Last visit was: 14 May 2024, 07:38 It is currently 14 May 2024, 07:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation - Chinese/750 top schools within reach? [#permalink]
foguru,

Congratulations on the NYU admit. Given your goals, even if Duke does admit you, I would think NYU would be your best-choice school. It's hard to estimate your chances of getting in off Wharton's waitlist because the number of applicants wait-listed varies from year to year and there's nothing you can do to improve your odds of getting off the list.

Hope this helps,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dear Paul,

Just got into Duke in R3. I thought I would choose NYU in a heart beat because of its location, but now I am not 100% sure whether this reason is good enough. My post MBA goals are MNC headquarters finance role in the east coast of the US, or consulting. My background is 4.5yrs audit, 4 years MNC finance control in the Energy sector. Preferably will return to Energy but open to other sectors. I haven't visited Duke, but it seems I am attracted to the idea of a campus experience and more friendly students? I know I should probably pay to use your service for more questions but would really appreciate it if you could share some thoughts. You said in your last message that you think NYU would be my best choice regardless of the result from Duke. Can you tell me why? THANKS!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
I mentioned NYU because your goals are finance-related and NYU is an outstanding finance program. In terms of general brand, NYU is usually ranked ahead of Duke, but certainly you should go to the program that's more comfortable for you. Maybe take a closer look at the two schools top employers and see if that helps you choose.

Good luck,
--Paul
GMAT Club Bot