Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 06:57 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior PS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 5206 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
Senior PS Moderator
Send PM
Senior PS Moderator
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 507 [1]
Given Kudos: 68
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia)Applicants:Class of 2019-Aug 18 Intake [#permalink]
Kudos
Re-applications: If you have applied within the last two years and are re-applying, it may not be necessary to submit new letters of reference and new transcripts unless you have undertaken further academic studies, as they generally retain all documentation for a two-year period. Please note, that you are required to enter a new email address to create a new application. Please contact mba@sauder.ubc.ca to indicate that you are reapplying so they can transfer the documents you had submitted to your new application and also determine what new documents would be required if any.
Senior PS Moderator
Send PM
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia)Applicants:Class of 2019-Aug 18 Intake [#permalink]
Whats happening everybody?

Around 50 days to go for the Round 1 deadline. How are you all holding up?
Show yourself guys!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
pushpitkc wrote:
UBC(Sauder) MBA Deadlines
Application DeadlineDecision Date
R1Nov 1, 2017Rolling
R2Jan 10, 2018Rolling
R3Feb 28, 2018Rolling
Final RoundMay 2, 2018Rolling

Essays

The following questions will allow the Admissions Committee to learn more about you. Please answer them concisely.
Each written answer CANNOT be more than the specified word limit.
Only words within the limit will be read for admission purposes.

Short Answer Questions. (200-word limit on each)

1. What are your motivations to pursue an MBA? (200 Words)
2. What excites you about the UBC MBA Program? How do you plan to get the most out of this journey? (200 Words)

Long Answer Question (500 word limit)

The UBC MBA program prepares leaders who seek to create value for the world. Please describe a situation in which you created value for an organization or group. What was the outcome? We encourage you to consider your contributions in both professional and community settings.

Video Essay

Our students and alumni often describe their MBA experience as a transformational discovery of themselves.
How do you see yourself being transformed by the UBC MBA program?

Please respond to the following question, in video format (60-90 seconds) and upload it to either YouTube or Vimeo and provide the video's URL in the space provided. For complete instructions, please download the following attachment
Attachment:
UBC_MBA_Video_Essay_Submission_Instructions.pdf

Hi pushpit, where did you find the essay questions on the official website.. I tried to look in application process etc. But I couldnt find these details regarding the essay questions... Can you please direct me the link ? Thanks in advance

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Senior PS Moderator
Send PM
Hi abhimanyu1945,

First things first, you will have to create your profile on UBC(Sauder Page)

Link on how to apply : https://www.sauder.ubc.ca/Programs/MBA/M ... w_to_Apply

You have to apply online and create your profile :)
Once your profile is created, you have to start an application and
you will see the essays and videos in the "Compositions" tab

Hope that helps you!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
pushpitkc wrote:
Hi abhimanyu1945,

First things first, you will have to create your profile on UBC(Sauder Page)

Link on how to apply : https://www.sauder.ubc.ca/Programs/MBA/M ... w_to_Apply

You have to apply online and create your profile :)
Once your profile is created, you have to start an application and
you will see the essays and videos in the "Compositions" tab

Hope that helps you!

Thanks a lot.. yes I just figured it out and have started the application

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 507 [0]
Send PM
abhimanyu1945 wrote:
pushpitkc wrote:
UBC(Sauder) MBA Deadlines
Application DeadlineDecision Date
R1Nov 1, 2017Rolling
R2Jan 10, 2018Rolling
R3Feb 28, 2018Rolling
Final RoundMay 2, 2018Rolling

Essays

The following questions will allow the Admissions Committee to learn more about you. Please answer them concisely.
Each written answer CANNOT be more than the specified word limit.
Only words within the limit will be read for admission purposes.

Short Answer Questions. (200-word limit on each)

1. What are your motivations to pursue an MBA? (200 Words)
2. What excites you about the UBC MBA Program? How do you plan to get the most out of this journey? (200 Words)

Long Answer Question (500 word limit)

The UBC MBA program prepares leaders who seek to create value for the world. Please describe a situation in which you created value for an organization or group. What was the outcome? We encourage you to consider your contributions in both professional and community settings.

Video Essay

Our students and alumni often describe their MBA experience as a transformational discovery of themselves.
How do you see yourself being transformed by the UBC MBA program?

Please respond to the following question, in video format (60-90 seconds) and upload it to either YouTube or Vimeo and provide the video's URL in the space provided. For complete instructions, please download the following attachment
Attachment:
UBC_MBA_Video_Essay_Submission_Instructions.pdf

Hi pushpit, where did you find the essay questions on the official website.. I tried to look in application process etc. But I couldnt find these details regarding the essay questions... Can you please direct me the link ? Thanks in advance

Sometimes essay questions are not there on the website. In such cases, you can always click on the "Apply Online" here in case of UBC Sauder . After registration you can view all the essay questions and short answer questions too.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [1]
Given Kudos: 1220
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V29
GMAT 2: 670 Q50 V31
GPA: 4
WE:Business Development (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Please find the latest edition of QS business school report.

https://www.topmba.com/system/files/pdf ... 017_v3.pdf

Please give KUDOS if you like it.

Cheers :thumbup: :thumbup:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V45
Send PM
Just received an interview request.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ExLawyer wrote:
Just received an interview request.

Hi exlawyer, when had you completed and submitted your application? I just submitted it today..
Btw, im also a lawyer, currently practising.

Senior PS Moderator
Send PM
Hey ExLawyer
Congrats on the interview invite.

Mind sharing your profile!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V28
Send PM
Hi,

Congrats for the interview invite ExLawyer .
Can somebody tell me what is the acceptance rate once a candidate has been called for an interview. Is it just a way to check whether the same person is responsible for the essays or they can ask technical questions as well and then create a problem for the interviewee?

In short, how sure can one be of the admission once he/she gets an interview call?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 1220
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V29
GMAT 2: 670 Q50 V31
GPA: 4
WE:Business Development (Consulting)
Send PM
It's difficult to comment on that I guess. Only alumni will be the best one to answer that question at this moment.

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 507 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
ronit1894 wrote:
Hi,

Can somebody tell me what is the acceptance rate once a candidate has been called for an interview. Is it just a way to check whether the same person is responsible for the essays or they can ask technical questions as well and then create a problem for the interviewee?

In short, how sure can one be of the admission once he/she gets an interview call?

I am not sure about any percentage value. However, interview means that the Adcoms like your profile on paper and would like to know more about the person behind the essays and his personality. Be sure that you wont be asked any Technical questions. You can just keep the context to the business aspect of your work exp. Overall, the interview is quite pleasant. Go through the previous years threads to know about the interview questions.
Introduce yourself, Why MBA, why now, why UBC Sauder, ST and LT goals, Strength & weaknesses, an example of leadership, failure, ethical dilemma are the most common questions asked.
Make sure that you have a couple of strong questions to ask at the end, which should demonstrate your thorough research on the program.
Good Luck!!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V28
Send PM
vivek6199 wrote:
ronit1894 wrote:
Hi,

I am not sure about any percentage value. However, interview means that the Adcoms like your profile on paper and would like to know more about the person behind the essays and his personality. Be sure that you wont be asked any Technical questions. You can just keep the context to the business aspect of your work exp. Overall, the interview is quite pleasant. Go through the previous years threads to know about the interview questions.
Introduce yourself, Why MBA, why now, why UBC Sauder, ST and LT goals, Strength & weaknesses, an example of leadership, failure, ethical dilemma are the most common questions asked.
Make sure that you have a couple of strong questions to ask at the end, which should demonstrate your thorough research on the program.
Good Luck!!!!

Oh alright!

Thanks for this information :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
ExLawyer how long did it take them to invite you for Interview after submitting your application? Anybody else got interview request, please share your experience
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V45
Send PM
I think it took about one week to receive the invitation after I submitted the application and all the documents were received by admissions.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
ExLawyer wrote:
I think it took about one week to receive the invitation after I submitted the application and all the documents were received by admissions.

Thank you ExLawyer, I am applying next week
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts