Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:57 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 372 [0]
Given Kudos: 618
GRE 1: Q165 V163

GRE 2: Q165 V163

GRE 3: Q170 V163
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Schools: ISB '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 237 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 237 [1]
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Wow vamkrispk, an Aerospace engineer working in SBI! Interesting.

Considering your work experience, your future goals (consulting with a specialization in public sector and climate policy) seem to be slightly disconnected. Need to give it a good thought.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ISBeacon wrote:
Hi arcKnight, 700+ will be good.

I don't get a sense of your goals, from your writeup. Well articulated goals (along with 700+ GMAT), should present a strong candidature to the Admissions committee.

Thank you ISBeacon. I have quickly grown into an operational role in my organization and I am working on organizational challenges such as Employee Retention, Career Progression along with my primary work which is people and project management in the digital marketing domain. An MBA would allow me exposure to subjects such as Organizational Theory, Marketing, Strategy and Leadership etc. The peer group at ISB is highly diverse and bring's a varied thought process that would help me understand the subjects better and apply them in my future endeavours. My goal is to build a presence in the field of digital marketing and help companies small or big realize their goals through the power of marketing.

Also, there is a lot of fraud in the field of digital marketing and I want to educate the industry on the same and ensure people are smarter while buying digital media.

Do you think this is a strong goal?
Director
Director
Send PM
Kudos
arcKnight wrote:
My goal is to build a presence in the field of digital marketing and help companies small or big realize their goals through the power of marketing.

So, you want to work as a freelancer?

Quote:
I want to educate the industry on the same and ensure people are smarter while buying digital media.

Would advice against putting such generic statements in your goal.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ISBeacon wrote:
arcKnight wrote:
My goal is to build a presence in the field of digital marketing and help companies small or big realize their goals through the power of marketing.

So, you want to work as a freelancer?

Quote:
I want to educate the industry on the same and ensure people are smarter while buying digital media.

Would advice against putting such generic statements in your goal.

I don't want to work as a freelancer. Wished to realize this goal while working with a company, however, in the long run,I want to build a marketing intelligence firm of my own.

And, thanks w.r.t the generic statement. Will try to avoid it. Really helpful. Thanks a lot.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: ISB '21 (WA)
Send PM
Hi,

Kindly evaluate my profile.

GMAT Score 700
Quant 50, Verbal 35, IR 5, AWA 4
Education : Award in Bancassurance ( CII - UK)
BTech (EEE) from NIT Calicut CGPA 8.12
+2 CBSE 94.6 %
10th ICSE 94.83 %
Work Experience : Jul 2012 - Jun 2013 Business Operations Associate zs Associates India - 1 year
Oct 2014 - Aug 2015 Vendor Inspection Coordinator @ DNV-GL Qatar - 10 months
Sep 2015 - Apr 2016 Sales Coordinator @ Mashreq Bank, Qatar
Sep 2017 - Dec 2018 Consultant - Customer Service @ Medgulf Takaful, Qatar (Insurance Company) 1 year and 4 months
Jan 2019 - Present Officer - Customer Service & Operations @ Medgulf Takaful, Qatar (Insurance Company) 8 months

The Gaps in Experience

Jul 2013 - Sep 2014 - Got married and moved to Qatar
May 2016 - Aug 2017 - Had my first child and took a break

Extra Curriculars - Held various positions in various organization committees and clubs at college and school as executive member, joint secretary etc.
Volunteered @ Pain and Palliative Care Society, Calicut
Was a mentor akanksha Foundation, Pune
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, Statistics
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
WE:Analyst (Manufacturing)
Send PM
GMAT - 700
Q47 V38
IR 4
AWA - Awaited

High School - 88%
Intermediate - 88%
B. Tech - Automobile Engineering
CGPA - 9.01
Top 10% of class
Scholarship in 3rd year in college for meritorious performance

Organised various events, participated in a few and won Debating competition in 2nd year.
Volunteered with NSS for cleaning and teaching drives.

Joined Hyundai Motor India post graduation in 2015.
Worked as Equipment Analyst for New Models for smooth absorption in line for the production process
Got an opportunity to visit S.Korea a couple times on business trips.
The first one being within an year from joining based on my performance in the trainee period.

To pursue a career of civil servant quit in 2017. Prepared for civils during 2017-18. While preparing, took classes for the underprivileged in villages near my native. 1.5 years and a failed attempt later, had to reevaluate my options and decided to move back to corporate.

Worked with Mahindra automotive for a couple of mths in marketing division and later moved to Honda Cars India. Currently working in Honda Cars India as an Equipment analyst, a profile similar to Hyundai. Volunteer for Robin Hood Army for teaching the underprivileged and food drives.

I am a certified Business Analyst from UpGrad. Have an advanced knowledge of excel with hands on experience on tools such as Solver.

I want to pursue a career in consulting, finally pivoting to data driven decision making and policy formulation for Govt. Of India, preferably working with NITI Aayog as a consultant.

Please evaluate my profile and also suggest Indian and Intl schools with my profile, experience and career goals.

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMAT - 700
Q47 V38
IR 4
AWA - Awaited

Age 27
Cumulative Experience 32mths (when applying)

High School - 88%
Intermediate - 88%
B. Tech - Automobile Engineering
CGPA - 9.01
Top 10% of class
Scholarship in 3rd year in college for meritorious performance

Organised various events, participated in a few and won Debating competition in 2nd year.
Volunteered with NSS for cleaning and teaching drives.

Joined Hyundai Motor India post graduation in 2015.
Worked as Equipment Analyst for New Models for smooth absorption in line for the production process
Got an opportunity to visit S.Korea a couple times on business trips.
The first one being within an year from joining based on my performance in the trainee period.

To pursue a career of civil servant quit in 2017. Prepared for civils during 2017-18. While preparing, took classes for the underprivileged in villages near my native. 1.5 years and a failed attempt later, had to reevaluate my options and decided to move back to corporate.

Worked with Mahindra automotive for a couple of mths in marketing division and later moved to Honda Cars India. Currently working in Honda Cars India as an Equipment analyst, a profile similar to Hyundai. Volunteer for Robin Hood Army for teaching the underprivileged and food drives.

I am a certified Business Analyst from UpGrad. Have an advanced knowledge of excel with hands on experience on tools such as Solver.

I want to pursue a career in consulting, finally pivoting to data driven decision making and policy formulation for Govt. Of India, preferably working with NITI Aayog as a consultant.

Please evaluate my profile and also suggest Indian and Intl schools with my profile, experience and career goals.

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 359
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Send PM
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile. I am looking for 2021 admissions.

My GMAT score:Yet to give

Academics:
Studied in Techno India. CGPA 9.04
10th : 89.8 %
12th: 92.5%

I am a 27 year old female working as a Project Lead in an IT firm, previously employed with a BIG 4 (PwC) for 4 years and 8 months
Will have 6 years 7 months of work experience by March, 2021 with 14 months of international onsite experience (Middle East).

Received PwC award in 2017.
Certified Microsoft Professional with a certification in Microsoft D365 Operations.

Highlights of my professional career:-

➢ Engaged in End - to -End implementations of ERP - Analysis and Requirement Gathering, GAP fitment, Functional Design and testing, Configuration.
➢ Client Environment spanning a diverse range of industries – Oil and Gas, Retail, Publishing, Tea packaging.
➢ Broad geographic exposure under Offshore- Onshore execution model spanning UK, Canada, Oman, South Africa and India.
➢ Responsible for stakeholder management and change user management for most of the clients.
International on site experience of 14 months in Middle East.
➢ Independently handled third party IT vendors of the client.
➢ Promoted thrice in the last 5 years. (Trainee --> Analyst --> Consultant --> Project Lead).
➢ Currently working as a project lead - project tracking, team management, responsible for end deliveries to the client.
➢ Involved in recruiting fresh talent in the organization.
➢ Involved in business development activities.

Please advise on what should be my target GMAT score.

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
Send PM
Kudos
abhichopra007 wrote:

Hi abhichopra007, this goal does not at all seem to be aligned with your professional career so far.

I would not suggest you put this in the application.
Director
Director
Send PM
ishitam wrote:
Please advise on what should be my target GMAT score.

680+. Higher, the better.
Director
Director
Send PM
Very decent profile @priyapaul; lot of positives: decent undergrad school, International experience, good GMAT score.

Focus on crafting immaculate essays and you have a lot of reason to be hopeful.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ISBeacon wrote:
abhichopra007 wrote:

Hi abhichopra007, this goal does not at all seem to be aligned with your professional career so far.

I would not suggest you put this in the application.

Could you please evaluate the rest of the profile barring this information that you have pointed out.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 1297
Concentration: International Business, Economics
GPA: 3
WE:Law (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Hey Please evaluate my profile:

CBSE X-8.4 GPA

CBSE XII-76.5%(COMMERCE)

BALLB(HONS)- 59.83%(This is low)

Work ex:

Year One- Associate with an Independent Advocate with whom I worked on cases pertaining to Telecom and Broadcasting sector

Year Two- Joined a Law Firm- as an associate, worked in the areas pertaining to NCLT AND NCLAT, Arbitration and telecom and broadcasting sector.

Year Three- Joined a Multi-system Operator and ISP service provider (Largest in the Country), wherein, I work as the Regional head-(Legal) for whole of Central India and Hyderabad. My work pertains to Agreements (not limited Distribution agreement, service agreements, ISP agreements, Leave and License TRA), Litigation Management, supporting Operations Team, while deployment of STBs and finally Core regulatory function i.e. Dealing with TRAI regulation affecting the Broadcasting and ISP industry.

Total experience: 2.4 years

Extra Curricular:

Appointed as an arbitrator by the Delhi High Court in multiple proceedings,

Appointed as an Local Commissioner by the Delhi High Court.

Started an NGO during my penultimate year of Law School, the NGO provided people with legal assistance.

GMAT: 670
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
abhichopra007 wrote:
Thanks.

!
abhichopra007, We have dedicated profile eval threads for almost all tops schools. You should post your profile eval requests in those threads instead of creating a new thread. I am merging this topic in ISB profile eval thread. Be sure to post your profile eval requests in these threads next time.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Send PM
Hi Guys!

For all those of you looking to apply in R2 here's my take on how you can approach your ISB essays - https://bit.ly/2Mcr92h.

Happy Writing!

Best,
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: ISB '21 (WA)
Send PM
ISBeacon Thank you for the feedback. It gives confidence to move forward. Thank you.
Director
Director
Send PM
Gmatcake wrote:
(3) After UG, worked freelance to develop a local startup on WordPress web development which was a learning experience.

Were you doing this full-time before you joined the Public sector bank?

Interesting profile overall. Considering that you do not seem to have worked in Tech industry, FinTech might be a long shot.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  157   158   159   160   161  ...  307