Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 18:37 It is currently 08 May 2024, 18:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [2]
Given Kudos: 89
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Given Kudos: 31
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V25
GPA: 4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1311 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Re: PATHETIC GMAT ENHANCED ONLINE EXPERIENCE - NOT RECCOMENDED [#permalink]
Unfortunate experience. Perhaps you can approach mba.com for a refund/retake.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Kunal8196 wrote:
Veenu21
sorry to hear about your experience. They should do something to address these concerns ASAP. Can you please let me know when you hear back from GMAC/Examity. Even I have reached out on mail, will provide an update as soon as I receive a response.

Hi Kunal,

I have not received any response from them yet, will let you know if they send any.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kunal8196 wrote:
Veenu21
sorry to hear about your experience. They should do something to address these concerns ASAP. Can you please let me know when you hear back from GMAC/Examity. Even I have reached out on mail, will provide an update as soon as I receive a response.

Hi Kunal,

I received an email from the MBA customer care team and they have offered me a voucher code to reschedule the exam.
I hope you also get one soon.
The whole process of reviewing the issue took 2 weeks.
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30865 [1]
Given Kudos: 637
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Veenu21 - that is good to know. If you ever plan to take the Online GMAT again, then you

1. connect to your pc using ethernet.
2. Stress test your platform.

We have had many students who post doing the above have had a pleasant experience with the Enhanced version. My own daughter has used the Examity system for about 20 times for her school tests (has the same tech requirements) without facing any issues.

Look at our YouTube channel tomorrow for tips.

-Rajat
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 151 [0]
Given Kudos: 77
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.8
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Similar experience. I gave GMAT yesterday and got 640. 3 times my test got crashed due to some glitch.
May I know their contact email I'd.

Thanks

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
Hey guys,
My GMAT at a TEST center just got cancelled last night and I was thinking of giving it online, but your post has really helped give a close view of the how the experience can go.
Sorry to hear about your experiences.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Loser94 wrote:
Similar experience. I gave GMAT yesterday and got 640. 3 times my test got crashed due to some glitch.
May I know their contact email I'd.

Thanks

You should send an email to customercare@mba.com and customercare@gmac.com.
I received a retake offer from "customercare@mba.com ".
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Veenu21

Hi Veenu21,
Thanks for updating. It is good to know that the retake option will be available. Glad that you got one! Also, thanks for specifying that they are taking around 2 weeks to respond, will wait for 2 week as well before following up. Just to clarify - will this retake option be valid for both online as well as offline attempt or just online?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Loser94
Sorry to hear about your experience. I would suggest, reach out to both MBA.com and examity. I got a ticket raised at examity and I have mentioned the ticket number in my E-mail to mba.com.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
yog01 wrote:
Hey guys,
My GMAT at a TEST center just got cancelled last night and I was thinking of giving it online, but your post has really helped give a close view of the how the experience can go.
Sorry to hear about your experiences.

Hey yog01
Yes, I have read mixed reviews about the online version. If appearing for the exam is urgent, then maybe you can follow Rajat's advice of connecting via ethernet and getting the max internet speed possible from your provider. Although not sure how helpful this would be as I used a dedicated connection that serves more than 150 mbps. But yes, I guess ethernet can be helpful.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kunal8196 wrote:
Veenu21

Hi Veenu21,
Thanks for updating. It is good to know that the retake option will be available. Glad that you got one! Also, thanks for specifying that they are taking around 2 weeks to respond, will wait for 2 week as well before following up. Just to clarify - will this retake option be valid for both online as well as offline attempt or just online?

Hey,

The voucher code is only valid for an online attempt, with a limited time period.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Hi,

I had the exact same experience as you did. Ditto!!
I have also written to the customer care team and I'm waiting for a response from them. I shall update their response here for everyone's benefit.
Please share once you receive an update too.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 193
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40 (Online)
Send PM
Veenu21 wrote:
Kunal8196 wrote:
Veenu21

Hi Kunal,

I received an email from the MBA customer care team and they have offered me a voucher code to reschedule the exam.
I hope you also get one soon.
The whole process of reviewing the issue took 2 weeks.

Hi, did they cancel your previous score? Or where you allowed to keep it?

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 111
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V44
Send PM
Hi Veenu, did GMAC cancel your previous online score once you attempted the retake ?

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi all,

Apologies for the delay, but I wanted to provide two updates:

1.) GMAC did agree to refund the entire exam fee and cancel my attempt. I have received the entire amount in my bank account :) . The money was transferred by Examity. The entire process took about a month. The status for this online attempt has been updated to technical error on the mba.com profile page.

2.) I managed to get an offline (in-center) slot around July end and appeared for the exam again (well technically my first attempt). The exam went pretty smoothly and I was able to get the score that I had worked extremely hard for : 740 (Q48 V44). I will be posting a detailed de-brief soon in case anyone is interested but wanted to share something on this chain. So I tried appearing for the GMAT in April (offline attempt) after 5 months of preparation when the exam got cancelled 3 days before the scheduled date because of Covid restrictions. Then I prepped hard for another month for the GMAT online (basically familiarized myself with the whiteboard and stuff), which turned out to be a disaster. By this time, I was super exhausted. But in hindsight, I feel that these two experiences prepared me for the worse and when I entered the exam hall to finally give a legitimate, complete attempt, I was already mentally prepared for things which could go wrong or I should say, go not as planned (for example, the marker stopped working during the Quant section, but I did not panic at all, they got me a new one within a minute). I guess, whatever happened during my online attempt and even before that, was all part of my preparation! :)

Feel free to reach out in case of any other queries regarding online attempt/refund/etc.

Regards
Kunal
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
Hi
I faced same issues and lost 8 minutes on the IR section today which brought my IR score down to 5. The proctor let the time flow away while figuring out and only paused time after 7 min and then another few trials on and off which took away another 1 minute

But can I retain my score and not acceptvtge refund? Because my unofficial score showed 750 (q50, v41). I would really want to keep that score and go for another attempt instead of getting it cancelled :(

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Send PM
PATHETIC GMAT ENHANCED ONLINE EXPERIENCE - NOT RECCOMENDED [#permalink]
Same here, I had 2 failed attempts in a row due to technical issues. I'm sick and tired of these glitches and system flaws. What's even worse, the last time it could have been avoided had the proctor taken action on my warnings during the instruction section of the exam being extremely slow.

Proctors are not prepared, the system is flawed, and what's even more funny they try to avoid cheating to create the most realistic scores but at the same time they don't seem to worry when scores are lower than they should be due to this flaws.

I will never understand how can the GMAT allow this kind of things happen and not take action.
GMAT Club Bot
PATHETIC GMAT ENHANCED ONLINE EXPERIENCE - NOT RECCOMENDED [#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37404 posts