Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:54 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 568 [0]
Given Kudos: 164
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3
WE:Project Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia)Applicants:Class of 2019-Aug 18 Intake [#permalink]
richa2959 wrote:
I gave my interview on 20th. Received another second interview invite today. Anyone has any idea what its about?

It means you are a borderline candidate.. meaning they like you but want to like you enough in order to confirm, so to speak..best of luck and make the best of the second one.. i just had mine on 1st, it couldnt have gone worse :(

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia)Applicants:Class of 2019-Aug 18 Intake [#permalink]
Kashish92 wrote:
anurag16 wrote:
Hi Kashish92

Congrats on the admit! Did you receive a scholarship too?

Moreover, can you share your profile and the GMAT score. I will apply within a few weeks!!

Thank you Anurag.
I didn’t receive a scholarship.

Rest of the details I’ll share with you on message.

All the best with your application!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Hi kashish congrats!! when did you have your interview, and thus how long between the interview and acceptance note, and can you briefly state your profile (if youre not comfortable putting it here, then personal message)

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V38
GRE 1: Q160 V160
GPA: 3.83
WE:Business Development (Other)
Send PM
Hey guys.

I have an interview with Mischa Ragona on the 7th. Has anyone interviewed with her before? How is she? Any stand-out interview questions?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.12
WE:Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Send PM
can anyone please tell me about sauder interview duration and about the questions asked

thanks in advance!!
vikas
Manager
Manager
Send PM
richa2959 do they have a process to conduct two interview as per their admission guidelines.??

Did you gave the second interview ..what all they asked..have you got your decision ??

thanks in advance
vikas
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kashish92 can you please tell me about the interview questions asked , the interviewer name , duration of interview and after from how much tiime of intvw they ave you offer .

thanks
regards
vikas
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
I was interviewed twice and I am awaiting the result.

Interviewed on: 2017/10/30
Heard back via: Email
GMAT: 650, Q49, V30
WE: 42 months
Industry: Computer Software
Submited on: 2017/10/30
Invited on: 2017/10/30
Interviewed on: 2017/10/30
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey Guys.

I had my interview with M. I found her to be tepid. She was very unresponsive during the interview and maintained a stone-faced interview throughout. Her questions were mostly about my job role and career path until now, my future goals and my reason to do an MBA. However, she did try throw me off guard by asking some very ludicrous questions about Vancouver such as how many planes land in vancouver? and Vancouver is a pet-friendly city, how many dogs do you think there are? I was also informed that the admissions office will be closed from next Friday and they review all the applications on every Wednesday. Therefore, those interviewing after wednesday (06-12-17) will hear back only after the Christmas break.

Hope this helps. All the best with your interview folks.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ColonelRed wrote:
Hey Guys.

I had my interview with M. I found her to be tepid. She was very unresponsive during the interview and maintained a stone-faced interview throughout. Her questions were mostly about my job role and career path until now, my future goals and my reason to do an MBA. However, she did try throw me off guard by asking some very ludicrous questions about Vancouver such as how many planes land in vancouver? and Vancouver is a pet-friendly city, how many dogs do you think there are? I was also informed that the admissions office will be closed from next Friday and they review all the applications on every Wednesday. Therefore, those interviewing after wednesday (06-12-17) will hear back only after the Christmas break.

Hope this helps. All the best with your interview folks.

I think thats how they generally are during interviews.. theyre not supoosed to show you whether what you said was convincing or not.. i found this to be a good thing because my interview was going **** but she did not make me feel like it lol
My interview was with vivian tran.. i was also at one point asked "how many umbrellas are open in vancouver on a rainy day?" - i mean i realise that in interviews you can be asked certain psychology related questions.. but even from a psychological point of view this question did not make sense.. but i dont know, im not an expert, must be their thing..

Intern
Intern
Send PM
abhimanyu1945 I really dont see the point of asking such interview questions. It neither demonstrates one's candidacy for the MBA program nor does it provide the interviewer with sufficient cues as to the candidates thinking process.

And out of curiosity, how did you answer the "How many open umbrellas are there in vancouver on rainy day"' question?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ColonelRed wrote:
abhimanyu1945 I really dont see the point of asking such interview questions. It neither demonstrates one's candidacy for the MBA program nor does it provide the interviewer with sufficient cues as to the candidates thinking process.

And out of curiosity, how did you answer the "How many open umbrellas are there in vancouver on rainy day"' question?

I said half a million .. like out of the blue.. didnt make sense to her didnt make sense to me..

Intern
Intern
Send PM
abhimanyu1945 wrote:
ColonelRed wrote:

I said half a million .. like out of the blue.. didnt make sense to her didnt make sense to me..

Hahaha. I said 2. Reasoned by saying the population of the greater Vancouver areas is about 2.5, so approx 2 mil people will have their umbrellas open. Felt like shooting myself the moment i said it.

And as for the no. of planes landing question, I took a rough guess : 400. Funny enough the actual figure is 420. A close guess!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ColonelRed wrote:
abhimanyu1945 wrote:
ColonelRed wrote:

Hahaha. I said 2. Reasoned by saying the population of the greater Vancouver areas is about 2.5, so approx 2 mil people will have their umbrellas open. Felt like shooting myself the moment i said it.

And as for the no. of planes landing question, I took a rough guess : 400. Funny enough the actual figure is 420. A close guess!

On being asked how did i come up with that figure , i was tempted to tell her to count next time it would rain in Vancouver lol... But i just made up some reason as to how i came with that answer

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V28
Send PM
santhosh9302 wrote:
ronit1894 wrote:
Hey Guys,

A quick question.
I have booked my interview -12th December and my interviewer is Kevin Ly. Has anybody got the same interviewer and would he/she like to share the experience?

Hi, I also have an interview on 6th December and Kevin LY is my interviewer. I ll let you know what happens.

hey santhosh9302 : How was the interview? What were the questions asked? How was the experience with Kevin Ly?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
Send PM
it was good but too long 45 minutes. mainly basic questions and then shifted to situational questions and a lot of questions on my essays.
hope this might help you. Kevin was good and interview was informal.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
@vks008

They generally dont have a process of conducting 2 interviews. I did give the second interview and they mostly wanted a clear picture on the short term and long term goals. Decision is due this week.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V28
Send PM
Hey,

I just gave my interview. It was with Kevin LY. The interview went quite well. it was an informal conversation and it was great! It went on for 35 minutes.
The questions were basic - Why mba, short term and long term goals, why ubc, a leadership experience, a major conflict at work etc.
There was one interesting question. He took out a complex technique/method from my essay and said how would you explain this to a 10 year old. That was a nice question.

The result will be there in 2-3 weeks. And regarding the second interview, they have started taking 2 interviews (for some candidates) for better clarity. He said that you will either get a final decision in 2 weeks or a call for another interview, if required. He said, "Nothing to worry, the admissions committee might need some more clarity".
Let's hope for the best. Fingers crossed!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts