Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 18:25 It is currently 06 May 2024, 18:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I have read on the web site that you can take GMAT later - but mention the date you are retaking in essay 4.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
kingster wrote:
I will be very surprised if scores later than that will be accepted. also its not neccessary for them to "extend" the deadline -NOTE they did not say extended till a particular DATE

Well, I heard many people taking GMAT at the later date and can still report the new scores to adcom. You can basically take GMAT and fax in unofficial score anytime before the decision is made.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm retaking the GMAT before the re-application date of Sept 15th, while it would be lovely to have a couple extra months to study I have a feeling that they respect applicants that get all of their information in on time- that is unless you can crack 780 :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
well thats good then - more power to you...i just was playing on the conservative side...if you can take the GMAT later - great! nothing like more time to study for that exam :lol:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Cranfield SOM
 Q46  V40
Send PM
[#permalink]
I think you definitely need to send in a GMAT score by the deadline. You can always say that you will be retaking the GMAT and that will be additional info they will consider while evaluating your apps.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
scorpioguy wrote:
I think you definitely need to send in a GMAT score by the deadline. You can always say that you will be retaking the GMAT and that will be additional info they will consider while evaluating your apps.

correct. that's exactly how Langone system works. you can submit 600, then retake and if you get 700, adcom will consider your new score.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
they will consider 700 provided they NOT made a decision already on your app...i am sure they won't wait to issue a decision till your score gets in....if it gets in BEFORE they make a decision - GOOD FOR YOU! if not, then one of 2 things
a) u get placed at the bottom of the pile so that they wait for your scores meanwhile making other decisions first - NOT GOOD since seats fill up!

b) they make a decision based on the score u submitted initially

.... i find it very hard to believe that they will wait patiently for your score to get in at any time AFTER the deadline....the extension of deadline occurs till an unknown date...meaning they could pull the plug anytime!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
hi all, is 640 a good enough gmat score for langone? assuming everything else is pretty good?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
NYU Application - Optional Essay? [#permalink]
Hey Guys -

Applying for Langone Spring 2008 and am having a really difficult time trying to figure out what to write in my optional essay.

Stats:
1. 660 GMAT
2. 5 Years of Works Experience in Entertainment and Mobile
3. 3.35 Undergraduate GPA

Any thoughts?

Amit
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
Amit,

I don't think you need to explain anything in your stats. GPA is fine, GMAT is in the range. So unless you have something else to explain, I wouldn't include one.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
 Q51  V38
Send PM
[#permalink]
I plan to apply for Langone spring 2008 too.

But I am running about 10 days late in my app preparation and I was wondering how would that affect my chances for spring 2008.

I plan to write my GMAT before sep 25 and to apply before oct 1. It's going to be a mad rush, but I'll get it done somehow. If I have to write GMAT and apply before 15th, I would be compromising on both my essays and my GMAT score to a large extent and I certainly dont want to do that.

The only excuse I can give them is that I got approval from my company pretty late.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Cranfield SOM
 Q46  V40
Send PM
[#permalink]
I would advice to submit the application on time after completing GMAT. You can say on essay 4 that you will be retaking the GMAT, in case you do not score as expected in the first try.

There is no guarantee that Stern will accept apps after Sep 15.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Applying for Spring 08 [#permalink]
I am applying for Spring 08, no other schools. Does anyone know how many slots they are trying to fill?

Btw, I see that most ppl put their stats, mine are:
24 Female Minority
Gmat 690
Gpa 3.4
3 years work experience Finance/Advertising
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Spring 2007 - 282 [#permalink]
Fall 2006 446 students
Spring 2007 282 students

I got this info from a recent admission session. BTW, What is your location preference ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks. My preference is weeknights washington sq. I can't do westchester at all
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kaplan & Actual GMAT [#permalink]
Guys, Just wanted to check the difference in your Kaplan GMAT and Actual GMAT Scores. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
recommendation [#permalink]
To those fellow aspirants -

Not much of an activity going on in this thread. I guess every one busy getting their apps ready. I have a question on recommendation letters.

How descriptive should be the Recommendation letters ? For each of the four questions, two to three liner answer is ok OR should the answers be very descriptive and highlighting many things ?

Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
recommendation [#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  38