Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 16:01 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools:Attending Stanford
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling Stanford Fall 2008 Applicants [#permalink]
Wanderlustman, are you going to Wharton? I just signed my lease.

I hate being wait-listed...It makes you feel like, had you applied two years ago, you would have gotten in.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
I haven't heard anything. I don't think they will release any details until May 23rd. My understanding is that a handful will be accepted, most will be rejected, and a few will remain on the waitlist. Personally, I am not that worried about it. While I would obviously prefer to get in, I am getting promoted in the next month or two to a post-MBA position anyway. So if I don't make it this year, I feel confident about reapplying in October.

Good luck to everyone on the waitlist. elhajoui, if you don't make it, don't feel too bad -- Wharton is an amazing school. Based on your profile, you are going to do well regardless where you go.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Concentration: Consultant
Schools:HBS '10
Send PM
Of the 4 people I met at HBS sell weekend who were admitted to HBS/Stanford, 3 of them are going to HBS.

Hope that makes you feel better :)
Current Student
Send PM
Hmmm... Big-O, I think we got different perspectives on the numbers at our respective Admit Weekends :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Big-O wrote:
Of the 4 people I met at HBS sell weekend who were admitted to HBS/Stanford, 3 of them are going to HBS.

Hope that makes you feel better :)

What idiots ......... (No disrespect to the big H)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Waiting for a ding tomorrow! Yay!
Current Student
Send PM
Dammit elhaj, when I saw you'd posted I hoped you'd gotten through.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for all the wait-listers...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
most likely a ding for me as well. Or maybe the good ol' "please stay on the waitlist"
Manager
Manager
Send PM
So are you going to W. or not?! Seriously, we should go get drunk together during the first week of Pre-Term at W. if we both get dinged by S. tomorrow. :-)

I am pissed but my Alma Mater still ain't that shabby after all...Plus the girls in Philly are hotter...Ok maybe not.

Heck I could have ended at my safety (one of the three schools that claim a top 5 spot :-))) )

Cheer up!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
decisions are posted . got waitlisted again!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re-waitlisted...Me and 50 other kids. DARN. SO CLOSE. DARN.

Thank you for your consideration in remaining on the Stanford MBA Program waitlist over the past few months. You remain a compelling candidate for admission to the MBA Class of 2010. As of today, however, we cannot offer you a place in the class.

We have culled the waitlist to approximately 50 applicants, and we would like you to remain a candidate for admission. We will provide you with an update every two weeks. The next waitlist update will be 6 June 2008.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
elha...you and I. I'm making my plans to head to Wharton. Gotta start looking for an apartment for now and keep hoping but need to start moving the ship.
Current Student
Send PM
Waitlisted again..(Awesome)...MADNESS
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Based on last year, Stanford trims the waitlist down to 15 people by mid- to late-June...

Think there's anything we can do at this point to push for our application?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
i am out of the race. good luck to those of you still on the list.

i am going to reapply next year. any thoughts on round 1 vs round 2? i am probably going to have to retake the gmat -- i guess low 700s did not get it done. i definitely have some room to improve in the math section. given that i am studying for the level 3 CFA exam right now, i am probably not going to even think about the GMAT before july. might be a tight squeeze to try to fire off a quality application by october. will i be at a serious disadvantage as a round 2 applicant?

anticipated improvements prior to next application:
1) finish CFA (this is my alternate quant-oriented transcript)
2) get promoted (contingent on CFA) to VP at my firm (youngest and fastest rising ever, if it happens)
3) add 40-50 points to my GMAT score
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sudden, that sucks i'm sorry. best of luck in whatever you decide. did you get in anywhere else but are going to reapply instead to S again next year?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Analytic Finance, Economics and Strategic Management
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
sudden wrote:
i am out of the race. good luck to those of you still on the list.

i am going to reapply next year. any thoughts on round 1 vs round 2? i am probably going to have to retake the gmat -- i guess low 700s did not get it done. i definitely have some room to improve in the math section. given that i am studying for the level 3 CFA exam right now, i am probably not going to even think about the GMAT before july. might be a tight squeeze to try to fire off a quality application by october. will i be at a serious disadvantage as a round 2 applicant?

anticipated improvements prior to next application:
1) finish CFA (this is my alternate quant-oriented transcript)
2) get promoted (contingent on CFA) to VP at my firm (youngest and fastest rising ever, if it happens)
3) add 40-50 points to my GMAT score

Sudden I'm Really sorry for that, but in Stanford's case, I honestly Really don't believe that GMAT is what matter (HUGE DISCLAIMER - I MAY BE WRONG).

I'm finishing something I want to write in my profile to kind of "prove my case" in my case I'll let here :roll: .

As someone stated here - I'm sorry I don't remember who was it - S GSB could fill up their classes with 760+ people, with good stats and amazing personal histories. With a 380 or so intake, and Stanford's brand (as strong as Harvard), it's kind of easy. However, they are at around the 720-730, and you know why? Because they want different kind of people - IMHO.

The CEO from the company I work for - which will sponsor my MBA at C GSB - was a little pissed because it's been almost a decade since Stanford have accepted a single person from our company (no matter if sponsored or not) and he's an Alumni from Stanford U. He asked some current students what was going on, and one of them said: your company is focused on hierarchy, promotions, and profits; nothing is about "changing the world".

I talked to terry when I was in Boston at MIT's AdMIT weekend and I told him that: "Man I'd like to go to Stanford, but I don't think I'll change the world". And from what I talked to people that got into S GSB (Terry, and 3 other people - apart from their staff people) they really care about that somehow.

Stanford really cares about your impact to the world, it doesn't matter what you're doing, but I'd say that it matters what you will do. If you're older, it's going to be tough, not impossible, but tough, because, you know we older people are lazy :shock: we care about family, spouses, friends, we "can't stand" 80 hours week work hours...

Anyway, I'm just trying to say that GMAT is the least problem at Stanford, I know 2 people who got there with -700...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts