Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 03:18 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 03:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos:
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V36
GPA: 3.6
WE:Business Development (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Re: INSEAD 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
neotron wrote:
I missed a call from INSEAD while in a customer meeting...

*crossing fingers...*

Congratulations. You are in.

I have exactly the same GMAT as you have, hopefully I will have the same luck :) :lol: :oops:

I'm applying to the Sept 2012 class.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Gmanster wrote:
thedreamer wrote:
For people in the Americas 18-20 hours more before deadline...

Europe ~ 12 hours and Asia ~ 5-6 hours..

the window is closing fast.................... I have not seen any updates to the Excel sheet as well for R3.. except for 1 person being WL.. at this point I would rather get a clear cut DING rather than get WL and suffer more..

To be honest Dreamer, I sometimes wish i hadn't been placed on the waitlist in Round 2. I haven't been able to really move onto applying for other schools as INSEAD is the one i prefer the most. But at the end of the day, i really want to get in, so i guess this is what i have to go through.

I feel you, Gmanster.. INSEAD is the only school I applied to and my only choice too...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
theNEOone wrote:
Missed a phone call from INSEAD about 30 minutes ago.... I called back but it's the main reception. What's the deal???

So.. so.... did you get in? How'd they contact you again?
I missed a call too and my coordinator ain't picking up... >.<
Intern
Intern
Send PM
brazas wrote:
neotron wrote:
I missed a call from INSEAD while in a customer meeting...

*crossing fingers...*

Congratulations. You are in.

I have exactly the same GMAT as you have, hopefully I will have the same luck :) :lol: :oops:

I'm applying to the Sept 2012 class.

I really hope so... @.@"

Good luck to you too!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got the official mail!! :-D

Will start in Singapore in Jan.

Good luck to all who are waiting and a big THANK YOU to everyone for all your support through this journey! ^.^
Given Kudos:
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Any idea by when are the waitlist results out?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: HEC Paris - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.35
WE:Information Technology (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Hey guys I received a nice long ding email a few hours ago. Best of luck to those who are still waiting!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
gr8tWo wrote:
Hey guys I received a nice long ding email a few hours ago. Best of luck to those who are still waiting!

You must be joking! Really?

Did they give you any reasons?

Really Sorry :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Sorry to hear that GR8TWO- but cheer-up, it is not the end of the world.

My condition is not much better- got waitlisted.

Can someone please check what is the recent number of admitted Israelis?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
Send PM
rino wrote:
Sorry to hear that GR8TWO- but cheer-up, it is not the end of the world.

My condition is not much better- got waitlisted.

Can someone please check what is the recent number of admitted Israelis?

Kindly also quote the number of admitted indians
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got the call during dinner and went straight to the bar :D Starting at Fonty in Jan. Look forward to seeing you there!
Good luck to those who are still waiting!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Got a straight ding e-mail. Really really surprised, as it all seemed to be going ok so far! Not even a waitlist!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: HEC Paris - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.35
WE:Information Technology (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
brazas wrote:
gr8tWo wrote:

The email did not say "CONFIDENTIAL" so here you go:

"Thank you for your interest in INSEAD and for all of the effort you put into your application. I regret to inform you, however, that following a careful evaluation of the many elements in your file, your application has not been accepted.

Needless to say, this decision was taken following a thorough examination of your file. We fully appreciate that after all the efforts you have put into this application, this decision will come as a disappointment to you. Unfortunately, the growing number of candidates has over the years led to large numbers of talented young men and women being refused entry to our Programme.

Given the confidential nature of the Admissions process, I am unable to give you any clear indication as to what elements in your file might have contributed to this decision. It is against INSEAD policy to disclose any information regarding the Admissions Committee’s decision. I can say that the Admissions Committee looks at a combination of factors and that a relatively outstanding evaluation of several elements is required for a clear admission. As the Admissions process is highly competitive, a relative weakness in any one element can often result in a refusal.

Obviously, this disappointing outcome should in no way be seen as an implication of a negative overall judgement either of your past achievements or of your future potential.

On behalf of the Admissions Committee, let me thank you for your interest in INSEAD and for the work you put into your candidacy. I personally wish you every success in your future career."

Did any one else dinged receive a different type of email? I guess not.

I was quite surprised with the outcome but I would have hated for the whole thing to have been even more prolonged by being waitlisted considering I was originally an R2 applicant. The ding allows me to make decisions and change my course towards new directions. I always believe that every obstacle is for the best and I am hoping that the future will be as good or even better than if I was admitted. I was planning to submit my resignation and did so anyway today and will be starting in a new job soon as plan B.Maybe plan B will work out very well for me after all. So, everyone else that did not make it, pursue your plans B or C and make the best out of them. The worst thing to do is sit and feel sad about it. Just pick a different route and keep walking...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
gr8tWo wrote:
brazas wrote:
gr8tWo wrote:

"Thank you for your interest in INSEAD and for all of the effort you put into your application. I regret to inform you, however, that following a careful evaluation of the many elements in your file, your application has not been accepted.

Needless to say, this decision was taken following a thorough examination of your file. We fully appreciate that after all the efforts you have put into this application, this decision will come as a disappointment to you. Unfortunately, the growing number of candidates has over the years led to large numbers of talented young men and women being refused entry to our Programme.

Given the confidential nature of the Admissions process, I am unable to give you any clear indication as to what elements in your file might have contributed to this decision. It is against INSEAD policy to disclose any information regarding the Admissions Committee’s decision. I can say that the Admissions Committee looks at a combination of factors and that a relatively outstanding evaluation of several elements is required for a clear admission. As the Admissions process is highly competitive, a relative weakness in any one element can often result in a refusal.

Obviously, this disappointing outcome should in no way be seen as an implication of a negative overall judgement either of your past achievements or of your future potential.

On behalf of the Admissions Committee, let me thank you for your interest in INSEAD and for the work you put into your candidacy. I personally wish you every success in your future career."

I was quite surprised with the outcome but I would have hated for the whole thing to have been even more prolonged by being waitlisted considering I was originally an R2 applicant. The ding allows me to make decisions and change my course towards new directions. I always believe that every obstacle is for the best and I am hoping that the future will be as good or even better than if I was admitted. I was planning to submit my resignation and did so anyway today and will be starting in a new job soon as plan B.Maybe plan B will work out very well for me after all. So, everyone else that did not make it, pursue your plans B or C and make the best out of them. The worst thing to do is sit and feel sad about it. Just pick a different route and keep walking...

Hi gr8tWo,

I agree with you... keep walking. I was denied application at NYU and I was waitlisted at LBS, and I got in at INSEAD. My ding and waitlist were very frustrating of course, but they were also a humbling experience, to say the least. I guess I've lived enough to understand that we don't always know what's best for us, unfortunately. And like Steve Jobs said you can't connect the dots looking forward, only looking backwards. I'm sure all our dots will connect somehow.

Also, you applied round 3 which is a *complain*... so cheer up.

All the best,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gr8tWo wrote:
brazas wrote:
gr8tWo wrote:

Hey gr8tWo, sorry to hear bout the result of the application.. I think it's great that you're moving forward like this. It does say something about your character. :) *super cool..*
I totally agree when jujuba says the dots will connect somehow. I hope plan b will be awesome for you!! If not, then you'll learn something out of it and plan c will be even greater!

All the best mate! The best is yet to come! :)
Intern
Intern
 Q47  V45
Send PM
Missed the call yesterday and then got an email saying i had been accepted. To those who got in- I look forward to seeing you in France. For those that didn't I'm sorry to hear that and best of luck with all the other options...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
paddypartridge wrote:
Missed the call yesterday and then got an email saying i had been accepted. To those who got in- I look forward to seeing you in France. For those that didn't I'm sorry to hear that and best of luck with all the other options...

Congrats paddy!! :-D
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts