Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:25 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V29
GMAT 2: 660 Q42 V38
GMAT 3: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.85
WE:Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake ! [#permalink]
Guys, I understand similar question has been asked before but I just need a bit of reassurance.

I submitted my application with GMAT scores. I took two gmat tests in 3 days - one was taken in the test center, the other was online. I took two tests within a short time because in the first test, my verbal score fell off the cliff unexpectedly, whereas my Quant score was satisfactory. And in the second test, my verbal score improved alot and went back to normal level while my Quant score dropped by 7 points. I alerted AO on inconsistent performances before I submitted the application and asked them whether I should postpone the application until I had a better and more balanced score. She replied they would review my application as a whole and would ask me to retake if necessary. Nonetheless, I told them I would retake this month. As of now, I have not received ANY notice that they want me to retake GMAT.

If I am not able to achieve a better score this time, would I be waitlisted or rejected after the interviews because of the score? Or at this stage, they have confirmed that they are fine with it and now I just need to focus on nailing the interviews?

Thanks!!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3
Send PM
Hey guys, is there anything recommended to do while waiting for a decision from the adcom after both interviews?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
Did anyone have their interviewers reassigned? I got an email today saying one of my original interviewers wouldn't be able to interview me, and later got another email with the new interviewer's contact details. Please note that this happened after I had sent two emails out to them, the first introducing myself and requesting their time for the interview (on Monday), and the second with my resume and application form yesterday. Kinda nervous. I hope I didn't come off as unprofessional.

Originally posted by icanhazmba on 07 Aug 2020, 13:05.
Last edited by icanhazmba on 07 Aug 2020, 13:08, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
GRE 1: Q158 V160
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Kudos
LoveWildLife wrote:
Guys, I understand similar question has been asked before but I just need a bit of reassurance.

I submitted my application with GMAT scores. I took two gmat tests in 3 days - one was taken in the test center, the other was online. I took two tests within a short time because in the first test, my verbal score fell off the cliff unexpectedly, whereas my Quant score was satisfactory. And in the second test, my verbal score improved alot and went back to normal level while my Quant score dropped by 7 points. I alerted AO on inconsistent performances before I submitted the application and asked them whether I should postpone the application until I had a better and more balanced score. She replied they would review my application as a whole and would ask me to retake if necessary. Nonetheless, I told them I would retake this month. As of now, I have not received ANY notice that they want me to retake GMAT.

If I am not able to achieve a better score this time, would I be waitlisted or rejected after the interviews because of the score? Or at this stage, they have confirmed that they are fine with it and now I just need to focus on nailing the interviews?

Thanks!!

Hey, similar situation here ... retaking gmat on 13 aug, first interview tomorrow. What if I get a score below the one I had initially submitted? I have added a note to my application I intend to retake on 13/08...??‍♀️ I guess I have to let them know my new score regardless as it would look bad otherwise especially if they had noted it down...they haven’t officially requested an improved score, I just got the email about being invited to interviews.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Quote:
[quote= "Magdalena1609"][quote= "LoveWildLife"]Guys, I understand similar question has been asked before but I just need a bit of reassurance.

I submitted my application with GMAT scores. I took two GMAT tests in 3 days - one was taken in the test center, the other was online. I took two tests within a short time because in the first test, my verbal score fell off the cliff unexpectedly, whereas my Quant score was satisfactory. And in the second test, my verbal score improved alot and went back to normal level while my Quant score dropped by 7 points. I alerted AO on inconsistent performances before I submitted the application and asked them whether I should postpone the application until I had a better and more balanced score. She replied they would review my application as a whole and would ask me to retake if necessary. Nonetheless, I told them I would retake this month. As of now, I have not received ANY notice that they want me to retake GMAT.

Thanks!!

Quote:
Hey, similar situation here ... retaking gmat on 13 aug, first interview tomorrow. What if I get a score below the one I had initially submitted? I have added a note to my application I intend to retake on 13/08...??‍♀️ I guess I have to let them know my new score regardless as it would look bad otherwise especially if they had noted it down...they haven't officially requested an improved score, I just got the email about being invited to interviews.

Hey, Good luck with the test!

I mentioned retaking the test on email and in my optional essay separately:

In the email, I said I would retake the test within August;
in the optional essay, I mentioned" If required, I will retake the test to become more competitive for consideration."

My concern is the low overall scores of both tests I took. However, if they take the highest score in each of these two tests, Q49 in the 1st test and V38 in the 2nd test, that is a combined GMAT score of 710-720. I made a significant improvement in the verbal section in just two days, and my quant performance was not satisfactory in the second test mainly because of my unfamiliarity with the online whiteboard.

My job is quant focused (investment banking) but my undergrad is pretty light on quant.

I am going to retake the test definitely but as you are, I m also concerned whether I would be able to get an improved score before they release the final decision.

I got an admit from another school and need to reply in 28 days. Even though my top choice is still INSEAD, I can't take the risk of waiting for a miracle after being waitlisted.

I understand the interview is also an extremely important element, so I really want to put all my energy and effort into interview preparation now.

Originally posted by LoveWildLife on 07 Aug 2020, 19:02.
Last edited by LoveWildLife on 07 Aug 2020, 19:04, edited 3 times in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Given Kudos: 132
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28 (Online)
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.23
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Hey, INSEAD is not going to ask you to retake before the interviews.
You won't get any feedback about your score as it is only part of your evaluation. They do provide guidance about the score levels they expect and you have the class percentiles.

Focus on the interviewa if you have been invited, you may be rejected because of the Gmat or something else, if it is the Gmat they will say it, if not you won't know.

Regards,
Pablo

LoveWildLife wrote:
Guys, I understand similar question has
been asked before but I just need a bit of reassurance.

Thanks!!

Manager
Manager
Send PM
pabpinor wrote:
Hey, INSEAD is not going to ask you to retake before the interviews.
You won't get any feedback about your score as it is only part of your evaluation. They do provide guidance about the score levels they expect and you have the class percentiles.

Focus on the interviewa if you have been invited, you may be rejected because of the Gmat or something else, if it is the Gmat they will say it, if not you won't know.

Regards,
Pablo

LoveWildLife wrote:
Guys, I understand similar question has
been asked before but I just need a bit of reassurance.

Thanks!!

Got it. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Is it just me or does R3 feel less competitive than R2?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Hi everyone, I am a 21D admit. I saw in the forum that there is a chat for 21D admits. Please could you add me to the group? Thank you very much!
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
ih26 wrote:
Hi everyone, I am a 21D admit. I saw in the forum that there is a chat for 21D admits. Please could you add me to the group? Thank you very much!

ih26

Congratulations! Can you point to me where you have seen that group? I should be able to add you to that.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
DuaQuad wrote:
Wajeeh wrote:
Hi everybody
I am second round applicant, I applied without gmat score due to the health delimma, I got the invetation to the interview, and both were very good, after that I conducted my gmat test and unfortunately the result was unsatisfactory, so today I received the rejection letter. I know that my score was really bad, so should retake and apply again, INSEAD is my dream school, I think the mainly reason rejection is the low score since I got t the invetation to the interview

Hey Wajeeh, thanks for sharing. Super sorry to hear the bad news. I'm waiting to hear back still as an R2 admit who couldn't take the test until later as well because of the test centre closures. It's been so manic. Btw - I have heard it can be worthwhile to get feedback directly from INSEAD to ask if it's worthwhile reapplying once you've got a better test score so that you know exactly what you have to do and can increase your chances to get admitted. I hope that helps.

May I ask - did they get back to you just today?

Super sorry to hear this news - I think you should definitely redo the GMAT and reapply - given that you've passed 2 interviews which is super amazing - I believe only issue is the not satisfying GMAT score. I would suggest do GMAT again and reapply for July intake. Me took GMAT 6 times for 1 year and got 710 finally - English is not my mother language, so I can totally get your feelings of having a disappointing GMAT score. Though my application is under reviewing at INSEAD, I would strongly recommend and encourage reapplying with a better GMAT score!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
zoltrex20 wrote:
Is it just me or does R3 feel less competitive than R2?

R4 is here - would be so happy if R4 is less competitive than R2 or R1.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
tiffanytwchen wrote:
I'm also having the same issue - hoping it'll be resolved soon :-/

sianpokpok wrote:
Does anyone else have problem setting up the password for their INSEAD email account?

My AO told me my email address was accepted; however I could not set up the password as my email was not found in the directory (as told by the IT team).

I'm now waiting for it to be resolved, just curious if anyone else faces this problem?

Same here - you should email INSEAD IT Desk Service for help. Let them create a pw for you. Otherwise, you can try different browsers - me tried 4 browsers on Mac Os and Windows and finally succeed in Mac Os Chrome Canary Version.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Dagobahdude wrote:
I sent you a PM.

MLPA31 wrote:
Hi guys,

My first time commenting. I'm an admitted R2 candidate wondering if there's a group (https://gmatclub.com/chat, https://gmatclub.com/chat, etc.) for us to exchange views somewhere. Grateful if you could let me know!

Thanks

Hey! Same here - may I also get a link to join? A R4 applicant here
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Lanesrak wrote:
Hi Guys,

Just received e-mail acceptance from JM. Candidate from India. Best of luck to all still waiting!

Congrats!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi I m R3 applicant. May I know whether it is possible to request for early decision, say 3 days before the actual deadline? I need to know the decision sooner as I need to confirm my acceptance to another Bschool by the same day as INSEAD final decision date. Thanks!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
Send PM
Absolutely. From what I've read here some R1/R2 applicants requested early decision and got it usually at least a week in advance.

LoveWildLife wrote:
Hi I m R3 applicant. May I know whether it is possible to request for early decision, say 3 days before the actual deadline? I need to know the decision sooner as I need to confirm my acceptance to another Bschool by the same day as INSEAD final decision date. Thanks!

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  72   73   74   75   76   77   78  ...  84   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts