Last visit was: 29 May 2024, 18:23 It is currently 29 May 2024, 18:23
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8  ...  30   
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 368 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Oxford
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 235 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:St Gallen, Cambridge, HEC Montreal
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Re: Oxbridge 2009 applicants [#permalink]
Good luck, Lumone!
First page is updated with your stats.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 298 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:Oxford'10
 Q49  V37
Send PM
two other forums are reporting 1 additional interview and 1 ding for JBS R1.0. That email is coming soon guys/gals. I am dying here just thinking.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Hi Buffdaddy and everybody here,

Yes, it seems the date is close. Aside from 1 invite yesterday (info from BW forums), there are already 4 dings today (info from pagalguy) - and some for people with really strong profiles and GMATs.
Director
Director
 Q49  V37
Send PM
Hi Greenoak,

it's 2am in Auckland, and Pagalguy's ongoing tally of dings today is keeping me up too.

i am worried.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q49  V42
Send PM
I know that to advise you to relax and get some sleep would be useless, as I can hardly sleep myself these days. I'm in Eastern Europe; it's 15:15 here - no big difference from the UK time.
Anyways, let's keep faith. Our life will not end regardless of the result (I needed to write it to believe it...)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Friends!!!
Just received an interview invite from Cambridge! I'm so happy! Couldn't believe my eyes!
So there is hope for the rest of you here!
P.S. They did not specify the date: 24 of Nov or 1 Dec. I think I am allowed to choose?
Director
Director
 Q49  V37
Send PM
congratulations greenoak!! goodluck!

no such luck for me

i've been WL'ed on some sort of a preInterview wait list

-buff
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Many thanks Buff! I was really sorry to hear about the wl. It seems that the year is very bad, with those people with 750 and 770 being dinged. But the WL is still better than the ding. Also, not all people have confirmed that they will be attending the interview. Or perhaps some of them will be refused the UK visitor visa (I'm afraid it's rather high probability in my case). So, maybe, pre-int wl means that they will invite you on short notice.
Director
Director
 Q49  V37
Send PM
greenoak wrote:
Many thanks Buff! I was really sorry to hear about the wl. It seems that the year is very bad, with those people with 750 and 770 being dinged. But the WL is still better than the ding. Also, not all people have confirmed that they will be attending the interview. Or perhaps some of them will be refused the UK visitor visa (I'm afraid it's rather high probability in my case). So, maybe, pre-int wl means that they will invite you on short notice.

Hi greenoak. I suppose any thinking that helps me stay motivated is good at this stage :-) . Hopefully me being in the UK works. Although JBS is known to interview in India or on the Phone if visitors visas can't be met.

In anycase, if you have a spare moment in London, look me up when you arrive in the UK. I'd be happy to grab a beer!

-buff
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 497 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Sorry guys for poiking my nose in between.. I have'nt gone through all the posts of this thread..

I had applied to SBS with a half baked application on the last day of last round for 2008 intake and deservedly got a kick on the rear side.. :-D :-D :-D I guess the balm worked and now got up again to re-apply again.. anyone in my legue to reapply to SBS ??? We can share our misery and strategem ... :-D :-D :-D

Regards..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q49  V42
Send PM
buffdaddy wrote:
In anycase, if you have a spare moment in London, look me up when you arrive in the UK. I'd be happy to grab a beer!

That would be great! 8-) I’ve PM-ed you some thoughts & questions.

Quote:
anyone in my legue to reapply to SBS ??? We can share our misery and strategem ...

Hello Amit05. I think quite a lot of people will be applying/has applied to SBS, but am not aware whether there are some reapplicants. But R2 deadline is still far away; so the peak of activity is ahead.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:LBS '11
Send PM
Congrats greenoak and hope the waitlist comes through, buffdaddy! Good luck to everyone else for JBS!

The ding list for R1 already has me worried as to how much worse it's going to be in R1.5. :shock: I did speak with the Admissions Coordinator at a fair a while ago, so hopefully my long and complicated last name will make me easy to remember... :lol:
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 120 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools:Wharton Class of 2011
 Q48  V41
Send PM
It seems that JBS has kicked me into the R1.5. I don't see the reason, but they claim that both my recommenders have submitted their recommendations on 10.2. although I am 100% sure that they did it on 9.30. (the very same day I applied). So, I guess I'm going to wait untill mid December.

I just can't understand why they are doing this?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Hi Pathfinder,
Seems really strange to me. Do you have their confirmation email - I mean, 'your app is complete and ready for consideration'? If so, and if the date of this email is before the deadline, I believe you could use it as a proof.
However, it may well be that your recommenders indeed sumbitted their letters on 9/30 but the delivery was postponed because of some technical issues. In this case, I believe it's just bad luck.
I doubt that JBS will be using some special tricks just in order to move somebody to R1.5. Seems just like technical or organisational problem. I believe they received much more apps in R1 than they had been expecting.
Anyways, good luck for R1.5! It's just my feeling, of course, but it is possible that 1.5 won't be that bad. Now I see that many applicants pushed themselves into R1 when they saw this additional round, so the competition in R1.5 may be not as strong. I believe that you, Teutonic and Lumone have good chances.

BTW, how about your plans for LBS?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 120 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools:Wharton Class of 2011
 Q48  V41
Send PM
Hmm, I received confirmation on 10.2. and they haven't specifically addressed which round they are confirming. They just said "three weeks after THIS application round deadline". Who knows... Even if I accept that it is technical issue, still I have to regret for the hard work I put into the R1. Anyway, I don't care too much about round but rather about final outcome.

LBS? Wow, the more I'm reading about that school the more impressed I am. The funniest thing is that almost all my extraculicular activities are connected to skiing, mountaineering and, in the end of the day, environment protection. And then I've read about two fellows from LBS (i think they are 2nd year students) who climbed Mount Everest! WTF?! Everest?! Lol! What in a heck should I write about?! :-D "Yeah, I wan't to participate in your mountaineering section..." Yeah, right... :oops:

Now serious, yes I'm almost sure I'm in for LBS R2. I just have to climb Kilimanjaro at least :wink:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:LBS '11
Send PM
Pathfinder_77 wrote:
LBS? Wow, the more I'm reading about that school the more impressed I am. The funniest thing is that almost all my extraculicular activities are connected to skiing, mountaineering and, in the end of the day, environment protection. And then I've read about two fellows from LBS (i think they are 2nd year students) who climbed Mount Everest! WTF?! Everest?! Lol! What in a heck should I write about?! :-D "Yeah, I wan't to participate in your mountaineering section..." Yeah, right... :oops:

Now serious, yes I'm almost sure I'm in for LBS R2. I just have to climb Kilimanjaro at least :wink:

You'll still be better off than me! I briefly mentioned going up Mt. Fuji in one of my essays.

However, I did not mention that I was getting passed by senior citizens along the trail the whole time.... :lol:
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1683 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
LOL, guys stop stealing the oxbridge thread and join the LBS thread.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8  ...  30