program for mid career professionals. Later in 50s and 60s it was extended to Stanford and London Business School.
4- At both school, MIT and Stanford, you will get the world class management training. It is all about your personal preferences for location and career goals.
5- I have visited both schools, and decided to go for MIT for varity of reasons:
a) I wanted an MBA.
b) I am an engineer by training and profession, and it is so hard to convince an engineer that there is a better place than MIT ;)
d) The curriculum of MIT Sloan Fellow is more flexible and offers wider range of electives and cross registration with Harvard.
e) You feel there is a difference between the MBA and MSx folks in Stanford, while the atmosphere and engagement are much more warm in MIT Sloan.
f) Brand: Stanford is undoubtedly one of the greatest universities in the world, however, there is something unique about the MIT brand, everywhere in the world there is a strong association
between certain universities and field of knowledge, for example, University of Cambridge and mathematics, Chicago and economics, ..etc. MIT is known for engineering and technology, and
g) I like the east coats business culture, and I feel the region is the mecca of today's global business, many global corporations, consulting, banks are all there.

7- In my view: proximity to silicon valley is a point of debate, why? because essentially the silicon valley entrepreneurial culture does not like the structured traditional education in management, there, you see a lot of arguments about the uselessness of the MBAs and other management training programs.

cheers...

Thanks for the reply - Very helpful and clears lots of doubts.
And I totally understand the fascination with MIT being an engineer myself.. :) I also have the same..:)

Regarding my chances of getting admitted - One of my worry is that I come from a generic pool of IT. That might hit me.. Any comments?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nitinsharma1212 wrote:
SloanFellow19 wrote:
nitinsharma1212 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

GMAT Score 720.

Kind Regards,
Nitin

Hello,

a) I wanted an MBA.

cheers...

Thanks for the reply - Very helpful and clears lots of doubts.
And I totally understand the fascination with MIT being an engineer myself.. :) I also have the same..:)

Regarding my chances of getting admitted - One of my worry is that I come from a generic pool of IT. That might hit me.. Any comments?

The only way to know your chances is to apply ! Forget your worries and prepare good application with simple and clear video clip, articulate your reasons on why you are applying, be realistic and straightforward. You have got the credits.. just let the luck play for you, be positive and you will get in.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
About one week left for R2!! Hope everyone has done preparation for R2. Go Go Go~~~
Manager
Manager
Send PM
fourleaf wrote:
About one week left for R2!! Hope everyone has done preparation for R2. Go Go Go~~~

Hello ,
Have you finished the EA? How was it? Having the access into the admitted website, I believe this time there is a good chance for good applicants in the 2nd round. Keep the spirit high, you will get in, I'm quite sure !
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi, I took my test already. The result was not highest one you can find in this website. Anyway, I had done my best. The few things I can do now are shooting my video statement, preparing for the interview, and crossing my fingers for good news.

Do you mind explaining more about "good chance for good applicants " please? Let me guess: since there are few applicants in R1 than before, there will more applicants admitted in R2.

SloanFellow19 wrote:
fourleaf wrote:

Hello ,
Have you finished the EA? How was it? Having the access into the admitted website, I believe this time there is a good chance for good applicants in the 2nd round. Keep the spirit high, you will get in, I'm quite sure !
Manager
Manager
Send PM
fourleaf wrote:
Hi, I took my test already. The result was not highest one you can find in this website. Anyway, I had done my best. The few things I can do now are shooting my video statement, preparing for the interview, and crossing my fingers for good news.

Do you mind explaining more about "good chance for good applicants " please? Let me guess: since there are few applicants in R1 than before, there will more applicants admitted in R2.

SloanFellow19 wrote:
fourleaf wrote:

Hello ,

Hello,
I Have attended many webinars in the past, and I do remember that someone has mentioned that the 2nd round is traditionally the largest in both number of applicants and number of admits..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Hi All,

I am applying in R2 whose deadline is 4 dec. Wanted to check if the application deadline and recommendation deadline is same. I am assuming that once we submit the application, MIT will then send e-mails to the nominated people. Can somebody confirm .
Thanks
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  32   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts