Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 16:41 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.39
WE:Military Officer (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Johns Hopkins candidates: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Anybody else out there? I received my admissions offer this morning.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: ISB '20 (II)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Re: Calling all Johns Hopkins candidates: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Hey!

I'm thinking of applying to Carey Business School for MBA. How was application process and GMAT?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
nik2019 wrote:
Hey!

I'm thinking of applying to Carey Business School for MBA. How was application process and GMAT?

The application process was pretty painless. Definitely took less time than my other applications to build out and complete.

I did have a lot of interaction with the admissions staff, both prior to submission and in the lead up to my interview. Although not formally part of the application, I believe these touch points were part of my success. Both of the admissions officers I worked with were always accessible and helpful. Through the admissions team, I had several additional chats with the career development office, office of experiential learning, and was connected with several alumni. These chats all helped shape my understanding of how the Carey curriculum is structured and how the school uses the experiential learning courses (Innovation For Humanity and others) to build into the internship and career opportunities.

Now just have to make a decision on where to go.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: ISB '20 (II)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Hey Thanks!

Can you also tell me about your GMAT score and work ex. Also if any scholarships were provided? I am only planning to apply to colleges which can provide atleast 50% scholarship. ROI is a major concern and Carey has been accredited only recently I think.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nik2019 wrote:
Hey Thanks!

Can you also tell me about your GMAT score and work ex. Also if any scholarships were provided? I am only planning to apply to colleges which can provide atleast 50% scholarship. ROI is a major concern and Carey has been accredited only recently I think.

Sure, I took the GRE (324, 165V/159Q) and have 10 years WE as a military officer with special operations experience.

As part of my acceptance I was awarded a 15k yearly scholarship for tuition, this combined with my military educational benefits fully covers tuition and fees. During my interview we discussed school costs and I had given my interviewer that number as the gap without scholarship, so I was surprised and happy to see the scholarship offer match it.

I’m planning to pivot from military to corporate strategy for a healthcare/health tech company and the ability to plug into the Johns Hopkins medical network is appealing, additionally I was drawn to some of the specifics of their curriculum. In my conversations with students, I was told that unless trying to get to Wall Street/MBB and others like that, they haven’t experienced any issues getting internships/employment.

As far as the accreditation goes, they are fairly newly accredited, but I was surprised how many professors were coming from M7 schools to teach there.

I

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GRE 1: Q165 V155
GPA: 3.95
Send PM
Hi,

I have my interview for JHU Carey in 2 weeks. Can anyone tell me how the process works? and, what questions I could expect...

Thanks in advance
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Phonejinx wrote:
Hi,

I have my interview for JHU Carey in 2 weeks. Can anyone tell me how the process works? and, what questions I could expect...

Thanks in advance

Phonejinx, congrats on the interview! I interviewed in person on campus in Baltimore. The interview itself went for about 45-50 minutes and was overall very conversational. My interviewer had my resume and reviewed my essays prior meeting. The big topics were:
- why Carey vs.another school
- discuss what makes you uniquely qualified to attend and what value will you bring to the school and class (used a couple of examples from my resume to demonstrate this)
- asked to go into detail about a couple of stories in my ‘Business with humanity in mind’ essay question
- asked about a time I dealt with conflict at work and how I resolved it (this led into the next question)
- how I handle criticism and approach problem solving
- was asked ‘what do you wished I had asked?’ (This was a transition point in the conversation to specifics around admissions/timeline)
- financial consideration specific to Carey
- decision timelines and will I need an extension for other schools
- housing recommendations and other personal considerations
- closed out with a couple questions from the campus visit the day prior.

Overall, the interview was very conversational and comfortable. The day prior I’d met with several students and facially that helped shape my questions on the program. My interviewer was very familiar with my situation and components of my application so we were able to have some substantive conversation bringing out the strong points in my application.

Let me know if you have any other questions and good luck!

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey mtnhoplite,

Thank you for the information. It was indeed very helpful! :)

I have started my interview prep and have my fingers crossed hoping for the best....

mtnhoplite wrote:
Phonejinx wrote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance

Phonejinx, congrats on the interview! I interviewed in person on campus in Baltimore. The interview itself went for about 45-50 minutes and was overall very conversational. My interviewer had my resume and reviewed my essays prior meeting. The big topics were:
- discuss what makes you uniquely qualified to attend and what value will you bring to the school and class (used a couple of examples from my resume to demonstrate this)
- asked to go into detail about a couple of stories in my ‘Business with humanity in mind’ essay question
- asked about a time I dealt with conflict at work and how I resolved it (this led into the next question)
- was asked ‘what do you wished I had asked?’ (This was a transition point in the conversation to specifics around admissions/timeline)

Overall, the interview was very conversational and comfortable. The day prior I’d met with several students and facially that helped shape my questions on the program. My interviewer was very familiar with my situation and components of my application so we were able to have some substantive conversation bringing out the strong points in my application.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Phonejinx, how did the interview go?

Phonejinx wrote:
Hey mtnhoplite,

Thank you for the information. It was indeed very helpful! :)

I have started my interview prep and have my fingers crossed hoping for the best....

mtnhoplite wrote:
Phonejinx wrote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey mtnhoplite, my interview went very well. Thanks for all your advice. It really helped me prepare.
Apologies for not getting back sooner. Hope you are doing well.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Great to hear Phonejinx! Hopefully see you at admitted students day at the end of the month!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 1
Send PM
Hi guys,

3rd round applicant here ! I have my interview tomorrow via Skype (live in Canada) ... interview tips in addition to mtnhoplite that would really help ... Thank you in advance.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Good luck Hal90! Let us know how it goes.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
mtnhoplite thank you ! I think it went well. I interviewed with Michael Cuneo and he said the interview was a great conversation so I’m hoping for the best ??

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hal90 great to hear! When is the notification date?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
mtnhoplite thank you ! May 7th so fingers crossed !!

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived Carey Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our Carey Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated Carey Forum for all fresh things related to the Carey MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts