Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 13:43 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 13:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Re: How long can one remain on waitlist and still be in race for admission [#permalink]
Expert Reply
utkbits wrote:
I got waitlisted without interview at Cornell round 2 mba application. The adcom suggested me to write gmat again. I was wondering how much time I have to write my gmat again in order to have sufficient time for interview and get admission this year itself. Although the adcom mentioned that people remain on waitlist throughout the summer also but wanted to hear from experts here. I am an international candidate but don't mind deferring the admission if I don't get visa this year after admission

Hello utkbits,

There is no definite timeline here and acceptance (if it does come) could come at any point before school starts.

At your end, you only need to attempt to improve your profile and keep the school updated with regard to the same. Try and take the GMAT as soon as possible; of course, only when you feel you have a decent chance at improving your score.

All the best!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
Re: How long can one remain on waitlist and still be in race for admission [#permalink]
PersonalMBACoach wrote:
utkbits wrote:
I got waitlisted without interview at Cornell round 2 mba application. The adcom suggested me to write gmat again. I was wondering how much time I have to write my gmat again in order to have sufficient time for interview and get admission this year itself. Although the adcom mentioned that people remain on waitlist throughout the summer also but wanted to hear from experts here. I am an international candidate but don't mind deferring the admission if I don't get visa this year after admission

Hi utkbits,

The adcom here is correct, admittance from the waitlist (with or without interview, generally they will ask to interview first though) can come at any point between now and the beginning of the term. There is no set structure to getting off the waitlist and I've had clients get off a waitlist a few days before the start of orientation. The key is to maintain semi-regular contact with admissions to let them know you are still interested and working to improve your candidacy during this time period.

I would aim to re-take the GMAT as quickly as possible, giving yourself enough time to see some improvement (4-6 weeks if not sooner). What is your current GMAT score if you don't mind me asking?

Regards,

yes that is the current plan. I have started working on my gmat. ny current score is 720
GMAT Club Bot