Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 06:39 It is currently 08 May 2024, 06:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Scrum Alliance
Own Kudos [?]: 170 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 600 Q48 V25
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling Booth Evening/Weekend MBA Aspirants (2017 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]
thanks, saw that - this is my first time applying, so didn't know it was different before.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling Booth Evening/Weekend MBA Aspirants (2017 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]
what is the best way to connect with some of the booth students currently at the program or recently graduated?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Operations, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 660 Q39 V42
GPA: 3.79
WE:Marketing (Health Care)
Send PM
kyoo wrote:
what is the best way to connect with some of the booth students currently at the program or recently graduated?

If you're ever around Chicago, doing a classroom visit is perhaps the easiest way to connect with current students. You'll be paired with a student ambassador currently enrolled in your program of choice (weekend, evening, full-time), who can serve as a point of contact for you. Also, feel free to chat with other students in the class during break. While you're at it in Chicago, formal info sessions programs like the Lunch & Learns allow you to speak with current students/alumni.

Another way is to get in touch with other current students or alumni is by coordinating with the admissions staff. Through them, I was able to chat on the phone with several alumni who took on different paths at Booth I was interested in (the IMBA, study abroad, certain concentrations, etc).

Edit to summarize:
- Classroom visits
- Info sessions
- Coordinating with admissions staff
Intern
Intern
Send PM
chihawksfan wrote:
kyoo wrote:

If you're ever around Chicago, doing a classroom visit is perhaps the easiest way to connect with current students. You'll be paired with a student ambassador currently enrolled in your program of choice (weekend, evening, full-time), who can serve as a point of contact for you. Also, feel free to chat with other students in the class during break. While you're at it in Chicago, formal info sessions programs like the Lunch & Learns allow you to speak with current students/alumni.

Another way is to get in touch with other current students or alumni is by coordinating with the admissions staff. Through them, I was able to chat on the phone with several alumni who took on different paths at Booth I was interested in (the IMBA, study abroad, certain concentrations, etc).

Edit to summarize:
- Classroom visits
- Info sessions
- Coordinating with admissions staff

hey, thanks for the quick reply! I'll probably go with the latter suggestion - I'm in STL working full time so it'll be a little easier that way.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Check out this MBA consulting platform: polariis[dot]com

Meet MBA alumni/candidates/former admission officers from the Top 10 business schools. Online or in person.

Polariis is an on-demand career advisory and MBA consulting platform. Advisors are MBA alumni or candidates from the Top 10 business schools. They are highly successful professionals in their fields in finance, consulting, technology and others. Services offered range from personalized MBA personal statement critique, mock interviews to reference letter prep.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
GMAT 2: 640 Q47 V32
GPA: 3.45
WE:Information Technology (Insurance)
Send PM
I am applying for Spring 2017 Weekend program too.

Please share your scores and other info.
Mine are:
GMAT 690 (Q45 V40) IR 3 - worried if Q45 and IR3 will cause any problem
GPA 3.45 Masters in Computer Science Texas Tech University
Work Exp : 12 years in IT (Healthcare,Insurance)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hideyoshi wrote:
kyoo wrote:
I'll be applying pretty shortly here, once I wrap up essays!

They have changed the essays this time, especially the goals essay has been split into two and the word limit has been removed.

The essays still have the word limits.. I started my 2017 Weekend application and this is what i see in the essays section.

"Weekend MBA Essays
Essay One: Why is Chicago Booth’s Weekend MBA your program of choice? (250 words)
Essay Two: At Chicago Booth we believe inquiry leads to big, bold ideas. We create a collaborative environment in which you will share, challenge and support each other’s ideas. Tell us about a time you had a “big, bold idea.” How did you come up with it, and how did you put it into action? (500 words)
Optional Essay
If there is any important information relevant to your candidacy you were unable to address elsewhere in the application, please share that information here. (500 words maximum)"
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Virgoean wrote:
hideyoshi wrote:
kyoo wrote:
I'll be applying pretty shortly here, once I wrap up essays!

They have changed the essays this time, especially the goals essay has been split into two and the word limit has been removed.

The essays still have the word limits.. I started my 2017 Weekend application and this is what i see in the essays section.

"Weekend MBA Essays
Essay One: Why is Chicago Booth’s Weekend MBA your program of choice? (250 words)
Essay Two: At Chicago Booth we believe inquiry leads to big, bold ideas. We create a collaborative environment in which you will share, challenge and support each other’s ideas. Tell us about a time you had a “big, bold idea.” How did you come up with it, and how did you put it into action? (500 words)
Optional Essay
If there is any important information relevant to your candidacy you were unable to address elsewhere in the application, please share that information here. (500 words maximum)"

Look at the Motivation and Goals section...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Operations, Leadership
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V26
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
I am applying for Winter-2017. Just started working on my essay's and I am taking my GMAT next month. I know it's pushing hoping I can get done mt OCT 7th deadline.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am applying for Winter-2017. Just started working on my essay's and I am taking my GMAT next month. I know it's pushing hoping I can get done mt OCT 7th deadline.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
I am planning to apply for Fall 2017 intake. Taking the GMAT next month. I have not started working on my essays.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
tommannanchery wrote:
I am planning to apply for Fall 2017 intake. Taking the GMAT next month. I have not started working on my essays.

Me as well, when are you taking the GMAT. I booked my date for 22nd august. I just started working on my essays. Good luck with your preperation
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
banty1987 wrote:
tommannanchery wrote:

Me as well, when are you taking the GMAT. I booked my date for 22nd august. I just started working on my essays. Good luck with your preperation

Thanks. I have booked my dates for August 27. So far I am not very happy with my preparation but still going to give it a shot.

Good luck with your prep as well!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
tommannanchery wrote:
banty1987 wrote:
tommannanchery wrote:

Thanks. I have booked my dates for August 27. So far I am not very happy with my preparation but still going to give it a shot.

Good luck with your prep as well!

Good luck guys. I am retaking my GMAT on Aug 20th. Got 690 first time and trying to improve my quant(from 45) as Booth is a quant heavy school
Intern
Intern
Send PM
tommannanchery wrote:

Tommannanchery, are you applying to Kellogg too? I am also considering applying there as they are good with Consulting jobs. Do you know if they have offer any scholarships? I know very few schools offer scholarships to PT students but their websites mentions it but very vague
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Send PM