Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 18:16 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 225
GRE 1: Q167 V162
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 225
GRE 1: Q167 V162
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 243 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GPA: 4
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Q48 V6 IR 6 - Online GMAT [#permalink]
HiFighter1095,

You should definitely write to gmac.
V6 score is absurd if you have attempted full paper.
There must be some technical error.
I took trial once where i answered just 1 question and closed the exam.
My score was V6, hence kindly take this up with gmac.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.4
Send PM
Hi Fighter1095, as far as emailing GMAC is considered, I believe the seniors and experts in this forum should be able to advice you better. However, because you cannot predict how that would turn out, you're right to focus on your prep simultaneously and take mocks at your convenient time.

It is true that having an exam later in the day means you are likely to worry about it earlier in the day. However, if you were to take a morning exam you will be worrying about the exam the night before and may even have difficulty sleeping. So regardless of when you decide to book the exam, GMAT being a crucial exam, the stress will be there - which makes it all the more important to make it as familiar and comfortable as possible within our means. Hence, I really believe taking the exam at a time similar to mocks and being mentally prepared so that you don't overstress will be really helpful for you.

I understand that your score will be a huge setback especially to your morale but looking at the way you want to proceed and your determination, I look forward to you success journey debrief! Good luck!!!
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 5137 [0]
Given Kudos: 1431
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
Send PM
Expert Reply
Fighter1095 wrote:
can someone suggest me what has happend to my verbal score??

And how to proceed further?

As has been suggested, you may want to contact GMAC about your verbal score, as scoring 6 in verbal requires that you choose the incorrect answers to the vast majority of the questions.

That said, since your practice test scores have been well below your goal score, and since you didn't finish the verbal section when you took the GMAT, you need to work on verbal anyway. So, contacting GMAC about your verbal score may be a waste of time.

To increase your verbal score, you have to work topic by topic to develop full understanding of each topic and question type and to practice by answering topic specific questions.

Most of your verbal practice should be untimed by the way. You won't learn to answer verbal questions by seeking to answer them in under two minutes each. You have to spend time on each question, learning to see what there is to see.

For some SC tips, you could read this post. GMAT Sentence Correction: 8 Essential Tips

For some ideas on how to score 700+, you could read this one. How to Score a 700+ on the GMAT — A Mini Guide for Success
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11666 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Fighter1095,

I'm sorry to hear that Test Day didn't go as well as planned. When these types of score drops occur, the two likely "causes" involve either something that was unrealistic during practice or something that was surprising (or not accounted for) on Test Day. Before we discuss any of those potential issues though, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

1) How long have you studied? Over the last month, how many hours did you typically study each week?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) On what dates did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?
4) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts