Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:53 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Booth School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Strategy
Send PM
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 90 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [2]
Given Kudos: 18
WE:Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Booth MBA Applicants: 2021 Intake [Class of 2023] [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi , I had the mailed the adcoms regarding this and they asked to not worry about the application preview. You should fill as it is in the application form - Hours/year

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Send PM
parik92 wrote:
Hi , I had the mailed the adcoms regarding this and they asked to not worry about the application preview. You should fill as it is in the application form - Hours/year

parik92,

Thanks for the reply! That was helpful.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 149 [0]
Schools: Booth '22 (M)
Send PM
Only a few days before the round 1 deadline!

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Sloan '23 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.86
Send PM
Hey all, the preview of the application seems to omit several fields. In addition to the hours/week vs hours/year mixup described a few posts above, I noticed that the "Professional Awards" section under the "Employment" part of the application doesn't show up in the preview. Has anyone spoken to adcoms about this? Wondering if it's an error of some sort on my end.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 117 [0]
Given Kudos: 64
Send PM
Hey all,

Is there any way to get an extension on LOR submission for Chicago Booth? Would writing an email to the adcom help?
Current Student
Send PM
BooRadley wrote:
Hey all,

Is there any way to get an extension on LOR submission for Chicago Booth? Would writing an email to the adcom help?

I have received a mail (I believe all applicants did) saying that recommenders have till 1st October 8:30 AM Chicago Time to submit their LOR.

The content of the mail is as follows:

We're excited for next week's deadline and to learn more about Round One applicants, like yourself!

As a quick note, we realize your recommenders are doing you a favor and that their timely submission may be out of your control. For that reason, we always give your recommenders another week to submit. We accept recommendation letters until October 1 at 8:30 AM Chicago time.

Should you have any last minute questions about the Full-Time MBA Program or your application, please do not hesitate to contact us.

I don't think there would be any more consideration, but it's worth a try contacting the adcom and requesting for additional time.
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
To the original poster (BooRadley -- love the username, by the way...) - If you received the same email that reddy10d pasted in below, then I would definitely NOT contact the adcom about this. They are swamped, and they've already communicated the final deadline for recommenders. You should be 100% focused on ensuring your recommender gets his/her letter in as soon as possible at this point. If they missed the first deadline, that's not a great sign. See how you can help them get it in this week if at all possible... you do NOT want them bumping up against the extended deadline.

Best of luck!

reddy10d wrote:
BooRadley wrote:
Hey all,

I have received a mail (I believe all applicants did) saying that recommenders have till 1st October 8:30 AM Chicago Time to submit their LOR.

The content of the mail is as follows:

We're excited for next week's deadline and to learn more about Round One applicants, like yourself!

As a quick note, we realize your recommenders are doing you a favor and that their timely submission may be out of your control. For that reason, we always give your recommenders another week to submit. We accept recommendation letters until October 1 at 8:30 AM Chicago time.

Should you have any last minute questions about the Full-Time MBA Program or your application, please do not hesitate to contact us.

I don't think there would be any more consideration, but it's worth a try contacting the adcom and requesting for additional time.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Sloan '23 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.86
Send PM
For all those submitting today, I was told by admissions that hours/year is the correct metric for activities. They also said that regardless of what is in the preview, the entire application will be considered. For example, my preview and those of a couple friends I talked to omit professional awards, but they will be considered from the application. So you should proof the application and not just the preview.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 117 [0]
Given Kudos: 64
Send PM
Thank you reddy10d and SBCErikaOlson for your prompt responses.

I did contact the admissions committee, just to be on the safer side. They confirmed that submissions till October 1 are okay.

Fortunately, my recommender took out time before and submitted the recommendation within the application deadline :)

And thanks SBCErikaOlson - big fan of that book, haha!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
Send PM
exliontamer wrote:
For all those submitting today, I was told by admissions that hours/year is the correct metric for activities. They also said that regardless of what is in the preview, the entire application will be considered. For example, my preview and those of a couple friends I talked to omit professional awards, but they will be considered from the application. So you should proof the application and not just the preview.

Hi All.

I wrongly posted the hrs/week numbers in my final application. Anyone here with a similar situation?
Is it an understandable mistake or should I drop an email to the AdCom?
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [1]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
blackbirdsr71 wrote:
exliontamer wrote:

Hi All.

I wrongly posted the hrs/week numbers in my final application. Anyone here with a similar situation?

blackbirdsr71

I would suggest you drop an email to the admissions committee soon.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Given Kudos: 96
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
Send PM
workout wrote:
blackbirdsr71 wrote:
exliontamer wrote:

Hi All.

blackbirdsr71

I would suggest you drop an email to the admissions committee soon.

Thought so! Will do. Thanks :thumbsup:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Booth’s new class profile is out! 4909 applications, 1227 admits, and 621 enrolled!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 149 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
Booth’s round 1 invites will be coming out next week. Based on last year’s schedule, the invites should start on Tuesday October 13 at 12pm ct!

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
fatmike wrote:
Booth’s round 1 invites will be coming out next week. Based on last year’s schedule, the invites should start on Tuesday October 13 at 12pm ct!

How are things going this year? Any silver lining for recruiting or internship hunting?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
GMAT 2: 770 Q50 V44 (Online)
Send PM
fatmike wrote:

Any official word from the school on this? Can't contain my excitement.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
popcornninja wrote:
fatmike wrote:

Any official word from the school on this? Can't contain my excitement.

No, just prior experience. Booth generally repeats similar timelines year after year though. HBS released invites last week, so we are definitely in the invite season.

Last year Booth did not send a majority of round 1 applicants an email notifying them of a status change. Instead the portal page just updated. Booth released invites in batches last year around 12pm and 4pm central time.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts