Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:24 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.64
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V29
GMAT 2: 660 Q42 V38
GMAT 3: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.85
WE:Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake ! [#permalink]
LoveWildLife wrote:
Hey guys, would you share your motivational essays with the interviewers? what are the pros and cons? I prefer not sharing to give an element of "surprise". what do you guys think?

I was confused about it as well. However, I think that in 30-45 minutes, you won't be able to convey everything in your motivational essays to them.
If they have read it and want to ask anything from it, that could work in your benefit.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
Send PM
LoveWildLife wrote:
Hey guys, would you share your motivational essays with the interviewers? what are the pros and cons? I prefer not sharing to give an element of "surprise". what do you guys think?

By right, the interviewers are encouraged not to look at your motivational essays even if you submitted them. I didn't bother removing them though, I reckon if they could get me past the adcom, they would do me more pros than cons too with the interviewers?

Furthermore, it's hard to strike a deep impact within the short interview time frame. If they have read your stories, you just have to reinforce those elements during the interviews to deepen their impression of your character and aspirations. It's like reading a biography and then meeting the person in real life; the questions asked will be more interesting and relevant and hence more opportunities for you to flaunt your personality and the more intricate aspects of your experiences.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
LoveWildLife wrote:

In my experience, sharing my essays with interviewers helped. The alum interviews are just like a chat between friends or colleagues and very very informal (I can't stress it out enough) so the essays give context to alum to have an idea of who you are and what to dig deeper. The interview is an opportunity to go further in your motivation and not just a "presentation" of your essays. Just my two cents :)

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
zoltrex20 wrote:
LoveWildLife wrote:

I was confused about it as well. However, I think that in 30-45 minutes, you won't be able to convey everything in your motivational essays to them.
If they have read it and want to ask anything from it, that could work in your benefit.

My first interview was 2h30 long on zoom ??

Manager
Manager
Send PM
sianpokpok wrote:
LoveWildLife wrote:

By right, the interviewers are encouraged not to look at your motivational essays even if you submitted them. I didn't bother removing them though, I reckon if they could get me past the adcom, they would do me more pros than cons too with the interviewers?

Furthermore, it's hard to strike a deep impact within the short interview time frame. If they have read your stories, you just have to reinforce those elements during the interviews to deepen their impression of your character and aspirations. It's like reading a biography and then meeting the person in real life; the questions asked will be more interesting and relevant and hence more opportunities for you to flaunt your personality and the more intricate aspects of your experiences.

That makes sense! My initial thought was that if I did not send the essays I would not sound too repetitive as I might end up telling them the same things in the interviews about my strengths, weaknesses, and failures.

I know an alumnus who had interviewed quite a few INSEAD applicants in the past and he said he was only given CV and a simple profile before each of the interviews - so I thought removing the motivational essays might be something that most applicants opted to do as well.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
metal1106 wrote:
LoveWildLife wrote:

In my experience, sharing my essays with interviewers helped. The alum interviews are just like a chat between friends or colleagues and very very informal (I can't stress it out enough) so the essays give context to alum to have an idea of who you are and what to dig deeper. The interview is an opportunity to go further in your motivation and not just a "presentation" of your essays. Just my two cents :)

that definitely makes sense! Did your interviewers ask questions based mainly on CV/ the essays? were they in the same industry as you?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
LoveWildLife wrote:
sianpokpok wrote:
LoveWildLife wrote:

That makes sense! My initial thought was that if I did not send the essays I would not sound too repetitive as I might end up telling them the same things in the interviews about my strengths, weaknesses, and failures.

I know an alumnus who had interviewed quite a few INSEAD applicants in the past and he said he was only given CV and a simple profile before each of the interviews - so I thought removing the motivational essays might be something that most applicants opted to do as well.

Repetitiveness may not be a bad thing in this case if it denotes authenticity. Instead, It will be strange if the things you say during interviews do not match what you wrote in your essays. :lol:

If most people remove their essays (some do it as their stories are really introspective and can get really personal), then perhaps all the more I would include them to strike a greater impression.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all,

I received the interview invite at the end of last week (AO: AN) but have yet to receive any details of interviewers etc.

When did you all receive the details? Or did you need to follow-up with your AO?
Was this via email/portal? Any deadline provided for completion of the interviews for Rd3?

Any help someone can provide on this would be great!

Many thanks,
M
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mauriciop22 wrote:
Hi all,

I received the interview invite at the end of last week (AO: AN) but have yet to receive any details of interviewers etc.

When did you all receive the details? Or did you need to follow-up with your AO?
Was this via email/portal? Any deadline provided for completion of the interviews for Rd3?

Many thanks,
M

The information for next step and what to expect should be enclosed in the interview email sent by your AO. Your AO will need time to find suitable interviewers near your region to conduct the interviews for you. After that it's on you to plan and arrange the interviews which should be conducted before R3 decision deadline.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sianpokpok wrote:
mauriciop22 wrote:
Hi all,

Many thanks,
M

The information for next step and what to expect should be enclosed in the interview email sent by your AO. Your AO will need time to find suitable interviewers near your region to conduct the interviews for you. After that it's on you to plan and arrange the interviews which should be conducted before R3 decision deadline.

Hi- yep this is what I figured. But I was more wondering if other R3's had heard from AN. In fact, I re-checked my email and the invite was sent "on behalf of AN" by PL.
I am just wondering at what point i should reach out to Admissions to see where they are on finding potential interviewers...
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
mauriciop22 wrote:
Hi all,

Many thanks,
M

I received the interviewers details email 3 working days after the interview notification email, and that is after I responded to the AO when she asked in the interview notification email if I will be in the area where I'm based for the next month.

The portal will not be updated even till the acceptance decision time. So don't need to check there.

I was given 5 weeks to complete the interviews. Follow the instructions in the email containing the interviewers details.

If I were you, I will follow up with the AO if I don't receive the interviewers details by the end of this week.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
LoveWildLife wrote:
metal1106 wrote:
LoveWildLife wrote:

that definitely makes sense! Did your interviewers ask questions based mainly on CV/ the essays? were they in the same industry as you?

As mentioned, my two interviews seemed like a chat between friends or colleagues. They didn't "ask questions" - we just talked! In other words, the "questions" were embedded very naturally (or were well-disguised) in the conversation. So pls make sure that your story is consistent with the essays. Again, it's a chance to go further with the ideas mentioned in the essays. One interview read my file quite thoroughly and the other didn't.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Send PM
Hi All - for the admitted students who have the GRE, would you mind sharing your scores? I have been asked to retake the test so I want to see the range I should aim for. Thank you!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
eliza720 wrote:
Hi All - for the admitted students who have the GRE, would you mind sharing your scores? I have been asked to retake the test so I want to see the range I should aim for. Thank you!

Hi! I took the GRE. My score is 168Q and 158V. From what I understand INSEAD looks for a 80 percentile on both sections.

Hope this helps!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Hi everybody
I am second round applicant, I applied without gmat score due to the health delimma, I got the invetation to the interview, and both were very good, after that I conducted my gmat test and unfortunately the result was unsatisfactory, so today I received the rejection letter. I know that my score was really bad, so should retake and apply again, INSEAD is my dream school, I think the mainly reason rejection is the low score since I got t the invetation to the interview

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
For those who are done with their interviews or have them already set up, how long after reaching out to your interviewers did you receive a response? I reached out to mine three days ago via email, but haven't heard back from either of them. How long should I wait before calling them? I have until the 24th to complete my interviews.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
Send PM
I got the interview notification and reached out to my interviewers via email on July 28th. One responded right away the other one only responded yesterday, one week later.

A rule of thumb would be to send 1 email follow-up and then texting/wsapp/whatever. If you haven't heard back after one week then reach out to your AO. It happens.

icanhazmba wrote:
For those who are done with their interviews or have them already set up, how long after reaching out to your interviewers did you receive a response? I reached out to mine three days ago via email, but haven't heard back from either of them. How long should I wait before calling them? I have until the 24th to complete my interviews.

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  71   72   73   74   75   76   77  ...  84   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts