Last visit was: 04 Jun 2024, 00:03 It is currently 04 Jun 2024, 00:03
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy Finance Entrepreneurship
Schools:Wharton Chicago HBS Stanford
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Schools:Wharton (WL), Booth (WL), Kellogg (WL), Ross (ding)
GPA: 3.75
WE 1: public accounting
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink]
also rewaitlisted from R2. I think we are overanalyzing. There is no reason to the huge waitlist. They were probably too busy evaluating fresh R3 candidates and just didn't have enough time to reevaluate the waitlist. We may see a lot of dings and hopefully a few accepts during the next month.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
uniquelyidentify wrote:
also rewaitlisted from R2. I think we are overanalyzing. There is no reason to the huge waitlist. They were probably too busy evaluating fresh R3 candidates and just didn't have enough time to reevaluate the waitlist. We may see a lot of dings and hopefully a few accepts during the next month.

I have a very different view. I think R2 waitlist candidates have been evaluated and ranked. The school took a few top ones off the list right after R2 deposit date, the rest will be queueing till R3 deposit date. If some admits in R3 drop off, the school will take a few more off the list and reject the vast majority of the remaining.

What confused me is that the school should know what the maximum number of "backups" it needs and I think the current waitlist is much larger than this. What is going on in the Adcom's mind? or they simply do not care the feeling of the waitlist?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does anyone know when the payment deadline for those accepted in R3 is? I'd expect folks like me on the WL to hear after that.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 395 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
mbarunner1 wrote:
Does anyone know when the payment deadline for those accepted in R3 is? I'd expect folks like me on the WL to hear after that.

IIRC, it's June 7th!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
Schools:Kellogg Wharton
 Q51  V41
Send PM
I think post R3 deadline, we'll see a massive purge of the WL. The class is probably 98% defined.

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
How many of you guys would reapply if denied? I've started to brainstorm new essay ideas :P
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: NYU-R1 wait-list w/iv , Wharton-R2 (summer-waitlist; fall2010), INSEAD R2 (jan'11), CBS fall 2011 ED
 Q49  V38
Send PM
MBAgirl2010 wrote:
How many of you guys would reapply if denied? I've started to brainstorm new essay ideas :P

I would, but aren't you joining Emory this fall? I am applying for INSEAD-jan'11, so an R1 Wharton admit would still work for me.
Manager
Manager
Schools: NYU-R1 wait-list w/iv , Wharton-R2 (summer-waitlist; fall2010), INSEAD R2 (jan'11), CBS fall 2011 ED
 Q49  V38
Send PM
MBAgirl2010 wrote:
hm2009 wrote:
MBAgirl2010 wrote:

I would, but aren't you joining Emory this fall? I am applying for INSEAD-jan'11, so an R1 Wharton admit would still work for me.

I was accepted Emory 1yr for 2011 (not 2010) so I can try again as well, with no impact on my admission :)

Aha, great! Let's hope we get through for this fall, but, if not, we'll meet again ;-)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
hm2009 wrote:
MBAgirl2010 wrote:

if you are doing insead jan 2011 I don't know if wharton will work. It might be very expensive since the first 2 deposited are huge. 5k euro and 15k euro. At that point I would wonder about value of wharton vs losing 20k euro

Manager
Manager
 Q49  V38
Send PM
GoBruins wrote:
hm2009 wrote:
MBAgirl2010 wrote:

if you are doing insead jan 2011 I don't know if wharton will work. It might be very expensive since the first 2 deposited are huge. 5k euro and 15k euro. At that point I would wonder about value of wharton vs losing 20k euro

INSEAD wants 5kEu early on and then 31KEU one month before program starts (early December). I know of a few cases where INSEAD postponed the second deadline by a few weeks, which is sort of what I am counting on if it comes to that. However, Wharton released R1 decisions around mid-Dec, so it'd be cutting it close. I don't intend to pay INSEAD all that cash and then pick Wharton for sure.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I am also re-waitlisted at Wharton - which sucks. Needed everyone's opinion though.

My Profile
Industry: PE in Middle East - 3 years (1.5 yrs prev at I Bank)
Undergrad: Top Uni in Pak with a 3.4
Extra Curic: Heavily Involved with Acumen Fund
Career: Promoted to Associate after 2.5 yrs
Target Career: VC investing in Energy / Agriculture

Harvard: Ding w/o interview
Wharton: Waitlisted
Duke: Admit in R2
My wife is currently doing her residency at Duke.

Question: I have dreamed of going to Wharton - but Duke is the convenient choice. If I get accepted off the waitlist at Wharton where should I go? How much of a career boost does going to Wharton over Duke provide?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 210 [0]
 Q49  V37 GMAT 2: 750  Q49  V42
Send PM
^
given your intended career path, Wharton would make a world of difference; not only with regards to job opportunities post graduation but also for the years ahead in your career..!
(sorry if it sounds like a generic advice..)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:Haas (in); Yale (in); Kellogg (in); Sloan (interview/waiting)
Send PM
Has anyone heard back from the WL (acceptance or ding) since May 14?

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
Wow, the 2011 essays look very different:

Fall 2010 Essay Questions
The Admissions Committee is interested in getting to know you on both a professional and personal level. We encourage you to be introspective, candid, and succinct. Most importantly, we suggest you be yourself.

REQUIRED QUESTION:
What are your professional objectives? (300 words)

RESPOND TO 3 OF THE FOLLOWING 4 QUESTIONS:
Student and alumni engagement has at times led to the creation of innovative classes. For example, through extraordinary efforts, a small group of current students partnered with faculty to create a timely course entitled, “Disaster Response: Haiti and Beyond,” empowering students to leverage the talented Wharton community to improve the lives of the Haiti earthquake victims. Similarly, Wharton students and alumni helped to create the “Innovation and the Indian Healthcare Industry” which took students to India where they studied the full range of healthcare issues in India. If you were able to create a Wharton course on any topic, what would it be? (700 words)

Reflect on a time when you turned down an opportunity. What was the thought process behind your decision? Would you make the same decision today? (600 words)

Describe a failure that you have experienced. What role did you play, and what did you learn about yourself? How did this experience help to create your definition of failure? (600 words)

Discuss a time when you navigated a challenging experience in either a personal or professional relationship. (600 words)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Good questions!! much better than last year :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 295
Send PM
Agreed! Much better questions than last year's!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Schools:Kellogg (Ding), Booth (Admit), Wharton (WL)
GPA: 3.4
WE 1: Management Consulting
WE 2: NGO
Send PM
Has any one on the waitlist heard anything yet? On the waitlist letter they said before June 11th.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  99   100   101   102   103  ...  105   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6952 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts