Last visit was: 10 May 2024, 05:34 It is currently 10 May 2024, 05:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1428 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 512 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Leadership, Operations
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V29
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Moderator - Masters Forum
Own Kudos [?]: 2159 [0]
Given Kudos: 276
GMAT 1: 460 Q42 V13
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Re: Canadian Resident here, Europe Vs Canada [#permalink]
nofaceyet wrote:
Hi All,

I am an Indian citizen with a Canadian PR. I am trying to figure out which schools are best for my situation.

I have already done a masters in the US so doing an MBA at a US school is out of question since I don't qualify for an OPT and don't want to risk the H1b lottery.

So my other options are Canada and Europe.

I want to get into top B schools but Canadian schools seem to be not that well regarded. I think I have a decent shot at top European schools such as HEC Paris but as an Indian Citizen I am worried that It would be difficult to get a work visa in Europe (Esply since I don't speak any local European languages other than English). What do you guys think?

How well known are European B schools in Canada? What are my chances of finding employment in Canada post MBA from an European School ?

Should I just go for a Canadian B school?

Hi, Canadian schools might be low in rankings, not in standards. There are 5-6 ranked top 100 shools in FT and QS rankings. If you are keen on rankings, try the UK. Now they are providing a 2yrs work permit. even the course cost also low compared to other US/Canadian B-Schools.
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 282 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Canadian Resident here, Europe Vs Canada [#permalink]
Expert Reply
nofaceyet wrote:
Hi All,

I am an Indian citizen with a Canadian PR. I am trying to figure out which schools are best for my situation.

I have already done a masters in the US so doing an MBA at a US school is out of question since I don't qualify for an OPT and don't want to risk the H1b lottery.

So my other options are Canada and Europe.

I want to get into top B schools but Canadian schools seem to be not that well regarded. I think I have a decent shot at top European schools such as HEC Paris but as an Indian Citizen I am worried that It would be difficult to get a work visa in Europe (Esply since I don't speak any local European languages other than English). What do you guys think?

How well known are European B schools in Canada? What are my chances of finding employment in Canada post MBA from an European School ?

Should I just go for a Canadian B school?

Hi nofaceyet,

As an international student, one will always face challenges and there are no safe havens as such. However, one must understand that there are always a significant number of opportunities and one must focus on one's performance and learning; fine employment shall follow, albeit after conquering some challenges.

Having said the above, if you are looking to settle down in Canada, it makes greater sense to study in Canada due to the networking opportunities you will have. The Canadian schools may not be so highly ranked but they are fine programs to attend, nonetheless.

All the best!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V39
GRE 1: Q160 V142

GPA: 3.6
WE:Information Technology (Other)
Send PM
Looks like you went ahead with HEC Paris. What was the reason behind chosing European MBA instead of Canadian?

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot