Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 05:36 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 05:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:UCLA, Ross, Berkeley
 Q49  V42
WE 1: Information Technology
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance
Schools:UCLA Anderson
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:UCLA Anderson '12
 Q42  V40 GMAT 2: 740  Q49  V41
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink]
Newly admitted folks...any input?

duuuma wrote:
Anyone admitted in Round 1 feel like they didn't have the best interview?

My interviewer and I never really clicked - the first 20 mins or so was good, a bit cut and dry. Then I got a little repetitive on my leadership example story as we got close to the end, stumbled a bit.

Lastly, my interviewer took my question about job placement and how the clubs/Parker center have helped him prep. He got really anxious since he hadn't found a job yet, and his visa was expiring in 5 months. He then went on a little about how tough it was to find a job through the Parker career center.

I tried to lighten up the mood by asking about Challenge for Charity. Every alumni I've met has had something fun to say regarding the event...but he didn't attend :?

(anyone in Round 2 who wants to chime in, please do too)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:UCLA Anderson
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Kudos
I actually thought my interview went really poorly for the most part, but it was a phone interview so those might be harder to get a good read on. It was my first MBA interview I had, and I felt I was rambling and not very specific with my answers. I think I was a little more natural/personable when it was time for me to ask questions, but I thought the damage had already been done on my part. Luckily it turned out alright. Best of luck.

duuuma wrote:
Newly admitted folks...any input?

duuuma wrote:
Anyone admitted in Round 1 feel like they didn't have the best interview?

My interviewer and I never really clicked - the first 20 mins or so was good, a bit cut and dry. Then I got a little repetitive on my leadership example story as we got close to the end, stumbled a bit.

Lastly, my interviewer took my question about job placement and how the clubs/Parker center have helped him prep. He got really anxious since he hadn't found a job yet, and his visa was expiring in 5 months. He then went on a little about how tough it was to find a job through the Parker career center.

I tried to lighten up the mood by asking about Challenge for Charity. Every alumni I've met has had something fun to say regarding the event...but he didn't attend :?

(anyone in Round 2 who wants to chime in, please do too)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks for the feedback bball. That's encouraging for myself and any other round 2 folks who didn't feel great about their interviews.

bball2693 wrote:
I actually thought my interview went really poorly for the most part, but it was a phone interview so those might be harder to get a good read on. It was my first MBA interview I had, and I felt I was rambling and not very specific with my answers. I think I was a little more natural/personable when it was time for me to ask questions, but I thought the damage had already been done on my part. Luckily it turned out alright. Best of luck.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I received an invite last Friday (2/19), so they are definitely still coming.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I just noticed today that my status on applyyourself stating the following w/o an interview invitation. If I remember correctly, it used to say that application is "under review by the committee" or something like that, so this might be an indication that I should stop refreshing my email account in search for an interview invitation. I'm a R2 applicant.

"Your application is complete for committee review and will have a decision released by the publish date for your round."
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Interesting observation...mine still says "Your application is complete for committee review."

What are your stats if you don't mind me asking? Any interviews/decisions at other schools?

HappyG wrote:
I just noticed today that my status on applyyourself stating the following w/o an interview invitation. If I remember correctly, it used to say that application is "under review by the committee" or something like that, so this might be an indication that I should stop refreshing my email account in search for an interview invitation. I'm a R2 applicant.

"Your application is complete for committee review and will have a decision released by the publish date for your round."
Intern
Intern
Send PM
That's great that yours still say that. Good Luck! My stats are [M/ 720/ not so ideal GPA/ WE8/ Finance/ International]. Got invitations from Wharton, Haas and Fuqua. No decisions yet.

cyrez8 wrote:
Interesting observation...mine still says "Your application is complete for committee review."

What are your stats if you don't mind me asking? Any interviews/decisions at other schools?

HappyG wrote:

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Haha...I'm not so sure mine saying that is positive after hearing your stats :)

I'm sure you did just fine at Anderson with invitations from 3 better schools buddy.

Great job! :)

HappyG wrote:
That's great that yours still say that. Good Luck! My stats are [M/ 720/ not so ideal GPA/ WE8/ Finance/ International]. Got invitations from Wharton, Haas and Fuqua. No decisions yet.

cyrez8 wrote:

HappyG wrote:

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Mine still says "Your application is complete for committee review."

Anyone else's change?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Mine now says:
Your application is complete for committee review and will have a decision released by the publish date for your round.

uclaguy wrote:

Anyone else's change?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
And you received an interview huh? Interesting...

duuuma wrote:
Mine now says:
Your application is complete for committee review and will have a decision released by the publish date for your round.

uclaguy wrote:

Anyone else's change?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Yes, interviewed 2 weeks ago. My status changed to this message sometime between then and now. I haven't checked the site at all.

Why is it interesting?

cyrez8 wrote:
And you received an interview huh? Interesting...

duuuma wrote:
Mine now says:

uclaguy wrote:

Anyone else's change?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Energy, Analytical Finance, Strategy
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2012
WE 1: Energy Risk Consulting
WE 2: Commodities Finance
Send PM
Mine says "Your application is complete for committee review and will have a decision released by the publish date for your round."

I was invited to interview about 3 weeks ago.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
My guess is:

1) If your message was updated after interviewing, then you still have 3 options (Admitted, Denied, WL)

2) If your message was updated without an interview, then things are bleaker as you only have 2 options (Denied, WL)

Probably wrong but now I guess we all have to check our applyyourself page as well! Lol
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Well yeah, 1) has to be true but with 5 weeks until decision time, I wouldn't count out an interview just yet if you haven't received, though chances are probably much slimmer. Still, didn't someone just post an interview invite this week?

Hell, as poorly as my interview went, they'll probably get the feedback and decide to invite someone else to go in for an interview :P

cyrez8 wrote:
My guess is:

1) If your message was updated after interviewing, then you still have 3 options (Admitted, Denied, WL)

2) If your message was updated without an interview, then things are bleaker as you only have 2 options (Denied, WL)

Probably wrong but now I guess we all have to check our applyyourself page as well! Lol
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Oh interview invites will be going out until mid March at least for UCLA.

2 1/2 more weeks essentially before it's time to analyze your situation :)

duuuma wrote:
Well yeah, 1) has to be true but with 5 weeks until decision time, I wouldn't count out an interview just yet if you haven't received, though chances are probably much slimmer. Still, didn't someone just post an interview invite this week?

Hell, as poorly as my interview went, they'll probably get the feedback and decide to invite someone else to go in for an interview :P

cyrez8 wrote:
My guess is:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Tech Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Booth, Anderson, Haas, Johnson
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Got an interview invite at 6:12 PM CST. Wow was my first reaction. I have to admit that I was losing hope as time went by. It was only Jennifer Mae's constant twitter updates about interview invites that consoled me. Kudos to her. People who havent got invites yet should definitely not lose hope. As long as Mae says that they are still reading files and will send interview invites, people should not be overtly worried.

My stats are Indian in US / IT / 6+ year WE / 730
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  14   15   16   17   18   19   20  ...  35