Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 21:17 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 237 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Sraghav786 wrote:
Hi there, please evaluate my profile

Xth- 90.8
XII-94.4
B.Tech(E&C), Pantnagar University, Uttarakhand- 80.92

Experience- 6 years, Hydro Power PSU- THDC India Limited-It includes Contract Management, India's largest planned Pumped Storage Plant- Tehri PSP (1000MW), Materials Management, Quality Assurance and Inspection of incoming machines including management of Manufacturing process at Vendor works, Operation of a Hydro Power Plant- Tehri HPP(1000MW)- India's highest Earth and Rock Fill Dam etc.

Co Curriculur- Member of THDC's Table Tennis Team- Won bronze medal in Inter CPSU tournament; At College level- Convener of Branch Society ; NCC A Certificate , NSS B Certificate ; At school level- various competitions etc

GMAT Score - targeting 750 plus

Kindly evaluate my profile and give indicative colleges where I stand a chance. I am looking at ISB Hyderabad basically.

Regards
Raghav

Hi Sraghav786, academically and professionally, there are a lot of positives in your profile, though GMAT score is obviously a big unknown.

Also, we don't get a sense of your post-MBA goals. A well-articulated story is of course a pre-requisite.
Director
Director
Send PM
tito411990 wrote:
Hello ,

28 years old Indian IT male here :cry: :cry: :cry:

GMAT - 760 ( Q49 , V44 , IR 7 , AWA 5.5 )
Work ex - 7 years with Infosys, 2 years ( presently working ) work ex in USA
Academics : B. Tech in Computer science and engineering ( CGPA 8.5/10 ) , Class 10 and 12 ( over 85% : State Board )

Looking to move into consulting .

decent extracurricular : part of Infosys CSR wing , environment clubs , sports clubs , quiz clubs etc . Avid traveler , visited 16 countries and all 29 states of India .

Chances at ISB ??? Please let me know ??? should i apply ?? I am currently in USA for past 2 years , ready to move back to India :grin:

Hi tito411990, consulting is a broad field; are you referring to Technology Consulting? Mentioning merely Consulting might be construed as too generic and over-the-top.

With a great GMAT score, put your best foot forward in application, with well thought-thru SoP.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Finance, Operations
Send PM
Hi,

pls evaluate my profile

Indian Female
10th - 80%
12th - 84.8%
BTech in Chemical Engineering from IIT Kanpur - 6.2 CGPA
Work ex- 4.5 years as process Engineer in a cement company
2 year fellowship in Teach for India
GMAT- 650 (Quant 50, verbal 27,IR 7)
Should I retake gmat to improve my chances or do i have a chance with this profile only?
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
rashmirani wrote:
Hi,

pls evaluate my profile

Indian Female
10th - 80%
12th - 84.8%
BTech in Chemical Engineering from IIT Kanpur - 6.2 CGPA
Should I retake gmat to improve my chances or do i have a chance with this profile only?

Hi rashmirani,

While you have a strong pedigree and decent work experience, we strongly recommend a GMAT re-take. This will also help compensate for your low GPA.

Should you have any queries, feel free to reach out.

Thank you!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [1]
Given Kudos: 126
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Kudos
rashmirani wrote:
Hi,

pls evaluate my profile

Indian Female
10th - 80%
12th - 84.8%
B Tech in Chemical Engineering from IIT Kanpur - 6.2 CGPA
Should I retake GMAT to improve my chances or do i have a chance with this profile only?

Hey I'm no expert but if I were you I'd retake the GMAT. You are an IITian so quant is not hard to score high. Looking at your verbal score you can definitely improve there. Please look at your ESR and improve in verbal. Being a female you are already diverse so you would stand out with the IIT tag as well.

680+ would be great :)

Look at this post https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-impro ... l#p2021378
feel free to PM for any help
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Kudos
Hi all.
Please evaluate my profile.
10th: 93.4%
12th: 89.4%
NTSE: cleared 1st round with an All Rajasthan Rank- 19th
SSTSE (State Science Talent Search Examination) : cleared
College: IIT(BHU) , varanasi
CGPA: 8.20
GMAT: 670
work-ex: 4.5 yrs as an entrepreneur.
Work details: I am the managing director of the company. Our company is basically a specialized steel manufacturing unit, dealing with the same branch in which I did my b.tech in, i.e., Metallurgical Engineering .Being the managing director, I look on every aspect of the this new firm, be it product development, product manufacturing and the final marketing of the product.
Our profits and revenues both show positive trends since the start of our new venture.
Extra curricular activities:
1) Badminton winner at the district level 2 times and also represented the district at the states level. I also won the first year inter branch badminton tournament in our college.
2) Won various chess tournaments at society as well as district level.
3) Participated in athletics as a 200m sprinter in the inter school tournaments.
4) Played squash in inter school tournaments.
5) Won various debates and essay writing competitions at school level.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
Kudos
sid121 wrote:
Hi all.
Work details: I am the managing director of the company. Our company is basically a specialized steel manufacturing unit, dealing with the same branch in which I did my b.tech in, i.e., Metallurgical Engineering .Being the managing director, I look on every aspect of the this new firm, be it product development, product manufacturing and the final marketing of the product.
Our profits and revenues both show positive trends since the start of our new venture.
1) Badminton winner at the district level 2 times and also represented the district at the states level. I also won the first year inter branch badminton tournament in our college.
3) Participated in athletics as a 200m sprinter in the inter school tournaments.

Dear sid121,

You have a diverse profile when it comes to the pool of applicant you belong to. 10th, 12th and Undergraduate is really good. Considering ISB also focuses on overall acads, this will definitely turn in your favour.

GMAT Score is at an average band. However, it can be offset by the wonderful entrepreneurial experience and the number of extra curricular activities you have.

In case you don't plan to re-take GMAT in order to improve your score, we suggest you to focus entirely on the application front in building your story perfectly through your essays and by taking relevant recommendations. All the achievements that you have mentioned stands apart especially clearing NTSE and SSTSE. ISB has an unsaid preference for candidates who have attained landmarks in their acads and NTSE and SSTSE adds lot of value. A bit of brainstoriming is needed to etch your essays perfectly with a flow and bring out the unique factor that you possess.

The story of your venture should be captured effectively and it's suggested to mention few of the achievements of your entrepreneurial journey (and the venture). Take enough mock interview sessions to bring a clarity to your thoughts and to present it very well. At this stage, we would say that you stand a very good chance to make it to the Class of ISB.

Focus and Prepare well.

All the Best !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools: ISB '20 (A$)
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
Give a strong and compelling reason for why you want an MBA and why at this stage when you are already a successful entrepreneur. I think that's the most challenging part of your application.

sid121 wrote:
Hi all.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 158 [0]
Given Kudos: 818
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GPA: 2.84
WE:Other (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hi,

Indian Male!

10th- 94%
Awarded by CBSE for being among 0.1% of successful candidates in Mathematics

12th- 84.6%

B.Tech- Mechanical Engineering- 76.9%
Best Student of the batch from over 1200 Candidates & Gold Medallist.
Winner of Mahindra AQ State Round.
Winner of SAE Quizzes in Madhya Pradesh.
President-SAE Collegiate Club

GMAT-660(Q49, V31)

Currently Working for the one of largest Oil refinery in the world.(Think Shell, British Petroleum, Reliance)
Profile-Procurement and Contracting
Placed, negotiated, administered, managed Contracts worth more than 200 Crores Rupees Single handedly.
Young Achiever Award in the company.
Active member of toastmasters club.
Master of Ceremony in Company events.
Hobbies-Swimming, Reading, Travelling!
To get an overall view of the SCM,recently shifted & promoted (as Senior Manager) to Supply and trading that includes Shipping, Chartering, Chemical Trading in domestic market, basically managing entire supply chain etc.

What all can i do to crack ISB this year?

I am anyways appearing for GMAT again next month in hope of breaking that 700 mark!

Request your evaluation!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
honneeey wrote:
Hi,

Indian Male!

10th- 94%

12th- 84.6%

GMAT-660(Q49, V31)

Currently Working for the one of largest Oil refinery in the world.(Think Shell, British Petroleum, Reliance)
Placed, negotiated, administered, managed Contracts worth more than 200 Crores Rupees Single handedly.
To get an overall view of the SCM,recently shifted & promoted (as Senior Manager) to Supply and trading that includes Shipping, Chartering, Chemical Trading in domestic market, basically managing entire supply chain etc.

I am anyways appearing for GMAT again next month in hope of breaking that 700 mark!

Request your evaluation!

Dear honneeey,

Decent acads, GMAT is on a average band. However, one of our students we worked with received an interview call with the same score. Your extra curricular and co-curricular activities are above average with credentials such as "Young Achiever Award".

To answer your question of "What all can i do to crack ISB this year?"...we strongly suggest to start focusing on your essays and getting good recos. Your essays are a key factor here given that you can never be sure as to how the next attempt will be for you. Start preparing and your essaya with a clarity and focus on the differentiating factor that you are goin to bring it to the class. It is very important for you to have that clarity and build up the story in the essay and communicate it appropriately.

Essays + Reco is a make for you with a score of 660. With an improved score, you have multiple possibilities.

Please do reach out in case of any additional queries/doubts.

All the Best,
Shweta Tandon
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Expert Reply
honneeey wrote:
Hi,

Indian Male!

10th- 94%

12th- 84.6%

GMAT-660(Q49, V31)

Request your evaluation!

Hello honneeey,

First things first..you have a very strong overall profile and if you are able to take your GMAT up to the 700 mark, you have a very strong chance of getting an interview invite.

While you are already focusing on your GMAT, please also focus on putting together a set of essays that represent your strengths, the diversity in your profile, and a logical set of career goals. The following video will help you in this regard.

Should you have any follow-up questions, feel free to write back.

Thanks.

All the best!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 237 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
honneeey wrote:

Yep! That's the single most important thing you can do buddy, to further your chances.

Verbal needs a boost in your case. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 158 [0]
Given Kudos: 818
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GPA: 2.84
WE:Other (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
ISBeacon wrote:
honneeey wrote:

Yep! That's the single most important thing you can do buddy, to further your chances.

Verbal needs a boost in your case. Good luck!

Hi,

Appreciate your response!

Is 700 a good enough score for my profile or do I need to target higher?

Does it mean i should put my GMAT in the driving seat now, giving secondary place to apps and LORs?
Director
Director
Send PM
honneeey wrote:
Is 700 a good enough score for my profile or do I need to target higher?

Does it mean i should put my GMAT in the driving seat now, giving secondary place to apps and LORs?

Yes...700+; higher the better.

If you have currently put apps and LOR in your driving seat and given secondary place to GMAT, you have your priorities wrong brother.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Please review my profile below. I am planning to apply to ISB this year.

Background : IT Male :(
12 years of extensive experience in IT Services ( Large MNCs) with specialization in Life Sciences with 6+ years of international exposure.
Currently working as a Business Analyst/Functional Consultant for Large Pharma client in New Jersey, USA.
Expertise in Managed Care contracting and pricing, with core skills of data analytics for needed customizations of existing pricing tools and peripheral systems.

Undergrad Information :
Btech in Comp Sc with 8.35/10 GPA . CBSE 12TH : 71% , CBSE 10th : 79%

GMAT: 690 ( Q 47 , V 38 )

Work experience and leadership :

Started as typical IT developer with BI skills. Gradually ramped up core technical skills and business acumen. Moved into Data analysis for processing NCPDP data from HMOs and PBMs. Built core competency in Commercial Contracting and Pricing tools like ModelN and Revitas. Lead team of 4-12 members on various upgrade and customization projects.
Moved into business analytics and consulting with strong technical skills for various Large Pharma clients. Worked in multi-million dollar projects as Business Analyst coordinating with multiple vendors.

software developer --> business integrator--> Team lead--> product consultant --> Functional consultant/business analyst

Had offers in US from 2 of the Big4 as a senior consultant in their Strategy and Operations for LSHC domain. Due to visa issues, had to come back to my old firm.

Professional Cert : PAHM - 250 ( Professional - American Health Management ) from AHIP

Extra -curr:
-- Tabla enthusiast with 12+ years of playing,learning and teaching
-- Created numerous musical jingles and songs in Apple Garageband
-- Avid quizzer with numerous awards at school and college level

Post MBA goals:
-- Would love to join top IT/IT consulting firms as a consultant in their LSHC vertical with a gradual transition to a Senior Consultant/Strategist role in top 4 consulting firms in their LSHC domain
-- Work as a free consultant to bridge gaps in healthcare costs of people from poor economic background with a structured approach towards financial independence from healthcare costs.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
kalstheiceberg wrote:
Please review my profile below. I am planning to apply to ISB this year.

Background : IT Male :(
12 years of extensive experience in IT Services ( Large MNCs) with specialization in Life Sciences with 6+ years of international exposure.
Currently working as a Business Analyst/Functional Consultant for Large Pharma client in New Jersey, USA.
Expertise in Managed Care contracting and pricing, with core skills of data analytics for needed customizations of existing pricing tools and peripheral systems.

Undergrad Information :
Btech in Comp Sc with 8.35/10 GPA . CBSE 12TH : 71% , CBSE 10th : 79%

GMAT: 690 ( Q 47 , V 38 )

Work experience and leadership :

Started as typical IT developer with BI skills. Gradually ramped up core technical skills and business acumen. Moved into Data analysis for processing NCPDP data from HMOs and PBMs. Built core competency in Commercial Contracting and Pricing tools like ModelN and Revitas. Lead team of 4-12 members on various upgrade and customization projects.
Moved into business analytics and consulting with strong technical skills for various Large Pharma clients. Worked in multi-million dollar projects as Business Analyst coordinating with multiple vendors.

software developer --> business integrator--> Team lead--> product consultant --> Functional consultant/business analyst

Had offers in US from 2 of the Big4 as a senior consultant in their Strategy and Operations for LSHC domain. Due to visa issues, had to come back to my old firm.

Professional Cert : PAHM - 250 ( Professional - American Health Management ) from AHIP

Extra -curr:
-- Tabla enthusiast with 12+ years of playing,learning and teaching
-- Created numerous musical jingles and songs in Apple Garageband
-- Avid quizzer with numerous awards at school and college level

Post MBA goals:
-- Would love to join top IT/IT consulting firms as a consultant in their LSHC vertical with a gradual transition to a Senior Consultant/Strategist role in top 4 consulting firms in their LSHC domain
-- Work as a free consultant to bridge gaps in healthcare costs of people from poor economic background with a structured approach towards financial independence from healthcare costs.

Dear kalstheiceberg,

Thanks for sharing your profile.

Given the IT pool that you belong to, 690 in GMAT is close to but less than the average score . However, this gets offset by the quantum and quality of experience that you bring to the class and you stand a good chance to make it to ISB.

International work experience is definitely a plus. Your previous acads are decent. What we most like about your profile here is the clarity in your thought process . Further, your post mba goals and expectations are pretty clear and genuine given your work experience and the fact that ISB has regular recruiters from Life Sciences industry such as Johnson & Johnson and other consulting firms etc. ISB also has affinity towards organising various industry level events in life sciences.

Your extra curricular and professional certifications perfectly complement your profile and strengthens your application.

Experience and Expertise in Data Analytics is a hot skill set in job market and you will get ample opportunities during placement process.

We suggest you to focus on getting the flow of your story on the spot and bring out all the quality factors in your essays. With your experience,, ISB is one of the b-schools that can do justice to your profile and appreciate your experience.

The key now lies with getting your essays and interview prep right. As mentioned earlier, you stand a good chance to make it to the class.

Please feel free to reach out for any additional queries.

All the Best !

Shweta Tandon (Team EssayPro.in)

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi,

I wanted to get my profile evaluated for ISB.
It would very helpful if you can give some insights on my profile.

Name: Rahul Kumar Singh
Degree: B.Tech (SRM University)
Company: KPMG India

10th :71
12th:72.8
CGPA:8.9
GRE:313(Q160,V153)

My work ex would be exactly 4 years by the time I will apply to ISB.
I started working as a database developer in wipro and worked there for 2.5 year and currently I am working with KPMG for last 1 year as Associate Consultant.
In KPMG I am working as a Qlikview developer and manage all the activities of KPMG with the client.
I am the front face of KPMG at the client location having delivered more than 3 projects successfully in the span of 1 year.I have lead the team of 3 people for one of my projects in developing the dashboard for financial data control team of the client.

I have won two awards one in wipro for the automation work I did to streamline the process and one in KPMG.

I was a part of two r&d projects in my college and also organised many events in the college.

Completed one course from Coursera for Strategic Management from IIM B and also planning to complete the Operations Management course from IIMB.

What I learned from Wipro?
I learned the technical bend needed to cater to a business problem.

What I am learning from KPMG?
Apart from the technical knowledge I am also developing an understanding of the business of my client which is needed for providing them the accurate technical guidance.

I want to get into consulting again after my MBA thus I am planning to hone my business skill to cater to the clients need in a much better way.

I like Photography, travelling and taking solo trips.

Regards,
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  111   112   113   114   115  ...  307