Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 04:50 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 670 [1]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 635 [0]
Given Kudos: 101
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 183 [0]
Given Kudos: 143
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Re: A lifetime journey to GMAT 740 (ESRs added) [#permalink]
Hi Nishant, very inspiring story indeed. Lots of learning I got reading your debrief....thank you for sharing your experience.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 129
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 540 Q42 V20
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
Kudos
The most comprehensive yet relevant story I've ever read in gmatclub. Though I still stuck at V25, this story reminds me that reaching V40 is possible. Thank you pnishant
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 77
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
Send PM
What a journey!!Certainly inspiring. :clap: :clap:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.58
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Your post inspires. I read every single syllable you have written with utmost sincerity and I must say the one thing which differentiates you from the lots is your perseverance on your ambition.
Most of us lead a life full of challenges and face ups and downs , rejections and setbacks good enough to spoil our plans .
Your post inspires to endure the challenges and focus and work on goals progressively till they are achieved, not just in terms of gmat scores only.

Congratulations for your score and all the best for the new challenges.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Truly, a super fantastic debrief!

It really puts the GMAT process into perspective and yields valuable insight.

Big thanks for sharing. :-)
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30801 [4]
Given Kudos: 637
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
A lifetime journey to GMAT 740 (ESRs added) [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
AnubhutiSharma FuturesMD - icing on the cake .. Nishant received an admit from Ohio Fischer with full fellowship despite applying very late in the application cycle..

-Rajat
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [2]
Given Kudos: 40
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
Kudos
The responses that I have received to this post have been overwhelming and truly humbling. I thank the wonderful and supportive community here at GMAT Club. It made me realize that there are many people in similar situations who are really looking for inspiration. If some one does feel the need to talk more about their situation and need help with their prep, then feel free to send me a PM and I will try best to respond within 2 days.

For the application, I have decided not to join Fisher this year because of some personal reasons and I will be applying in 18-19 application cycle
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Nishant : I must say this is most inspiring article I have read here.Tips and tricks for the GMAT is one thing but, section of Life learning is making the difference. After reading your article I felt that these kind of scores can be achieved with right preparation and determination no matter from where you start. I have already read your article twice and may visit again time to time to get myself going.

Congrats for your score and wish you for road ahead.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
This is one of the best GMAT stories I have ever heard. Buddy, you have gone through so much but still, somehow, bounced back. Hats off to your courage and congratulations for your amazing score!

Sent from my SM-G950F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Congratulations and all the best .. great and very inspiring .. bookmarked it to visit again and again :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools: LBS '23 (S)
Send PM
Kudos
This is so amazing, inspiring. Well done. Congratulations for that score. Well deserved. Thanks for this amazing share
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
WE:Account Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Hi Nishant..

Read it entire..superb story..inspired by your tale..all the best to whatever you want to achieve in life.. you will surely get it..picking up on my third attempt..had a question in my mind ..as you submitted your application for Tuck and ISB ..How much time does it ideally take to prepare an application for the A List B Schools...?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
Siddharth1989 wrote:
Hi Nishant..

Read it entire..superb story..inspired by your tale..all the best to whatever you want to achieve in life.. you will surely get it..picking up on my third attempt..had a question in my mind ..as you submitted your application for Tuck and ISB ..How much time does it ideally take to prepare an application for the A List B Schools...?

Hi Siddharth,

Thank you for your response. To prepare an application, I would a 2 month time-frame is really apt. Within this time frame, you would need to think of your greatest leadership hits, your lows, find concrete goals and draft essays as per the essay question. Once you are prepared with about 3 apps, the rest of the application will really have you fine tune and modify your story according to the questions.

Thanks
Nishant
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for your response.It means that as I am preparing for Round 2 for all colleges . I have to prepare for it starting November and no later otherwise scores will be there but not enough meaning in applications.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for your response.It means that as I am preparing for Round 2 for all colleges . I have to prepare for it starting November and no later otherwise scores will be there but not enough meaning in applications.

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Kudos
What a fantastic debrief . The amazing thing is how genuine and open you were about your emotions . Yes we all go through these phases but rarely are we so open about them . You rightly said GMAT is not just a content exam , its a life experience that will change you in many ways . i have been in your shoes and experienced many things . I got a 720 in 2017 and life made so much sense to me since then . The score would not change us but the process to get there surely would and you are fortunate to live that process . Emotions can be channelised to achieve success and you did that and so did i . i wish you all the luck bro .. get a great college . No one knows whats the best way to live life but working hard for something bigger and getting it is one of the best ways i have come to understood . Cheers man hope to reach you during admissions cycle .
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 212
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 4
WE:General Management (Health Care)
Send PM
congos on ur score and a great debrief really..
I'm very dejected by many years of prep and not constantly holding on to my desired score..At one point of time, I felt I shd leave my goal.
Bt after reading such debriefs, its very inspiring and started reading WSJ and NYT.
purchased e-Gmat.thanx a lot for the suggestion
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts