Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 13:02 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 13:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: HBS '17 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.57
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Re: Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]
towski wrote:
Invited to interview! Located in Chicago.

Congratulations!! Sending positive vibes your and LexLuthor 's way. Good luck!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Any idea about India invites ? Anyone from India got an invite ???
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2391 [0]
Given Kudos: 355
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
What do you think is the date when our chances to get an invite begin to go down considerably? Is it next friday?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
jlgdr wrote:
What do you think is the date when our chances to get an invite begin to go down considerably? Is it next friday?

Around 18 Nov i guess....a week before the D-Day
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [1]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V42
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.9
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
jlgdr wrote:

Glad I'm not the only one thinking about this. I'm not looking at the date so much as the number of invites reported. If this group is similar to last year's, about 13% of the gmatclub round 1 candidates (around 50 of the 388 of us) should report an invite. Right now, only 11 people (<3%) have reported invites. I'll start to get worried when we approach 13%.

Edit: I am already worried, but I will be more warranted in my worrying when we approach 13% ;)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Send PM
Any invites for applicants from India ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [6]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.99
WE:Business Development (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Had my interview today with an alumnus (his background is private equity). Really smart, inquisitive, genuine and kind person. I really liked him.

Length approx. 45mins, in his office. Very informal and spontaneous chat, no curveball questions.

I am happy of how I performed (no regrets if I don't get accepted!), and the interviewed confirmed the impression of Stanford GSB as a fantastic place to pursue an MBA.

Tell me something you did that you are very proud of.
Tell me a failure and what you learnt.
Tell me about a time when you had to persuade someone or overcome an obstacle to reach a goal.
Tell me something, beyond your job description, that you did merely out of passion.
Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult person.
Give me an example of how you work in a team - what's your usual role?
What really motivates you?
Questions for him
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [10]
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
Send PM
Kudos
Hi People!!
A couple of days ago, I configured my iphone with a special ringtone in case I get a message from Stanford. One night, I was sleeping and guess what? I heard that song...I got an invite!!!! I quickly schedule an appointment with my interviewer, an alumnus of GSB. The interview was casual, at his home. We discussed, ate together and do not remember questions he asked me. At the end, he told me that you will be admitted!!!
I was very happy...the only problem is that at 6:45 am, I heard a different song from my phone, a real one, some dogs barking to try to get me up.
You have guessed that I was dreaming...I came back to the hard reality..I checked my phone, No invite but plenty of spams...
Just keep waiting gentlemen...Let us be strong..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
GMAT 1: 220 Q1 V2
Send PM
That story did not end as I was expecting.

Anyways gents, as each day passes our chances of getting rescued off the stranded island of castaway toys gets dimmer.
VP
VP
Send PM
Hermaths wrote:
Hi People!!
A couple of days ago, I configured my iphone with a special ringtone in case I get a message from Stanford. One night, I was sleeping and guess what? I heard that song...I got an invite!!!! I quickly schedule an appointment with my interviewer, an alumnus of GSB. The interview was casual, at his home. We discussed, ate together and do not remember questions he asked me. At the end, he told me that you will be admitted!!!
I was very happy...the only problem is that at 6:45 am, I heard a different song from my phone, a real one, some dogs barking to try to get me up.
You have guessed that I was dreaming...I came back to the hard reality..I checked my phone, No invite but plenty of spams...
Just keep waiting gentlemen...Let us be strong..

Nice story, I would definitely bring it up on my interview

Cheers
J :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [1]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: HBS '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Transportation)
Send PM
Kudos
NandoParrado wrote:
Had my interview today with an alumnus (his background is private equity). Really smart, inquisitive, genuine and kind person. I really liked him.

Length approx. 45mins, in his office. Very informal and spontaneous chat, no curveball questions.

I am happy of how I performed (no regrets if I don't get accepted!), and the interviewed confirmed the impression of Stanford GSB as a fantastic place to pursue an MBA.

Tell me something you did that you are very proud of.
Tell me a failure and what you learnt.
Tell me about a time when you had to persuade someone or overcome an obstacle to reach a goal.
Tell me something, beyond your job description, that you did merely out of passion.
Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult person.
Give me an example of how you work in a team - what's your usual role?
What really motivates you?
Questions for him

Eerily similar interview to mine with a PE guy last week lol. Good luck!!!
VP
VP
Send PM
Almost heaven, Palo Alto, Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River.
Life is old there, older than the trees, younger than the mountains, blowing like a breeze.
Country roads, take me home to the place I belong.
Palo Alto, mountain momma, take me home, country roads....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Sloan '17 (M)
Send PM
secondtimesthecharm wrote:
jlgdr wrote:

Glad I'm not the only one thinking about this. I'm not looking at the date so much as the number of invites reported. If this group is similar to last year's, about 13% of the gmatclub round 1 candidates (around 50 of the 388 of us) should report an invite. Right now, only 11 people (<3%) have reported invites. I'll start to get worried when we approach 13%.

Edit: I am already worried, but I will be more warranted in my worrying when we approach 13% ;)

I think it's over. HBS had ~8% calling-all-hbs-applicants-2015-intake-class-of-172057.html.

Gmatclub is not a great representation :(.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.57
Send PM
jlgdr wrote:

I'm gonna go with November 25th. :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V42
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.9
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
JohnThunder wrote:
jlgdr wrote:

I think it's over. HBS had ~8% calling-all-hbs-applicants-2015-intake-class-of-172057.html.

Around 13% of applicants on Stanford's thread from 2 years ago reported being invited to interview as well. Not that that's conclusive, but it's better than finding an 8% from 2 years ago. Also, I'm liking the "lets not panic until November 25th" plan!
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.3
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
JohnThunder wrote:
jlgdr wrote:

Idk if it's over just yet. If HBS had 8%, I feel like it's fair to assume GSB would be around there too (if not more, following the previous years' trends). Although I have no clue wtf Stanford is doing, we're still chilling at a cool 3% (unless there are a swarm of invites right before I post this haha), so there is still a ray of hope. It might be very dim, but it's still there. Also, it has been less than two weeks since they started sending out invites. I'm rarely ever an optimist, but there is still a looot of time left.

Also, the other poster's story about their alarm reminded me that I am a dork and have an "if this then that" alert set for e-mails that say "Stanford," "GSB," or "interview." I'm hoping it goes off before the 25th gets here.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V44
GPA: 3.24
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
TripleDetroit wrote:
jlgdr wrote:

I'm gonna go with November 25th. :-D

Agreed. As long as there is a small chance, the window is open. Ain't over til it's over.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26  ...  87   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts