Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 09:28 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 09:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 127 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: IIMB EPGP"18
Send PM
VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 800 Q50 V45
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Kudos
MBAkarma wrote:
Hello Revankumar

With a software background and 2 years work experience, I'd recommend a 720+ on the GMAT for ISB and higher for top 15 US schools.
The career progression and achievements in these two years must be strong enough to stand out within the largest and most competitive pool of applicants.
Extracurricular list is long, but I'd rely less on the school/university activities (unless there's something stellar to highlight).
Lastly on career goals, not sure if I'm missing something in the post, but the adcom will be interested to know that what role will an MBA play in helping you make a transition into a career in waste management. Have you done something on these lines in the past and reached a stage where you feel that an MBA will fill the skill gap. Also how will the short term goal of being in tech act as a stepping stone to reach this goal.

To conclude, work on building certain spikes in the profile to stand out in the Indian IT crowd and make sure your goals are clear, realistic and organic.

Best
Varun
MBAkarma.com

Revankumar wrote:
Please evaluate my profile

Background and nationality: Revankumar, 23 years, Indian Male

Undergrad Information: [3.3 out of 4] or [7.5 out of 10] - B.Tech from NIT Trichy (Majors in Computer Science and Engineering and minors in Management) (Tier-I college, ranked 9 in the National Rankings of India)

GMAT: Haven't given the exam yet (Aiming for 700+)

Work experience and leadership: 2 years (as of date)

Industrial experience:-
Software Engineer II, Hewlett Packard Enterprise (2 years+)
- Piloted the Build System Verification Project
- Created documentations to help out freshers, Participate in Hackathons regularly)
- Participated in Hackathons conducted by the company
Research and Development Intern, Hewlett Packard Enterprise (2 months)
- Pioneered the Triage automation Project which reduced the triage timing by more than 95%.
Software Development and Graphic Designer Intern, Skillveri Solutions Pvt. Ltd (2 months)
- Developed Windows Application and designed a reports engine from scratch for the product SkillVeri Aura
- Designed all the graphic icons used in the product
Data Analyst Intern, Technosoft Corporation Ltd.
- Analysed and extracted patterns from the Denial Data set provided as part of the US Healthcare Revenue Cycle Management business

Undergraduate extracurriculars:-
Core Member and Head of Team Quality Assurance of Pragyan 2019, College's Techno-managerial organisation
- Headed a team of 40 organisers; Responsible for 8+ patonages including UNESCO
- Responsible for acquisition of ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 20121:2012
- Internal Quality Auditor for the ISO Certifications
Under-Secretary General of Quality Assurance for the MUN conducted by the Tech fest
Senior Graphic Designer of College's Official Magazine, Cultural and Tech Fests, Department Symposiums
- Mentored close to 30 Junior Graphic Designers
Workshops Co-ordinator and Organising Committee Member in Cultural Fest
Student Secretary for the University hostel

High School:
Winner of the environmental quiz conducted by Petroleum Conservation and Research Organisation, Government of India Ltd.
Awarded Special Merit Certificate for outstanding performance and obtaining Grade A1 in AISSE 2013.
Awarded Special Merit Certificate for being among the top 0.1% of successful candidates in Mathematics of AISSCE 2015
Recipient of Academic Achievement Scholarship for top 350 outstading performers in JEE offered by NLC Ltd
Recipient of INSPIRE Scholarship for being among the top 1% percent of successful candidates in Mathematics of AISSCE 2015.

Graduation: 3.3/4; 12th grade: 94.5%; 10th grade: 100%

Community and others: Volunteering for charity events & its fundraising events, Teaching kids at orphanages and conducting events for them, Mentoring incoming junior students

Post MBA goals: Tech Industry soon after MBA and entering into the entrpreneurship domain later down the line

[b]Target:[/b] ISB and Top 15-20 Business Schools in USA

1) What is the target GMAT score that I should aim for?
2) My short term goal after MBA is to get into the Tech Industry whereas the long term goal is to get into entrepreneurship domain in Waste Management (which is different from the IT Tech Industry). How do I approach the SOP for admissions explaining both the targets?

Posted from my mobile device

Thank you very much Varun. I would work on the said improvements. Really appreciate your time :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools: ISB '23
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Hello,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB:

Nationality: Indian

GMAT Score: Not Taken yet

Work Experience:
Working as a SAP BASIS Consultant at IBM India Pvt Ltd. for 3 years and 8 months now.

Educational Qualifications:

Graduation: Completed B.Tech in Computer Science from KIIT University,Bhubaneswar from 2013-2017 with 70% marks.
H.S.C: secured 69% from Science stream from CBSE Board from Delhi Public School, Durg in 2013
S.S.C: secured GPA of 9 from CBSE Board in 2010 ( On a scale of 1 to 10)

Extra Curricular:

IBM Manager's Choice Award-2019 and 2020
• Bronze medal in 400m race and 4x100m Relay race in University Sports meet 2015
3rd Position in Inter University Basketball Tournament 2016
• 4th Position in UDGHOSH-National Level Open Quiz Competition 2016
• Member of College Fashion Society and Quizzing Club
• Winner of Limca Book of Records Quiz 2011- State level
• Winner of Inter School Quiz 2011- District level
• Silver medal in 200m race and 4x100m Relay race at CBSE Athletics Meet 2011-National level
• Winner of Inter School Basketball Tournament 2011-Vice Captain
• Hostel Head Boy of School 2011
• House Captain of School 2010

• Certifications
Microsoft Networking Fundamentals
Microsoft Azure Fundamentals AZ900
VP
VP
Send PM
Hello nanoname

Even though you belong to the IT pool, some of the elements can help you really stand out. Past academic scores are good, FAANG brand will surely help. More than that, some of your achievements are really worth talking about in the essays- Hackathon, startup will make for strong stories and help you differentiate yourself from the average IT applicant.
Would want to find out more about your work though, how's your career progressed, what are some of the key accomplishments that you want to highlight?
A 720+ will put you in a very good position. Also, it matches with your past academic credentials. A lower score (680-710) though not optimal, I'll still not write you off if you do a solid job on the essays and bring out your work and extracurricular well.

Best
Varun
MBAkarma.com

nanoname wrote:
Hey could you please review my profile?

26 M - Indian

Work Ex & Education:
    SDE2 - [FAANG] - 4+ years work experience
    B.Tech - Computer Science [Tier 2 college] - 9.2 CGPA
    12th Standard - 94%
    10th Standard - 10 CGPA

Extra Curriculars:
    8+ hackathons won within [FAANG] company
    Built a digital product, advertised & marketed it - Generated 1500$ Monthly Recurring Revenue - Solo
    Generated an organic following of 18K+ speaking about mental health & psychology - Solo
    President in college club organizing various events, hosting learning sessions, leading a team of 300+ members
    Earned royalty by selling digital assets to companies [some well known] in college [helped me pay for 50-60% of my college expenses]
    Have a few other experiences [Not sure what should be explicitly highlighted]

GMAT Target Score: 720+ [Giving in late July/early August]

I'd love to get some feedback on my profile.
Honestly, I am a little nervous about the GMAT and my target score, would it be possible to get in even if i score in the range of 680-710?

VP
VP
Send PM
Hello Atul789

GMAT will be key to your application, considering your IT background. Have you taken any mock tests yet to get an estimated score?
Very little to go by work experience except that there'll be many applicants with a similar background (and even the company). What will be crucial to know is what can you bring to the table to differentiate yourself (better set of achievements or progression or a stellar GMAT).
Extracurricular activities, while most look old, some of these are definitely out of the ordinary. What's important here is that how you show their relevance and how these will help you add value to the experience of the batch (inside or outside the classroom).
Lastly, career goals are missing from the post and the adcom will be looking at clarity of thought here. Information here will be useful.

To get started, you may want to read here on what factors work in a profile and here to add to your research on career goals.

Best
Varun Sharma
Whats-App- +918452954888
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Atul789 wrote:
Hello,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB:

Nationality: Indian

GMAT Score: Not Taken yet

Work Experience:
Working as a SAP BASIS Consultant at IBM India Pvt Ltd. for 3 years and 8 months now.

Educational Qualifications:

Graduation: Completed B.Tech in Computer Science from KIIT University,Bhubaneswar from 2013-2017 with 70% marks.
H.S.C: secured 69% from Science stream from CBSE Board from Delhi Public School, Durg in 2013
S.S.C: secured GPA of 9 from CBSE Board in 2010 ( On a scale of 1 to 10)

Extra Curricular:

IBM Manager's Choice Award-2019 and 2020
• Bronze medal in 400m race and 4x100m Relay race in University Sports meet 2015
3rd Position in Inter University Basketball Tournament 2016
• 4th Position in UDGHOSH-National Level Open Quiz Competition 2016
• Member of College Fashion Society and Quizzing Club
• Winner of Limca Book of Records Quiz 2011- State level
• Winner of Inter School Quiz 2011- District level
• Silver medal in 200m race and 4x100m Relay race at CBSE Athletics Meet 2011-National level
• Winner of Inter School Basketball Tournament 2011-Vice Captain
• Hostel Head Boy of School 2011
• House Captain of School 2010

• Certifications
Microsoft Networking Fundamentals
Microsoft Azure Fundamentals AZ900

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
GMAT 1: 800 Q50 V45
Send PM
Hey MBAkarma

Thanks for getting back to me.

Here's the answer pertaining to my work and trajectory:
    I've worked in a few different domains within my work. Adapting and learning different skills to cater to the new domain.
    Worked on projects with high visibility [millions of customers interact with it daily] and high impact [Generated approximately ~1 billion+ spanning across multiple projects over the years].
    Built several streamlined processes that have been adopted organization wide.
    One of my hackathon project was also adapted and implemented for a large customer segment [Still expanding]
    Also managed to get promoted faster than average.

Considering that I want to secure my chances this year, is there anything you'd recommend I could work on (other than my GMAT score?).

MBAkarma wrote:
Hello nanoname

Even though you belong to the IT pool, some of the elements can help you really stand out. Past academic scores are good, FAANG brand will surely help. More than that, some of your achievements are really worth talking about in the essays- Hackathon, startup will make for strong stories and help you differentiate yourself from the average IT applicant.
Would want to find out more about your work though, how's your career progressed, what are some of the key accomplishments that you want to highlight?
A 720+ will put you in a very good position. Also, it matches with your past academic credentials. A lower score (680-710) though not optimal, I'll still not write you off if you do a solid job on the essays and bring out your work and extracurricular well.

Best
Varun
MBAkarma.com

nanoname wrote:

26 M - Indian

Work Ex & Education:
    12th Standard - 94%
    10th Standard - 10 CGPA

Extra Curriculars:
    Built a digital product, advertised & marketed it - Generated 1500$ Monthly Recurring Revenue - Solo
    Generated an organic following of 18K+ speaking about mental health & psychology - Solo
    President in college club organizing various events, hosting learning sessions, leading a team of 300+ members
    Earned royalty by selling digital assets to companies [some well known] in college [helped me pay for 50-60% of my college expenses]

Honestly, I am a little nervous about the GMAT and my target score, would it be possible to get in even if i score in the range of 680-710?

VP
VP
Send PM
Hello nanoname

Apart from GMAT, key is presenting your candidature.
ISB and top b schools like candidates to have clarity of thought on where they want to head and what realistic gaps can the program fill.
This will include your past (all career choices, major turning points, achievements), present (where have you reached, what are the major skills acquired and what seems missing to motivate you towards an MBA at this stage) and future (what are your long term goals, what are the short term goals that will give you enough learning and experience to transition into that long term goal, how will MBA act as a stepping stone to move into this short term goal).
Career goals narrative will be important (something that's missing here) to tie all this together.

Best
Varun
MBAkarma.com

nanoname wrote:
Hey MBAkarma

Thanks for getting back to me.

Here's the answer pertaining to my work and trajectory:
    I've worked in a few different domains within my work. Adapting and learning different skills to cater to the new domain.
    Worked on projects with high visibility [millions of customers interact with it daily] and high impact [Generated approximately ~1 billion+ spanning across multiple projects over the years].
    Built several streamlined processes that have been adopted organization wide.
    One of my hackathon project was also adapted and implemented for a large customer segment [Still expanding]
    Also managed to get promoted faster than average.

Considering that I want to secure my chances this year, is there anything you'd recommend I could work on (other than my GMAT score?).

MBAkarma wrote:
Hello nanoname

Best
Varun
MBAkarma.com

nanoname wrote:

26 M - Indian

Work Ex & Education:
    12th Standard - 94%
    10th Standard - 10 CGPA

Extra Curriculars:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools: ISB YLP 2019
Send PM
Glad that I found this thread! Would be great if someone could evaluate my profile for ISB (YLP, Done with stage 1, applying for stage 2).

-Class Xth: 10CGPA
-Class XIIth: 94% (Head Boy)
-UG: BITS Pilani (8.43 CGPA with a minor in finance).

Internships:

1. Investment Banking Analyst, J.P. Morgan (6months) [Have a PPO here, will be continuing with this offer]
2. Sales Strategy, Finance Control Intern, Nestle (2 months)
3. Operations Interns, Indian Army's 505 Workshop

Co-Curricular Activities

1. Captain, On Campus Automotive (ATV) team. Grabbed several national level awards under my captaincy
2. Mechanical Lead, Team Hyperloop India (Student competition organised by SpaceX)
3. Secretary, Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE), First "zero investment project, 100% sponsorship money raised
4. Member, Students' Union Council (Elected Representative)

Awards and Accolades:

1. Mantra Award for Outstanding Leadership | BITSAA International | March 2021
2. Revathi Iyer Memorial Award | SAE India Foundation | February 2020
3. Best Technical Paper Award | ADMMS 2020 | October 2019

Misc school level awards, won't be mentioning them in the essays/activities (recency bias?)

Publications:

1. Conceptualization Of Biaxial Tensile Test Setup For Sheet Metal Forming Application Using Fuzzy AN Process
Journal name: Advances in Materials and Processing Technologies | Publication date: Aug 25, 2020
Role: Primary Author

2.Design Analysis and Simulations of Components of an All-Terrain Vehicle
Journal name: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) | 19ADMMS-0438 | Publication date: Jul 23, 2019

Extra Curriculars:

o Writing: Authored two books (2017-2018)
o Music: Playing Bass, Acoustic Guitar & Synth
o Public Speaking: Served as the Secretary General (AMUN 2017), Chairperson (Amity Youth Parliament).
o Basketball: Part of the school team for district level competitions.

No social activities/NGO experience apart from the goodworks activities in J.P. Morgan.

I currently have a GMAT 700.

TIA
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 231 [0]
Given Kudos: 164
Send PM
Please Evaluate my Profile :

1.GMAT Score (Expected to write next month)
2.UnderGrad : (72.4 %ile)
3.12th : 80%
4.10th : 86

Work Experience :

Total Work ex - 5.5yrs

1.Current Work exp: (3.7months)
Working in leading public sector bank as Deputy Manager.

2.Previous Work exp : (2.2yrs)
Worked at one of the Leading IT company as entry level programer analyst. Work basically involved support to client in Enterprise Business software with regular Customer Interaction, End to end support and Cross Functional interaction with Different Teams in USA.

Extracurricular or Interest:
1.Conducted Various Outing and Events in the Office.
2.Events Head for College Groups.
3.Done Several Volunteering and worked as Coordinator for College Events.
4.Active member of Literary Club of my college.

Post MBA
1.Working as Equity Analyst in a leading finance company.

Originally posted by Catman on 21 Jun 2021, 10:16.
Last edited by Catman on 10 Mar 2023, 03:23, edited 1 time in total.
VP
VP
Send PM
Hello Catman

You definitely have shared some interesting points, but there are still some blanks to fill.
Let's start with academics, an estimated GMAT score will make the evaluation complete.
Moving to work experience, the change from IT to banking/finance can be both a strength and weakness depending on your motivations and how you present it in your story. While the public sector banking experience can potentially add diversity, there'll be questions on why you made the shift and why are you looking to get out so soon. I'm sure there must have been some effort and planning in this important career move. Clarity of thought behind such career moves is essential. This will further tie into your post MBA career goals as well.
Extracurricular list is good, but most activities look old and may not add much weight to the application. The certifications can surely be used to your benefit, but these will beg a similar question how do these along with your current work experience fit into your planned career journey (from IT to short stint in banking to MBA to equity analyst).
Along with a high GMAT score, work on a convincing narrative here.

Best
Varun
MBAkarma.com

Catman wrote:
Please Evaluate my Profile :

2.UnderGrad : (72.4 %ile) B.Tech State University
3.12th : 80% (CBSE)
4.10th : 86% (CBSE)

Work Experience :

Total Work ex - 5.5yrs

1.Current Work exp: (3.7months)
Working in leading public sector bank as Deputy Manager .Joined the bank as Probationary officer by clearing national level entrance examination. In the current role , working on different areas such as audit, compliance, risk management, credit management and other areas.

2.Previous Work exp : (2.2yrs)
Worked at one of the Leading IT company as entry level programer analyst. Work basically involved support to client in Enterprise Business software with regular Customer Interaction, End to end support and Cross Functional interaction with Different Teams in USA.

Achievements :
1.Cleared CAIIB (Certified Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers)
2.Cleared Certificate in Commercial Credit by Moody's Analytics
3.Cleared Anti Money Laundering and Know Your Customer by Indian Institute of Banking and Finance
3.Other Certificates related to banking industries
4.Won Several College level Technical and Non Technical Competition.
5.House Captain in class 11th and class 12th in the school.

Extracurricular or Interest:
1.Conducted Various Outing and Events in the Office.
2.Events Head for College Groups.
3.Done Several Volunteering and worked as Coordinator for College Events.
4.Active member of Literary Club of my college.

Post MBA

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 237 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Catman wrote:

This is going to be a crucial determinant Catman.

Quote:
Post MBA

This needs to be discussed and thought through.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 237 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
PranjalShukla wrote:
Glad that I found this thread! Would be great if someone could evaluate my profile for ISB (YLP, Done with stage 1, applying for stage 2).

Internships:

1. Investment Banking Analyst, J.P. Morgan (6months) [Have a PPO here, will be continuing with this offer]

Co-Curricular Activities

1. Captain, On Campus Automotive (ATV) team. Grabbed several national level awards under my captaincy
2. Mechanical Lead, Team Hyperloop India (Student competition organised by SpaceX)
3. Secretary, Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE), First "zero investment project, 100% sponsorship money raised

Awards and Accolades:

Misc school level awards, won't be mentioning them in the essays/activities (recency bias?)

Publications:

1. Conceptualization Of Biaxial Tensile Test Setup For Sheet Metal Forming Application Using Fuzzy AN Process
Journal name: Advances in Materials and Processing Technologies | Publication date: Aug 25, 2020

Journal name: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) | 19ADMMS-0438 | Publication date: Jul 23, 2019

Extra Curriculars:

o Public Speaking: Served as the Secretary General (AMUN 2017), Chairperson (Amity Youth Parliament).

No social activities/NGO experience apart from the goodworks activities in J.P. Morgan.

TIA

Hi PranjalShukla, given that we have a couple of months before stage 2 deadline, see if you would want to explore reappearing in GMAT and pushing that score by 20-30 points. Competition is tough in YLP and every bit helps!

Also, now that you've made a shift from Mechanical engineering to Finance, make sure your application (including your essays) reflect this shift.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools: ISB YLP 2019
Send PM
ISBeacon wrote:
PranjalShukla wrote:

Internships:

Co-Curricular Activities

Awards and Accolades:

Publications:

Extra Curriculars:

TIA

Hi PranjalShukla, given that we have a couple of months before stage 2 deadline, see if you would want to explore reappearing in GMAT and pushing that score by 20-30 points. Competition is tough in YLP and every bit helps!

Also, now that you've made a shift from Mechanical engineering to Finance, make sure your application (including your essays) reflect this shift.

Thank you so much!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Dear David,
Thank you for sharing your profile.
Below is our evaluation of your profile.
GMAT: Average
Academics: Above Average. A perfect GPA is a definite bright spot. To add to it, scholarships and additional certifications are helpful.
Work Experience: Average; While Amazon operations show that you have managed things at scale, a 03-year degree and then just 2 years of professional full time work experience pulls you back to some extent. You need to compensate for the same by demonstrating the following:
• Maturity at work
• Decision making skillset.
• Teamwork
• Impact created within a short span.
• High-quality internships.
Extracurriculars: Above Average. Exposure to different cultures through work as well as academics shows you can jell well in a diverse cohort. Ad coms love applicants who are multi-dimensional – your love for boxing, participation in Toastmasters events, volunteering to teach people and share knowledge etc. demonstrates the “other side of you”.
Post MBA Career goals: In the ‘AS-IS’ form, getting back to Amazon in the same function, seems a little myopic in nature. You need to show a broader vision of why you want to spend ~$200K and devote 18-24 months of your life to pursue a MBA program. You might want to consider swapping your long term and short-term goals.
Choice of Schools:
Achievable: HEC, Yale, LBS, MIT
Stretch: HBS, Wharton, GSB
Please feel free to reach out to me at arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com and /or +91-9701215544 in case you want dedicated guidance with regards to submitting a compelling application.
Cheers and Best of Luck
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Please evaluate my profile.. (Thanks in advance)

Dr. Aashka Shah (B.D.S.)

10th : 94.80%
12th : 81.33%

UG : Collage of Dental Sci. & Research Centre - 69.56% (First Class)
Internship : Collage of Dental Sci. & Research Centre - (October 2017 to October 2018)

Work : Under guidance of Dr. Manesh Patel at his clinic (Since October 2018)
with salary increment of 25%

Awards and Accolades : 2nd prize in Live Dental Model at NDCI (National Dental Conference of India)

Extra Curricular : Singing
Drawing - passed Elementary level exam
Dental Camp Organization
Volleyball - School level team

Social Activities : Associated with NGO
VP
VP
Send PM
Hello Aashi127

You are a diverse candidate owing to your medical background.
To top that, academic scores are decent. What sort of GMAT score are you expecting?
Extracurricular are fine too, just choose one or two to talk about and highlight your impact/contributions.
I think the most important piece in your application is going to be the career goals narrative. Why MBA after medical. If you have a decent GMAT and back this up with a clear and realistic vision of your career goals, you have a strong shot.

Best
Varun
MBAkarma.com

Aashi127 wrote:

Dr. Aashka Shah (B.D.S.)

Internship : Collage of Dental Sci. & Research Centre - (October 2017 to October 2018)

Awards and Accolades : 2nd prize in Live Dental Model at NDCI (National Dental Conference of India)

Dental Camp Organization

Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello Aashi127,

Being a dentist sets you apart from the crowd to some extent. Dentists can do well, and Personal MBA Coach has worked with dentists before. The key here is to show leadership. Your role with the NGO could work here if you assumed a leadership position.

Have you taken the GMAT or GRE? Curious to hear what your score was, as this will impact your candidacy.

You will also want to have clear career goals laid out when applying. While schools will not hold you to what you write in your applications, you should generally be decisive. Personal MBA Coach helps applicants successfully articulate their MBA goals as part of our comprehensive services.

If you’re looking to hire a consultant, feel free to send a note to scott@personalmbacoach.com to discuss how we can help set you up for success at ISB and your other target schools!

Best,
Personal MBA Coach

Aashi127 wrote:

Dr. Aashka Shah (B.D.S.)

Dental Camp Organization

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
MBAkarma wrote:
Hello Aashi127

You are a diverse candidate owing to your medical background.
To top that, academic scores are decent. What sort of GMAT score are you expecting?
Extracurricular are fine too, just choose one or two to talk about and highlight your impact/contributions.
I think the most important piece in your application is going to be the career goals narrative. Why MBA after medical. If you have a decent GMAT and back this up with a clear and realistic vision of your career goals, you have a strong shot.

Best
Varun
MBAkarma.com

Aashi127 wrote:

Dr. Aashka Shah (B.D.S.)

Dental Camp Organization

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  220   221   222   223   224  ...  307