Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 03:50 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 03:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
MBA Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 1036 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]

GMAT Score: Yet to give (What would be the ideal score)

Educational Qualifications:
Graduation: B.Tech in Computer Science from Tier 2 college (3.55 CGPA).
H.S.C: 86.41%- State Board
S.S.C: 80%- CBSE

Work Experience (4 years)+:
Product-based FinTech Firm: Will be starting from August 21 as Technical Architect. The role is mainly of an individual contributor but can also involve stakeholder management. The reason for the change is my work had become too monotonous and there was no professional growth (technical+functional learning) also got passed for promotion twice until this year. And a good salary hike
Consulting Firm (April 19 to July 21): Working as a Business Technology Analyst, recently got promoted, responsible for end to end leading, planning, designing, and development of Business Intelligence solutions on the pharmaceutical domain, also act as a consultant to provide general opinion on newly onboarded BI projects in my client space as I have the highest experience on the BI tool we are using in the client space. I have 3 associates working under me. I am also responsible for training clients on the new tech if the need arises
IT Services Firm (July 17-April 19): Working as a Software Engineering Associate, responsible for designing and developing Business Intelligence solutions, also got an opportunity for presenting team portfolio's during client visits multiple times, giving a demo on various new POC projects to the on-site management, training, and delegation of newly onboarded members.

Leadership Skills:
1. In my current firm, I am the acting lead and tech architect for ensuring end-to-end delivery of BI project where I am responsible for planning, estimating timelines, etc. of the tasks along with delegating them to fellow associates. I am also responsible for training clients on the new tech if the need arises
2. In my previous firm, I was responsible for training some of the newly onboarded team members and deligating a couple of tasks to them.

Extra-Curricular:
1. Acted in a dramatic skit in office annual event.
2. Participated in a robotics workshop during my Graduation and secured 1st position got an opportunity to take part in the finals conducted by IIT Delhi, but couldn't attend as some of the team members were not willing to travel.
3. Conducted a Cloud Computing workshop as a member of Google Club. (Do not have a certificate for that)
4. Conducted the induction session for the first years during my final year in graduation
5. Attend a telecom conference in 2013 where different telco leaders presented their insights on net neutrality and the rise of the 4G.
6. During my 8th Grade, I was in scouts and guides and we were assigned a task for cleaning up the playground as part of the scout's activity.
7. During my 8th Grade, I was selected to play a synthesizer in front of the entire school as part of a band during the annual event.

International Exposure:
No international exposure, but in my current firm I have traveled to domestic offices as I was working on a few projects with the other office team
VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Hello muggergammy

Past academic record seems decent. With your background I'll recommend a 720+ (higher the better).
Work experience looks competitive, but mostly IT means you'll have to show some stellar achievements and career progress in order to stand out.
Another case is the recent job change. This would have to show some deliberate decision making as to why MBA so soon into a new job (you must have made the change considering it a good long term bet). The whole narrative of why MBA at this stage needs to be clear and tie in well with your past (experience), present (decisions) and future (goals).
Since you belong to the over represented and competitive pool of IT applicants, you will have to bring out some diversity. Some of the extracurricular look interesting and can potentially help you stand out if you can show impact and how these have given you transferable skills to succeed professionally and personally. Try to stay away from really old activities as they may not add much weight to the overall application (unless you really feel these are stellar).
Lastly, the most important piece of the admissions puzzle seems missing- career goals. In fact the reasons of your recent change of job should also tie in with your career goals and post MBA journey. Without clear and realistic career goals no application or profile assessment is complete.

To sum it up, definite potential, but many gaps need to be filled up (GMAT, career goals, job change) add success will depend on a convincing narrative.

You may want to read here on what factors work in a profile and here to add to your research on career goals.

Best
Varun Sharma
+918452954888 (https://gmatclub.com/chat)
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

muggergammy wrote:

GMAT Score: Yet to give (What would be the ideal score)

Graduation: B.Tech in Computer Science from Tier 2 college (3.55 CGPA).
H.S.C: 86.41%- State Board
S.S.C: 80%- CBSE

Work Experience (4 years)+:
Product-based FinTech Firm: Will be starting from August 21 as Technical Architect. The role is mainly of an individual contributor but can also involve stakeholder management. The reason for the change is my work had become too monotonous and there was no professional growth (technical+functional learning) also got passed for promotion twice until this year. And a good salary hike
Consulting Firm (April 19 to July 21): Working as a Business Technology Analyst, recently got promoted, responsible for end to end leading, planning, designing, and development of Business Intelligence solutions on the pharmaceutical domain, also act as a consultant to provide general opinion on newly onboarded BI projects in my client space as I have the highest experience on the BI tool we are using in the client space. I have 3 associates working under me. I am also responsible for training clients on the new tech if the need arises
IT Services Firm (July 17-April 19): Working as a Software Engineering Associate, responsible for designing and developing Business Intelligence solutions, also got an opportunity for presenting team portfolio's during client visits multiple times, giving a demo on various new POC projects to the on-site management, training, and delegation of newly onboarded members.

Leadership Skills:
1. In my current firm, I am the acting lead and tech architect for ensuring end-to-end delivery of BI project where I am responsible for planning, estimating timelines, etc. of the tasks along with delegating them to fellow associates. I am also responsible for training clients on the new tech if the need arises
2. In my previous firm, I was responsible for training some of the newly onboarded team members and deligating a couple of tasks to them.

Extra-Curricular:
1. Acted in a dramatic skit in office annual event.
2. Participated in a robotics workshop during my Graduation and secured 1st position got an opportunity to take part in the finals conducted by IIT Delhi, but couldn't attend as some of the team members were not willing to travel.
3. Conducted a Cloud Computing workshop as a member of Google Club. (Do not have a certificate for that)
4. Conducted the induction session for the first years during my final year in graduation
5. Attend a telecom conference in 2013 where different telco leaders presented their insights on net neutrality and the rise of the 4G.
6. During my 8th Grade, I was in scouts and guides and we were assigned a task for cleaning up the playground as part of the scout's activity.
7. During my 8th Grade, I was selected to play a synthesizer in front of the entire school as part of a band during the annual event.

International Exposure:
No international exposure, but in my current firm I have traveled to domestic offices as I was working on a few projects with the other office team

Posted from my mobile device
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Expert Reply
harish555 wrote:
Hi ,
Academics :
10th standard- 520 - 87%
XII standard- 876 - 87.6%
BTech - Electronics and Communication Stream. Percentage-68%
PGDM in Marketing and Finance . Percentage-3.8% out of 5.
Work experience- 10 years . 2.6 years in Hdfc bank, 7.6 years in PSB Union Bank of India.
Present position- Senior Manager
Role - Regional marketing department Head
Hobbies- Travelling
Goals / objectives after ISB - To work for a consultancy firm which can provide me a sufficient space and freedom to provide solutions to different clients from different sectors. As I have an experience of 10 years in retail credit and also with sufficient knowledge that I would get from ISB, I hope I can bring value addition to the client firms in resolving their operarational, marketing and financial issues.
I am expecting that I would get 650 Gmat score.
I am happy to know the response on my profile .

Hey harish555!

To begin with, I would first like to start the evaluation with your academics, that said, since ISB is one of the most competitive schools in India for an MBA, 68 percent during your undergraduate and 3.8 out of 5 in PGDM falls slightly on the lower end. However, since you have 10 years of work experience, this should not be a concern for you as the school will place more emphasis on the work experience than previous grades. In order to showcase your academic prowess, you should take your GMAT preparation up a notch and target a minimum score of 720 to effectively target ISB.

When it comes to your professional experiences, you have a very strong case for yourself. You have 10 years of experience with reputed brands such as HDFC and PSB Union Bank, where you have also held managerial positions. But you should be cognizant of the fact that you will be competing against applicants with similar backgrounds from other well-known brands. So, in order to stand out from the crowd, you'll need to create a well-groomed profile. Here you can elaborate on how your actions and willingness to go above and beyond have influenced the organisation - projects you have undertaken, or leadership positions you have held. You can also shed light on extracurricular activities to boost your profile. This will include any CSR initiatives implemented by the companies for which you have worked, as well as any certification courses you did to upskill yourself .

All things considered, based on the information you've provided, you have 40% chances of admission to the ISB MBA program, which will fall under the dream category.

That said, in order to increase your chances of getting admitted to this school, you would need to ensure that you have a very strong application that highlights your strengths and overshadows your weaknesses like low GPAs or academic grades in the past. You need to showcase your journey, what makes you different from your peers, and how you are a great value addition to the school.

Therefore, in lieu of that, I would recommend you to check out our flagship ALL-IN-ONE service, which has helped 3500+ applicants get into their dream schools. You would also be entitled to end-to-end consulting combined with unlimited edits on your application documents. Not only this, you’d be consulted by a top B-school alumnus who’d be helping you directly with your application process, right from finalizing the right schools and submitting an impactful application to the school to preparing you for the interview and bagging scholarships!

Link to our All-In-One Solution-

https://www.mim-essay.com/mim-all-in-one

Hope this helped!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V32
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB:

GMAT Score: 720

Graduation: Completed B.Sc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration from IHM Pusa, New Delhi with 70%.
12th: secured 88% from Science stream from CBSE in 2013.
10th: secured 80% from CBSE in 2011.

Work Experience:
Working with 2nd largest international hotel chain in the world (Same company for 60 months)
Have worked in customer service at front desk as Duty Manager
Current role in commercial services in Business analytics as Revenue Manager

Extra Curricular:
Minimum volunteering certificates.
Assisted in Successfully setting up a cloud kitchen
E-sports
Cycling and F1 enthusiast
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
    Target GMAT score: 720+
    •Nationality: Indian Male
    •Work experience: 3 years as a System Engineer at an MNC. published a research paper at IEEE during UG.
    •Under Grad: B.Tech (Electronics and communication) 7.3/10 CGPA
    •12th- 79.6%
    •10th-9.0 CGPA
    •Currently pursuing- advanced management program in business analytics from ISB
    •Extracurricular: dance teams in school and college, yoga practitioner, kickboxing
    •Schools: Not yet decided
    •Short term goal: work in the field of business analytics
    •Long term goal: work on a solution to provide online mental health consultation

Situation-
    1. I am pursuing the business analytics course from ISB and growing my learning in this field. So, I am thinking of gaining experience in it till 2022 and grow my experience for 4.5 yrs before applying to isb for their MBA program in 2023.

2. should I go for an MBA degree next year only or look for another school?

Questions-
    which college and which program should I go for to grow myself to go for my long-term goal(online mental health consultation)?
    I would like to go from a techno-functional to a management role in a company working on something similar and grow myself.
    Intern
    Intern
    Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
    Given Kudos: 7
    Send PM
    Kudos
    Respected seniors , alums & fellow mates !

Target GMAT Score: 690-700( WHAT SCORE SHOULD I TARGET?)

Post Graduation : Diploma Marine Engineering 70%
    Graduation: Completed B.E in Mechanical Engineering 69%.
    H.S.C: secured 82% from CBSE affiliated Delhi Public School
    S.S.C: secured 84% from CBSE affiliated Delhi Public School

Work Experience:
    Working as marine engineering onboard foreign going merchant vessels ( A Merchant Navy professional). 4 Years of experience

What is my chance of getting into ISB ?
    Apart from profile evaluation , can I get in touch of an alum which was a mariner & shared MBA ride in ISB?
    MBA OR EXECUTIVE MBA ? DURATION 1 YEAR OR 2 YEAR ?
    VP
    VP
    Send PM
    Hello Mraax

Your profile is very diverse and unique due to your industry and education background.
    Do share details on how your career has progressed and what are some of the key achievements.
    A decent GMAT is a cherry on the cake (no pun intended).
    What would be interesting to know is what are your career goals and how does ISB fit into the whole career journey.
    If you have a solid answer to this, an interview invite doesn't look too tough.

Best
    Varun
    MBAkarma.com

Mraax wrote:
    Hi,

GMAT Score: 720

Graduation: Completed B.Sc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration from IHM Pusa, New Delhi with 70%.
    12th: secured 88% from Science stream from CBSE in 2013.
    10th: secured 80% from CBSE in 2011.

Work Experience:
    Working with 2nd largest international hotel chain in the world (Same company for 60 months)
    Have worked in customer service at front desk as Duty Manager
    Current role in commercial services in Business analytics as Revenue Manager

Extra Curricular:
    Minimum volunteering certificates.
    Assisted in Successfully setting up a cloud kitchen
    E-sports
    Cycling and F1 enthusiast

VP
    VP
    Send PM
    Hello shashankrawat

Broadly speaking, marine engineers are at an advantage due to their diverse background, team leading skills, ability to perform under pressure and unique situations.
    Also, an MBA is probably one of the best ways for a marine engineer to get into the corporate life.
    A 700 will hold you in a good light (higher the better).
    Career goals wise also, many opportunities come to such candidates (Amazon pathways program being a top recruiter, Google about it).
    Over the last few years marine engineers applicants have been increasing as the opportunities have grown.
    Looking at your age, I'd recommend a one year program. ISB, IIMB have a decent record placing such students into various operations roles.
    I have worked with several marine engineers in the past and many have had scores between 620-680.
    If you wish to get in touch with someone or have other questions, feel free to PM.

Best
    Varun
    MBAkarma.com

shashankrawat wrote:

Work Experience:
    Working as marine engineering onboard foreign going merchant vessels ( A Merchant Navy professional). 4 Years of experience

Apart from profile evaluation , can I get in touch of an alum which was a mariner & shared MBA ride in ISB?

VP
    VP
    Send PM
    Hello shashankrawat

Broadly speaking, marine engineers are at an advantage due to their diverse background, team leading skills, ability to perform under pressure and unique situations.
    Also, an MBA is probably one of the best ways for a marine engineer to get into the corporate life.
    A 700 will hold you in a good light (higher the better).
    Career goals wise also, many opportunities come to such candidates (Amazon pathways program being a top recruiter, Google about it).
    Over the last few years marine engineers applicants have been increasing as the opportunities have grown.
    Looking at your age, I'd recommend a one year program. ISB, IIMB have a decent record placing such students into various operations roles.
    I have worked with several marine engineers in the past and many have had scores between 620-680.
    If you wish to get in touch with someone or have other questions, feel free to PM.

Best
    Varun
    MBAkarma.com

shashankrawat wrote:

Work Experience:

VP
    VP
    Own Kudos [?]: 213 [1]
    Send PM
    Kudos
    Hello sourav1995

Overall profile is quite balanced and checks most boxes.
    GMAT, academic scores are decent.
    On work front, would be interesting to know how your career/roles have progressed and what are the important accomplishments you want to highlight.
    Research paper will add value and course at ISB can be a good talking point, especially highlighting why ISB.
    Extracurricular activities are also looking good and will add brownie points if presented well. Make sure you talk about the transferable skills gained from these activities and how they'll help you in other areas of life (personal or professional) and help add value to the experience of your batch mates inside and outside the classroom.
    Now let's move to the question mark- career goals.
    One question on adcom's mind will be that if you wish to make a career in mental health, how will ISB/MBA make that a reality, what sort of roles or companies are you targeting for this. What life/career decisions have you already taken that make you feel that MBA is the right step now to fulfill this goal.
    Clear answers to this will also help get clarity whether you should apply this year or next (or at all).

Best
    Varun
    MBAkarma.com

sourav1995 wrote:
      Target GMAT score: 720+
      •Nationality: Indian Male
      •Work experience: 3 years as a System Engineer at an MNC. published a research paper at IEEE during UG.
      •Under Grad: B.Tech (Electronics and communication) 7.3/10 CGPA
      •12th- 79.6%
      •10th-9.0 CGPA
      •Extracurricular: dance teams in school and college, yoga practitioner, kickboxing
      •Schools: Not yet decided
      •Short term goal: work in the field of business analytics
      •Long term goal: work on a solution to provide online mental health consultation

Situation-
      1. I am pursuing the business analytics course from ISB and growing my learning in this field. So, I am thinking of gaining experience in it till 2022 and grow my experience for 4.5 yrs before applying to isb for their MBA program in 2023.

2. should I go for an MBA degree next year only or look for another school?

Questions-
      which college and which program should I go for to grow myself to go for my long-term goal(online mental health consultation)?
      I would like to go from a techno-functional to a management role in a company working on something similar and grow myself.

Intern
      Intern
      Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
      Given Kudos: 31
      GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
      GPA: 3.81
      Send PM
      Please Evaluate my Profile :

1.GMAT Score (Expected to write next month)
      2.UnderGrad : (9.44 cgpa) B.E.
      (Secured Silver Medal --> 2nd Rank in Branch)
      3.12th : 79% (I.S.C)
      4.10th : 83% (I.C.S.E)

Work Experience :

Total Work ex - 3.7yrs
      1.Current Work exp: (6months)
      Working in one of the World's Best Automotive Company. In the current role , working on Software and hardware Development with different stake holder management,procurement,supplier interaction,critical decision on Development costs and timelines management.
      Work Involves close collabration and interaction with German, US and Japanese Counterparts.
      2.Previous Work exp : (3.5yrs)
      Worked at one of the Leading German Manufacturer. Work basically involved Full SW development with regular Customer Interaction, End to end SW delivery and Cross Functional interaction with Different Teams in Europe.

Achievements :
      1.Bronze Award from Organisation for Excellent CrossFunctional Support.
      2.Several Awards from the Managers for Work and Efficiency.
      3.One of the youngest in the department to Get Promoted to next level.
      3.Secured 2nd rank in B.E.
      4.Best project Award for Final Year project.
      5.Won Several College level Technical and Non Technical Competition.
      6.Secured 24th Rank in the City in National Science Olympiad.
      7.School 10th Boards Topper in Economics.

ExtraCurricular or Interest:
      1.Conducted Various Outing and Events in the Office.
      2.Events Head for College Groups.
      3.Done Several Volunteering and worked as Coordinator for College Events.
      4.Part of a NGO and development organisation in the 11th and 12th Grade.

Post MBA
      1.Working as a Product Manager in an IT,Ecommerce or FMCG.
      GMAT Club Legend
      GMAT Club Legend
      Status:GMAT/GRE Tutor l Admission Consultant l On-Demand Course creator
      Own Kudos [?]: 13405 [0]
      Given Kudos: 124
      GMAT: QUANT+DI EXPERT
      Schools: IIM (A) ISB '24
      GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V41
      WE:Education (Education)
      Send PM
      Expert Reply
      shashankrawat
      With score 700, Your chances for ISB will be 99% :)
      Just do justice with Application essays and the interview. :)

With profile of candidates such as yours and GMAT 700, we have had history of 100% conversion.

To get in touch with a mariner, you must do some searching on Linked-In or post them a mail to ask whether they can connect someone with similar background. Adcom usually does it well.

I don't think, an executive MBA is the right decision for you right now. MBA is a better option.

Get TOPICWISE: Concept Videos | Practice Qns 100+ | Official Qns 50+ | 100% Video solution CLICK.
      Two MUST join YouTube channels : GMATinsight (1000+ FREE Videos) and GMATclub :)

shashankrawat wrote:

Work Experience:

Intern
      Intern
      Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
      Given Kudos: 17
      Send PM
      Please evaluate my profile

Background and nationality: Revankumar, 23 years, Indian Male

Undergrad Information: [3.3 out of 4] or [7.5 out of 10] - B.Tech from NIT Trichy (Majors in Computer Science and Engineering and minors in Management) (Tier-I college, ranked 9 in the National Rankings of India)

GMAT: Haven't given the exam yet (Aiming for 700+)

Work experience and leadership: 2 years (as of date)

Industrial experience:-
      Software Engineer II, Hewlett Packard Enterprise (2 years+)
      - Piloted the Build System Verification Project
      - Created documentations to help out freshers, Participate in Hackathons regularly)
      - Participated in Hackathons conducted by the company
      Research and Development Intern, Hewlett Packard Enterprise (2 months)
      - Pioneered the Triage automation Project which reduced the triage timing by more than 95%.
      Software Development and Graphic Designer Intern, Skillveri Solutions Pvt. Ltd (2 months)
      - Developed Windows Application and designed a reports engine from scratch for the product SkillVeri Aura
      - Designed all the graphic icons used in the product
      Data Analyst Intern, Technosoft Corporation Ltd.
      - Analysed and extracted patterns from the Denial Data set provided as part of the US Healthcare Revenue Cycle Management business

Undergraduate extracurriculars:-
      Core Member and Head of Team Quality Assurance of Pragyan 2019, College's Techno-managerial organisation
      - Headed a team of 40 organisers; Responsible for 8+ patonages including UNESCO
      - Responsible for acquisition of ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 20121:2012
      - Internal Quality Auditor for the ISO Certifications
      Under-Secretary General of Quality Assurance for the MUN conducted by the Tech fest
      Senior Graphic Designer of College's Official Magazine, Cultural and Tech Fests, Department Symposiums
      - Mentored close to 30 Junior Graphic Designers
      Workshops Co-ordinator and Organising Committee Member in Cultural Fest
      Student Secretary for the University hostel

High School:
      Winner of the environmental quiz conducted by Petroleum Conservation and Research Organisation, Government of India Ltd.
      Awarded Special Merit Certificate for outstanding performance and obtaining Grade A1 in AISSE 2013.
      Awarded Special Merit Certificate for being among the top 0.1% of successful candidates in Mathematics of AISSCE 2015
      Recipient of Academic Achievement Scholarship for top 350 outstading performers in JEE offered by NLC Ltd
      Recipient of INSPIRE Scholarship for being among the top 1% percent of successful candidates in Mathematics of AISSCE 2015.

Graduation: 3.3/4; 12th grade: 94.5%; 10th grade: 100%

Community and others: Volunteering for charity events & its fundraising events, Teaching kids at orphanages and conducting events for them, Mentoring incoming junior students

Post MBA goals: Tech Industry soon after MBA and entering into the entrpreneurship domain later down the line

[b]Target:[/b] ISB and Top 15-20 Business Schools in USA

1) What is the target GMAT score that I should aim for?
      2) My short term goal after MBA is to get into the Tech Industry whereas the long term goal is to get into entrepreneurship domain in Waste Management (which is different from the IT Tech Industry). How do I approach the SOP for admissions explaining both the targets?
      VP
      VP
      Send PM
      Hello shubhamsinha007

I feel GMAT is the only missing element here, I hope you're aiming 720+, as that will make you a strong contender.
      Work experience looks good, the brand on the CV (though not mentioned) should help. Use the cross cultural experience to show what you have learned and how will you apply this in other areas of your life. I'm sure you'll have decent stories to tell and portray the impact of your contributions.
      Extracurricular activities look old, and I'd be careful in picking some of these.
      Career goals are sorted as PM with your experience is a pretty realistic goal to have. Just make sure to show why now is the right time and a fit with ISB.

Best
      Varun
      MBAkarma.com

shubhamsinha007 wrote:
      Please Evaluate my Profile :

1.GMAT Score (Expected to write next month)
      2.UnderGrad : (9.44 cgpa) B.E.
      (Secured Silver Medal --> 2nd Rank in Branch)
      3.12th : 79% (I.S.C)
      4.10th : 83% (I.C.S.E)

Work Experience :

Total Work ex - 3.7yrs
      1.Current Work exp: (6months)
      Working in one of the World's Best Automotive Company. In the current role , working on Software and hardware Development with different stake holder management,procurement,supplier interaction,critical decision on Development costs and timelines management.
      Work Involves close collabration and interaction with German, US and Japanese Counterparts.
      2.Previous Work exp : (3.5yrs)
      Worked at one of the Leading German Manufacturer. Work basically involved Full SW development with regular Customer Interaction, End to end SW delivery and Cross Functional interaction with Different Teams in Europe.

Achievements :
      1.Bronze Award from Organisation for Excellent CrossFunctional Support.
      2.Several Awards from the Managers for Work and Efficiency.
      3.One of the youngest in the department to Get Promoted to next level.
      3.Secured 2nd rank in B.E.
      4.Best project Award for Final Year project.
      5.Won Several College level Technical and Non Technical Competition.
      6.Secured 24th Rank in the City in National Science Olympiad.
      7.School 10th Boards Topper in Economics.

ExtraCurricular or Interest:
      1.Conducted Various Outing and Events in the Office.
      2.Events Head for College Groups.
      3.Done Several Volunteering and worked as Coordinator for College Events.
      4.Part of a NGO and development organisation in the 11th and 12th Grade.

Post MBA
      1.Working as a Product Manager in an IT,Ecommerce or FMCG.

VP
      VP
      Send PM
      Hello Revankumar

With a software background and 2 years work experience, I'd recommend a 720+ on the GMAT for ISB and higher for top 15 US schools.
      The career progression and achievements in these two years must be strong enough to stand out within the largest and most competitive pool of applicants.
      Extracurricular list is long, but I'd rely less on the school/university activities (unless there's something stellar to highlight).
      Lastly on career goals, not sure if I'm missing something in the post, but the adcom will be interested to know that what role will an MBA play in helping you make a transition into a career in waste management. Have you done something on these lines in the past and reached a stage where you feel that an MBA will fill the skill gap. Also how will the short term goal of being in tech act as a stepping stone to reach this goal.

To conclude, work on building certain spikes in the profile to stand out in the Indian IT crowd and make sure your goals are clear, realistic and organic.

Best
      Varun
      MBAkarma.com

Revankumar wrote:
      Please evaluate my profile

Background and nationality: Revankumar, 23 years, Indian Male

Undergrad Information: [3.3 out of 4] or [7.5 out of 10] - B.Tech from NIT Trichy (Majors in Computer Science and Engineering and minors in Management) (Tier-I college, ranked 9 in the National Rankings of India)

GMAT: Haven't given the exam yet (Aiming for 700+)

Work experience and leadership: 2 years (as of date)

Industrial experience:-
      Software Engineer II, Hewlett Packard Enterprise (2 years+)
      - Piloted the Build System Verification Project
      - Created documentations to help out freshers, Participate in Hackathons regularly)
      - Participated in Hackathons conducted by the company
      Research and Development Intern, Hewlett Packard Enterprise (2 months)
      - Pioneered the Triage automation Project which reduced the triage timing by more than 95%.
      Software Development and Graphic Designer Intern, Skillveri Solutions Pvt. Ltd (2 months)
      - Developed Windows Application and designed a reports engine from scratch for the product SkillVeri Aura
      - Designed all the graphic icons used in the product
      Data Analyst Intern, Technosoft Corporation Ltd.
      - Analysed and extracted patterns from the Denial Data set provided as part of the US Healthcare Revenue Cycle Management business

Undergraduate extracurriculars:-
      Core Member and Head of Team Quality Assurance of Pragyan 2019, College's Techno-managerial organisation
      - Headed a team of 40 organisers; Responsible for 8+ patonages including UNESCO
      - Responsible for acquisition of ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 20121:2012
      - Internal Quality Auditor for the ISO Certifications
      Under-Secretary General of Quality Assurance for the MUN conducted by the Tech fest
      Senior Graphic Designer of College's Official Magazine, Cultural and Tech Fests, Department Symposiums
      - Mentored close to 30 Junior Graphic Designers
      Workshops Co-ordinator and Organising Committee Member in Cultural Fest
      Student Secretary for the University hostel

High School:
      Winner of the environmental quiz conducted by Petroleum Conservation and Research Organisation, Government of India Ltd.
      Awarded Special Merit Certificate for outstanding performance and obtaining Grade A1 in AISSE 2013.
      Awarded Special Merit Certificate for being among the top 0.1% of successful candidates in Mathematics of AISSCE 2015
      Recipient of Academic Achievement Scholarship for top 350 outstading performers in JEE offered by NLC Ltd
      Recipient of INSPIRE Scholarship for being among the top 1% percent of successful candidates in Mathematics of AISSCE 2015.

Graduation: 3.3/4; 12th grade: 94.5%; 10th grade: 100%

Community and others: Volunteering for charity events & its fundraising events, Teaching kids at orphanages and conducting events for them, Mentoring incoming junior students

Post MBA goals: Tech Industry soon after MBA and entering into the entrpreneurship domain later down the line

[b]Target:[/b] ISB and Top 15-20 Business Schools in USA

1) What is the target GMAT score that I should aim for?
      2) My short term goal after MBA is to get into the Tech Industry whereas the long term goal is to get into entrepreneurship domain in Waste Management (which is different from the IT Tech Industry). How do I approach the SOP for admissions explaining both the targets?

Intern
      Intern
      Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
      Given Kudos: 31
      GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
      GPA: 3.81
      Send PM
      Thank you very much Varun for your valuable feedback. I will surely keep these points in my mind.
      Couldnt disclose the company name but yes i have good stories and connections with people across the glob with whom i have worked. So will try to put it together in the essays.

Once again thank you🙂

Intern
      Intern
      Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
      Given Kudos: 5
      Send PM
      Hi ,
      Please review my profile for ISB.

8 Years of work experience in Automotive R&D. Having international experience (Italy, Japan, Mexico). Currently located in Mexico for more than 2 years .
      B-Tech in Electrical Engineering with 77% WBUT.
      M-Tech in Electrical Systems with 83% NIT Durgapur.
      4 publications in IEEE and international journals.

Extracurricular:

1. Singing
      2. Was a member in college band.
      3. Organized events in college fests.

10th - 77%,12th - 67% WBCHSE
      Expecting GMAT- 680+

Regards,
      Sayan
      GMAT Club Bot
         1  ...  219   220   221   222   223  ...  307