Last visit was: 12 May 2024, 21:23 It is currently 12 May 2024, 21:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [3]
Given Kudos: 58
GMAT 1: 650 Q43 V36
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 411 [2]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Re: MS in Business Analytics/Data science Programs [#permalink]
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
GayathriRamanathan wrote:
I wanted to create this thread so we can have a list of all business analytics and data science type MS programs and their reviews. If you have attended these programs, please post your reviews in this thread.When you post your reviews, if you can address one or more of the following questions, that would be great.

These programs come in lots of shapes and sizes. Each with a different name and a slightly different area of focus. Some of them take a more coding/tech heavy approach to analytics, Some of them take a business view to analytics, Some of them have a great statistics and probability (math/quant heavy) focus. Many programs focus on one or more of these areas. They are also run by engineering schools/business schools or both,etc. So tell us what the focus was in your program.
Why you picked the program you picked.
What you liked and/or disliked about the program.
What other schools/programs did you apply to?
If you have finished your program, tell us about the career opportunities you have now or if you are halfway through the program, do let us know about any internships you are doing, and in general about your school's career guidance.
Did you get any scholarships? Did you take on a research or teaching assistant position at your school?
A little perspective about the demographics of your cohort(Some schools run this program for executives, while others prefer people with little to no work experience).
Courses you liked/Projects/summer practicums/co-op opportunities you did and liked.
Did you participate in any competitions?
What was the community like at your school?
What industries did your class end up going into?
Teaching methods at your school.
Did you share a few classes with the MBA students or the Computer engineering grad/undergrad students?
Any professor's class or research work going on that you would like to talk about.
Cost and duration of the program.
Any other miscellaneous information you would like to share.
Whether you would recommend the program to a friend.

Just trying to collect some qualitative data here as opposed to the facts and figures available on school websites. Many programs are also relatively new. So ironically, there just isn't a lot of concrete data about these programs. :P

So NCSU has this great interactive map of Analytics and Data science programs in the US. I can't drop the link here, because gmatclub only lets you post urls if you have more than 5 posts on the forums. But if you google "ncsu analytics programs interactive map", you get the interactive map right at the top, first result for me. If you attended any of the programs on that, please post your review. I will also include a few international schools/programs and some schools or programs that I would personally like to hear about in a list here.

List of programs/schools I would particularly like to hear about:
1)NUS MBAn
2)Duke MQM
3)HEC paris - ecole polytechnique joint program
4)ESCP Europe
5)CMU Tepper
6)Northwestern
7)Georgia Tech
8)MIT sloan
9)NCSU

Please feel free to add more international universities, maybe those in Australia or others in europe, or talk about any in the list from NCSU as well. Thanks! :)

MIT, HEC Paris, CMU are the Tier 1 Schools for analytics
Northwestern, Duke, ESCP are upper competitive while the rest can be termed under competitive ones.
USA is a pretty good option to go for MSBA actually - Business Analytics Programs from US universities have always been in the top 5 rankings and they have been able to defend their position even when the competition increased.

We have a list of 40+ MSBA schools on our site - You can check out which ones are best suited for your profile by simply signing up here: https://www.mim-essay.com/register?utm_ ... gn=sign+up
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 301 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Send PM
Update:

I'm looking at MS Business Analytics / Quantitative Management degrees that I can primarily complete remotely.

MSQM Carnegie Mellon (Tepper) -- the go-to if want to DO the quant work

MSQM Duke (Fuqua) -- the go-to of you want to MANAGE the quant team ... a prerequisite to get into this program is an MBA or MM

MSBA New York University (Stern) -- a great great option if you're coming into quant work without any business background

MSBA Indiana University (Kelley) -- I've got a hard time placing this as being anything more than a bigger and more indepth version of a specialization that one might get at any number of FT MBA programs. Hard to see the standalone value at this price.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Visit the ITM University website and you will find out all about the data science and business analytics course. If you are interested in this field, it is a good idea to do your bit of research first. Check the scope of the career and what avenues the course opens up. It will help you make the right choice regarding your career.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
A data science and business analytics course can help you achieve great success in your career. It teaches the basics of data analysis and will also deal with the business and market aspects of it. Get your data science and business analytics course from ITM Institutes.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts