Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 19:15 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:London Business School
 Q49  V39
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 80
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 598 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:London Business School
 Q49  V39
Send PM
Re: What are my chances of getting into top B-schools. [#permalink]
Thanks a lot kyro and Alex.
As mentioned I intend to appear for GMAT again and hope to have a score of 700+ this time.
Regarding my GPA, the degree in marine science in India does not disclose the marks/grades, which again is a red on my application. However, the passing percentage in most of the subjects is 70%. Is there anything that I can do on this?

Thanks.
Send PM
Don't worry about your grades - it's ancient history, you're more than a decade removed (sorry to remind you that your early 20s was quite a while ago....). They'll be more focused on your GMAT.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Send PM
Hi everyone,

I'm 22 years of age and about to graduate with a double major in mechanical engineering/accounting from a top university in Australia (top 50 in the world according to QS world rankings). I've sent my current transcript to professionals who have estimated my GPA to be roughly 3.0 in the US - which is clearly not good enough.

I have worked part-time all throughout my full-time degree, including one year as a part-time undergrad consultant at PwC. I've got a job as a project engineer at a medium sized international engineering consulting firm starting as soon as I graduate. Assuming I can score a GMAT of 710+ and after 5 years of work experience (preferably having moved on to project management by then), what are my chances at top MBA programs in the US - such as columbia, wharton and stern?

I have strong EC for an undergrad and I am currently treasurer of the main professional association for engineers in Australia. I'm planning to run for president of that association in one or two years time.

I'm female and asian australian.

Please let me know what you think. Since I know how much I screwed up my undergrad I want to be realistic in regards to my chances at top MBA schools or whether I should just aim for AGSM in Australia.
Send PM
dor1209 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm 22 years of age and about to graduate with a double major in mechanical engineering/accounting from a top university in Australia (top 50 in the world according to QS world rankings). I've sent my current transcript to professionals who have estimated my GPA to be roughly 3.0 in the US - which is clearly not good enough.

I have worked part-time all throughout my full-time degree, including one year as a part-time undergrad consultant at PwC. I've got a job as a project engineer at a medium sized international engineering consulting firm starting as soon as I graduate. Assuming I can score a GMAT of 710+ and after 5 years of work experience (preferably having moved on to project management by then), what are my chances at top MBA programs in the US - such as columbia, wharton and stern?

I have strong EC for an undergrad and I am currently treasurer of the main professional association for engineers in Australia. I'm planning to run for president of that association in one or two years time.

I'm female and asian australian.

Please let me know what you think. Since I know how much I screwed up my undergrad I want to be realistic in regards to my chances at top MBA schools or whether I should just aim for AGSM in Australia.

Five years away is an eternity. Focus on NOW. Which is your full-time job. The next few years of your life have not even been written yet, and being preoccupied that far into the future will only make it harder to focus on the challenges and life experiences you will face now. The first five years of your post college life are an amazing time of change in your life (not just career, but life). Make the most of it, and then in a few years time, whether you decide to go to b-school or not will be something you decide then.
GMAT Club Bot