Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 12:27 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: IMD Jan'18
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: IMD Jan'18
Send PM
Re: Calling all IMD applicants: (Jan 2018 Entry) class of Dec 2018! [#permalink]
Thanks wellwell . Hope to see you in class
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 93
Send PM
Re: Calling all IMD applicants: (Jan 2018 Entry) class of Dec 2018! [#permalink]
sandeep8333 desertwarrior spsam
How was the assessment day? It would be great if you can share your experiences.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Shiridip wrote:
How was the assessment day? It would be great if you can share your experiences.

Hi Shiridip,

Glad to share my assessment day experience. Please refer below for the details. Please let me know in case you have any further queries. Happy to help!

My assessment day was on 8th August 2017. The group included 7 of us (including me) – 3 Indians, 1 Pakistani, 1 Swedish (Indian origin), 1 Peruvian and 1 Russian.
We were asked to report at 8 am in the morning at the main reception in the IMD building. We were greeted by an MBA recruitment officer, who then showed us around the campus for about 30 minutes and also briefed us about the schedule for the rest of the day. We all were to go through various same exercises, though our individual schedules varied in terms of order of these exercises.
My day started with a personal interview. It lasted for about 45 mins and was a pleasant conversation. Interviewer had gone through my application thoroughly and had prepared detailed notes. She had very specific questions about my experience, professional journey, my strengths, weaknesses, my future goal and why I think I was a good fit for the same. In the end, she allowed me some time to ask questions, if I had any.

Post this interview, each one of us was given an impromptu 2 page case study to read and analyze. Each one of us was given 35 minutes to read the case and prepare few slides (on A4 sheets with colored pens). Then we were all asked to present our slides for 4 minutes. Each participant presented to the entire group of participants as well as adcom members. After our individual presentations were over, we were asked to prepare an additional question as a group. We were given 20 additional minutes for this, followed by 5 minutes of presentation time.
Following this, all of us were given a brief situation to prepare for a role play. We were given 20 minutes to prepare for a 3 minute discussion in a role play format. The role play was enacted by one of the adcom members, who seemed to be quite aggressive in pushing her point. But, I managed to engage her into a discussion. Post the 3 minute role play, another adcom member, who was an observer in the room, shared her feedback with me on how she thought I handled the situation.
After this all of us broke for lunch. During lunch, each one of us were tagged to an existing student from the current batch. They engaged in general discussion but also asked why we wanted to do an MBA, why we had chosen IMD, which other schools we had applied to, etc.
Post lunch, we discussed the pre-read case study with prof. Sean Meehan, who is going to take over as Head of the MBA program in January. He opened the case discussion asking very specific questions on various aspects. The discussion went on for about 90 minutes. This was followed by a Q&A session with him where he encouraged us to ask him questions about the program.
Post this, we were asked to attend an actual class with the current students. The class was on using advanced analytics in Finance. The day concluded post the class around 5:30 PM.

Waiting to hear back from them! Fingers crossed!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sandeep8333 wrote:
Shiridip wrote:

Hi Shiridip,

Glad to share my assessment day experience. Please refer below for the details. Please let me know in case you have any further queries. Happy to help!

My assessment day was on 8th August 2017. The group included 7 of us (including me) – 3 Indians, 1 Pakistani, 1 Swedish (Indian origin), 1 Peruvian and 1 Russian.
We were asked to report at 8 am in the morning at the main reception in the IMD building. We were greeted by an MBA recruitment officer, who then showed us around the campus for about 30 minutes and also briefed us about the schedule for the rest of the day. We all were to go through various same exercises, though our individual schedules varied in terms of order of these exercises.
My day started with a personal interview. It lasted for about 45 mins and was a pleasant conversation. Interviewer had gone through my application thoroughly and had prepared detailed notes. She had very specific questions about my experience, professional journey, my strengths, weaknesses, my future goal and why I think I was a good fit for the same. In the end, she allowed me some time to ask questions, if I had any.

Post this interview, each one of us was given an impromptu 2 page case study to read and analyze. Each one of us was given 35 minutes to read the case and prepare few slides (on A4 sheets with colored pens). Then we were all asked to present our slides for 4 minutes. Each participant presented to the entire group of participants as well as adcom members. After our individual presentations were over, we were asked to prepare an additional question as a group. We were given 20 additional minutes for this, followed by 5 minutes of presentation time.
Following this, all of us were given a brief situation to prepare for a role play. We were given 20 minutes to prepare for a 3 minute discussion in a role play format. The role play was enacted by one of the adcom members, who seemed to be quite aggressive in pushing her point. But, I managed to engage her into a discussion. Post the 3 minute role play, another adcom member, who was an observer in the room, shared her feedback with me on how she thought I handled the situation.
After this all of us broke for lunch. During lunch, each one of us were tagged to an existing student from the current batch. They engaged in general discussion but also asked why we wanted to do an MBA, why we had chosen IMD, which other schools we had applied to, etc.
Post lunch, we discussed the pre-read case study with prof. Sean Meehan, who is going to take over as Head of the MBA program in January. He opened the case discussion asking very specific questions on various aspects. The discussion went on for about 90 minutes. This was followed by a Q&A session with him where he encouraged us to ask him questions about the program.
Post this, we were asked to attend an actual class with the current students. The class was on using advanced analytics in Finance. The day concluded post the class around 5:30 PM.

Thank you for sharing your experience in detail! Seems like you enjoyed the day. Hope you get in! All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Shiridip wrote:
sandeep8333 wrote:
Shiridip wrote:

Hi Shiridip,

Thank you for sharing your experience in detail! Seems like you enjoyed the day. Hope you get in! All the best!

Thank you buddy..got through :-) :-)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you buddy..got through :-) :-)

Awesome dude! Congratulations!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hi guys, someone invited to october 20th assessments day in lausanne?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Schools: NUS '20 (S)
Send PM
I have currently applied to other Asian schools. Before applying, wanted to know your opinions if I would really stand a chance for the Top European programs, Below is a sneak peek of my profile.

Indian Applicant - GMAT/X/XII/Engineering: - 710/88.6%/85.4%/74.4%. 4.5 years in Business Development and Supply chain operations. No International experience, however have worked with teams and clients across Europe and North America and currently even lead a team of 3 based out of US. Extra-curriculars on Debates/Extempore, Singing (Lead singer of a nationwide commercially launched album), Dramatics, Motivational speaker and Youth counselor.

Post MBA: Switch Industry and foray into Strategic/Technology Consulting.
Current App statuses: ISB – Waitlist, CEIBS – Admit, NUS – Awaiting Final results.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
hanielprabhakar wrote:
I have currently applied to other Asian schools. Before applying, wanted to know your opinions if I would really stand a chance for the Top European programs, Below is a sneak peek of my profile.

Indian Applicant - GMAT/X/XII/Engineering: - 710/88.6%/85.4%/74.4%. 4.5 years in Business Development and Supply chain operations. No International experience, however have worked with teams and clients across Europe and North America and currently even lead a team of 3 based out of US. Extra-curriculars on Debates/Extempore, Singing (Lead singer of a nationwide commercially launched album), Dramatics, Motivational speaker and Youth counselor.

Post MBA: Switch Industry and foray into Strategic/Technology Consulting.
Current App statuses: ISB – Waitlist, CEIBS – Admit, NUS – Awaiting Final results.

Hey,

Can we have a more detailed chat to understand your profile from a fit perspective - please PM me. In my opinion and experience, an admit is a combination of lot of factors.. your past profile, growth, responsibilities managed and the overall quality of your application. I'm a 2018 student - starting at IMD in 2 weeks and will be happy to share my perspective.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
vibis wrote:
Welcome all IMD MBA applicants!

Use this platform to discuss your application for the IMD MBA 2018 batch.

Please add IMD MBA to your MBA timeline so that the applicant stats displayed in the first post reflect true picture of admissions. While adding the program, MAKE SURE you are setting it for graduation year, i.e. 'Class of 2018' if you apply for IMD within the deadlines of 2017.

Hi, I was wondering if there a similar discussion thread for Jan 2019 Intake? It would help immensely to connect with current students and fellow applicants, especially given all the changes to application form this time.

Thanks!
Invited to Interview
21 Feb, 2018
21 Feb 2018, 17:48
Private, GMAT: 740, Q42, V48; GPA: 3.5; WE: 72 months; Greece; via Phone [#permalink]
Invited to Interview
21 Feb, 2018
22 Feb 2018, 00:38
Private, GMAT: 680, Q49, V34; GPA: 3; WE: 96 months; Australia; via Phone
awesome they make a personal call [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All IMD Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All IMD Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All IMD Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated IMD Forum to dive into all things related to IMD's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts