GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Nov 2019, 18:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2019, 00:04
Hi,

Please review my profile

Graduation:
2018 BBA graduate with 71.68%

Work experience:
Have been working with my family for 14 months as of now

School Education:
10th score = 83.8%
12th score = 94%

Extra Curricular activities:
Participant for various b-fests in college
Organized college fests
Member of the writing club of my college
Member of the NGO of my college

I am giving my attempt for GMAT in the 1st week of November. I am aiming for a score of more than 700.

Kindly provide me some insight on my chances.

Thank you.

Regards,
Keshav Kothari
Intern
Intern
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2019, 02:25
Hello,

I am a 27 year old female.

Just wanted to know how much GMAT score shall I target and what are my chances to make it?

Will be writing GMAT in 1st week of November. Targeting 2nd round.

Graduation – 69% B.tech. (Electrical and Electronic Engineering) (Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology)
12th – 78% (CBSE)

Work Ex –
1 year – Technology Analyst with ZS Associate.

4 years (current) – Started my own brand for E-commerce under my family business. The brand is doing great.

Leadership – Built a team of 20 employees, Built and launched 3 products, increased my revenue by 400%, successfully launched and monitored marketing campaigns etc.

Extracurricular – Successfully holding painting exhibitions for past 5 years, won various awards in paintings, Acted in College Street play team and won various awards, School newspaper editor.

Thanks in advance
Manager
Manager
S
Schools: ISB (A)

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2019, 07:01
Hello nesting, 680+. Obviously, the higher, the better.

For ISB Aspirants, by ISB Alums

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation
Free ISB Essays Best Practices Document

ISBeacon: Your Beacon to ISB
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
WE: Corporate Finance (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2019, 19:53
JUST A DETAILED REVIEW OF WHAT I DO

Background and nationality-
26 years , Indian, male,

Undergrad Information- Aerospace Engineer - SRM UNIVERSITY
7.32/10 GPA- top 25% of the class- (university level- TOP 40 in India)

GMAT: 730 ( on 3 gmat prep mocks -- test on Nov 7th with target of 770)

Work experience and leadership - largest public sector bank of the country... State Bank of India (TOP 50 global bank) .. selected as one of the 2000 probationers out of 2 million applicants.

1. Credit analyst- 6 months- Commercial Credit- State Bank of India
Ensuring risk quality and credit quality aspects of proposals appraised keeping in view the credit policy of the bank. Performing industry analysis, due diligence processes, etc. Obtaining and analysing relevant financial information, including operating statements and balance sheets for carrying out CRA exercise/preparation of proposals for underwriting new loans, increasing loan commitments, periodical review or substantive changes in terms.Preparation of reports of Special Mention Accounts (NPA) for submission to the appropriate authorities.
Carrying out inspection of units as and when required and mandated in the loan agreement.Ensuring compliance with the bank’s credit policy, local regulatory requirements and compliance with the central bank. Coordinate with officers handling opreations to ensure timely updating and modification of data/terms and conditions/ date of review/approval etc are in the system as and when such change takes place for ensuring correctness of data and information. Achieved more than 35% growth over existing loan book of the asset management team that I worked in a span of 4 months. Appraised credit facilities to the tune of $99 million (Rs 705 cr). Handled 17 corporates accounts with a total exposure of $244.36 million.

2. Deputy Branch Manager of large branch- 1 year 2 months- State bank of India
Incharge of Branch Operations, the head of staff, and head of personal banking division at the branch level.Was directly responsible for the functioning, training, and working of 8 full time staff members. Was incharge of business development in the areas of customer acquisition, agriculture, bullion backed credit, personal segment advances, deposit mobilisation, and cross selling.
Achievements
MANAGING DIRECTOR’S CLUB- MUTUAL FUNDS- OUSTANDING PERFORMANCE IN Bank's MUTUAL FUNDS- 3RD IN THE STATE AMONG 19853 EMPLOYEES.
GOLD QUALIFIER IN YEAR END CAMPAIGN- MUTUAL FUND- FELICITATED BY CHIEF GENERAL MANAGER.. 7th among 19853 employees.
CHIEF GENERAL MANAGER’S CLUB- SBI GENERAL INSURANCE- TOP 3 IN THE STATE
Adjudged the best Deputy Branch Manager in the Network of 850 branches by the General Manager of the network
Adjudged the best Deputy Branch Manager in the Region of 48 branches by the Assistant General Manager/ Regional Manager

The following are the achievements of the team that I lead as the DBM
Gold loan campaign- Was among the 35 branches that qualified in the national level twice in 2 back to back months
QUALIFIED xyz CAMPAIGN- TOPPER AT THE NETWORK LEVEL AMONG 830 BRANCHES.
Achieved an Audit score of ‘AA’ a rare feat given the current banking scenario in india.
DEPUTY GENERAL MANAGER’S CLUB – NOMINATED BY ALL THE DGMS IN THE STATE TO BE BEST BRANCH AMONG 1300 BRANCHES.

3. Branch Manager – 8 months- State Bank of India
As branch manager lead a team of 4 staff members with Rs35 millions of business. Primarily responsible for business development of the branch, functioning of the staff, marketing, appraising MSME credit proposals, ensuring due-diligence of all liability and asset products, and overall security measures of the branch premises.As Branch Manager and team lead, I had along with my team successfully tripled the number of deposit holders in a span of 6 months, increased the agri-gold loan business by 150% over the previous fiscal, sourced and apprised MSME loans to the value of 300% the asset portfolio of the branch, made the branch a 100% digitally banked rural branch from 15% previously by conducting digital awareness programs in the nearby villages, with the help of Sarpanchs ( head of the village level government) and also insured 85% of salaried factory workers from a previous level of 3% a feat appreciated by the GM of the network.

4. Probationary officer - 2 years- State Bank of India
Mandatory time of 2 years of learning of the bank policies and assisting the branch functionaries in business development.
Handled crowds of about 20,000 everyday for 3 months during the demonetization exercise that took place in 2016 (the greatest challenge).
Increased business of a branch by 50%.

Leadership
Leadership (extra-curricular):

1. Organiser and Head of Planning Committee – DEPARTMENT FEST – 2013
Organized and planned the UN international Space week in Aerospace Department. Planned, Created, and set-up events for participation. Coordinated and Managed 50+ volunteers for the success of the technical fest.

2. Joint Secretary and English teacher- a student based NGO- 2012-2013
Was a part of the management team of a student based NGO. As Joint Secretary, I developed syllabus and teaching functions, guidelines for environment awareness focus campaigns , put together the online campaigning strategy, formulated HR policies including setting up of different verticals , conducting interviews for on-boarding of volunteers, conducting induction programs for new volunteers of the newly formed NGO. I had also introduced Volunteer incentive program for extraordinary recognition. I was also given additional responsibility of being in charge of the book wings program where I planned, organized, scheduled classes on a weekly basis for teaching English to under-privileged children.

3. Director & President – student based ngo -2013-2015
As the director of Go Green, I was directly responsible for 200 volunteers. Organized Beach clean-up programs, environmental cleanliness awareness campaigns, water conversation campaigns, animal habitat restoration programs, sanitation awareness programs etc., . As the director, I was in charge of proper policy implementation of the NGO to ensure effective outreach of the awareness campaigns, build relationships with the external agencies for planning events of a larger scale, ensuring that every volunteer is well versed on climate change & sustainable development goals relating to environment and helping the junior volunteers in the on-boarding by conducting induction programs and team building exercises. As the first Director, I had an additional responsibility of formulating polices on succession of the directors and voting of green-captains .

Community and others- (dont know what to write here) - Have a deep connection with nature and environment. Always been an active activist for environmental causes. Have been volunteering for the past 7 years of my life biweekly to raise awareness and continue to do so

Post MBA goals- Want to move to consulting with a specialization in public sector and climate policy and hope to make it to MBB after mba.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '21, Foster '22
GRE 1: Q165 V160

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2019, 21:29
Hello Altruists,
Requesting you to kindly evaluate my profile for ISB's PGP:

UG : Manipal Institute Of Technology, BTech IT Class of 2016, CG:7.06 (Severely unwell during most of my time there)
- Member Of Core Comitee, as CatHead Infodesks for 1 year and 2 fests (with experience as an organizer and volunteer in my earlier years at MIT)
- Suggested mechanisms in crowd management
- Introduced mechanisms to collect participation fees through online channels
- Collected/Audited around 200,000 INR in cash everyday.

Work - Ex - 3 years at Tesco
- Work at Tesco's and Groupon's Big Data Platform
- Drove migration of legacy systems to Apache Spark/Scala
- Institutionalized Coding in Apache Scala as fresher
- Solely built a hierarchy for 300,000+ Tesco Items in Thailand and CE
- Solely built a KPI which saved the company money in order of 500,000 USD over 16 months
- Part of a programme to mentor fresh IIT/BITS/NIT grads at Tesco

Help my parents in the food drive they conduct.

GRE: O:325 ; Q:165, V:160

Obtained Admits and Scholarship to University Of Maryland,College Park for Fall'2019. Had to withdraw candidature due to a personal emergency.

I would b grateful for any views/suggestions.

Thank You

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '21
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2019, 04:10
Hi All,

I have 5 Years of work experience and I am currently working in Bengaluru as a Regional Analytics Lead at a 400+ Million dollar UK Based marketing intelligence firm. I was a part of the Future Leaders program at my company and have received an annual award for Best Performance as well.

My scores:
Xth - 94.6%
XII - 93%
College: SRM University - Software Engineering (9.21 CGPA) (Scholarship Holder)

Extracurricular: I was in the university dance team when I was in college and have won 3-4 intra and inter-college dance competitions. At work, I have participated in my Company's Olympics and won 5 medals in events ranging from Cricket, Football, Carrom and Online Gaming.

Currently, I am getting 690 in my GMAT mock tests. I am wondering if I should take the GMAT or study a bit more and ensure a 700+ score.

What is a good score for my profile? Let me know if you need any more details !!

Really appreciate your time. Thanks :)
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2019, 22:22
Hi arcKnight, 700+ will be good.

I don't get a sense of your goals, from your writeup. Well articulated goals (along with 700+ GMAT), should present a strong candidature to the Admissions committee.

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation

Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2019, 22:27
Wow vamkrispk, an Aerospace engineer working in SBI! Interesting.

Considering your work experience, your future goals (consulting with a specialization in public sector and climate policy) seem to be slightly disconnected. Need to give it a good thought.

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2019, 23:09
ISBeacon wrote:
Hi arcKnight, 700+ will be good.

I don't get a sense of your goals, from your writeup. Well articulated goals (along with 700+ GMAT), should present a strong candidature to the Admissions committee.

Thank you ISBeacon. I have quickly grown into an operational role in my organization and I am working on organizational challenges such as Employee Retention, Career Progression along with my primary work which is people and project management in the digital marketing domain. An MBA would allow me exposure to subjects such as Organizational Theory, Marketing, Strategy and Leadership etc. The peer group at ISB is highly diverse and bring's a varied thought process that would help me understand the subjects better and apply them in my future endeavours. My goal is to build a presence in the field of digital marketing and help companies small or big realize their goals through the power of marketing.

Also, there is a lot of fraud in the field of digital marketing and I want to educate the industry on the same and ensure people are smarter while buying digital media.

Do you think this is a strong goal?
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2019, 23:14
arcKnight wrote:
My goal is to build a presence in the field of digital marketing and help companies small or big realize their goals through the power of marketing.

So, you want to work as a freelancer?

Quote:
I want to educate the industry on the same and ensure people are smarter while buying digital media.

Would advice against putting such generic statements in your goal.

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2019, 23:20
ISBeacon wrote:
arcKnight wrote:
My goal is to build a presence in the field of digital marketing and help companies small or big realize their goals through the power of marketing.

So, you want to work as a freelancer?

Quote:
I want to educate the industry on the same and ensure people are smarter while buying digital media.

Would advice against putting such generic statements in your goal.

I don't want to work as a freelancer. Wished to realize this goal while working with a company, however, in the long run,I want to build a marketing intelligence firm of my own.

And, thanks w.r.t the generic statement. Will try to avoid it. Really helpful. Thanks a lot.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2019, 00:55
Hi,

Kindly evaluate my profile.

GMAT Score 700
Quant 50, Verbal 35, IR 5, AWA 4
Education : Award in Bancassurance ( CII - UK)
BTech (EEE) from NIT Calicut CGPA 8.12
+2 CBSE 94.6 %
10th ICSE 94.83 %
Work Experience : Jul 2012 - Jun 2013 Business Operations Associate zs Associates India - 1 year
Oct 2014 - Aug 2015 Vendor Inspection Coordinator @ DNV-GL Qatar - 10 months
Sep 2015 - Apr 2016 Sales Coordinator @ Mashreq Bank, Qatar
Sep 2017 - Dec 2018 Consultant - Customer Service @ Medgulf Takaful, Qatar (Insurance Company) 1 year and 4 months
Jan 2019 - Present Officer - Customer Service & Operations @ Medgulf Takaful, Qatar (Insurance Company) 8 months

The Gaps in Experience

Jul 2013 - Sep 2014 - Got married and moved to Qatar
May 2016 - Aug 2017 - Had my first child and took a break

Extra Curriculars - Held various positions in various organization committees and clubs at college and school as executive member, joint secretary etc.
Volunteered @ Pain and Palliative Care Society, Calicut
Was a mentor akanksha Foundation, Pune
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Statistics
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
WE: Analyst (Manufacturing)
Please evaluate my profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2019, 00:56
GMAT - 700
Q47 V38
IR 4
AWA - Awaited

High School - 88%
Intermediate - 88%
B. Tech - Automobile Engineering
CGPA - 9.01
Top 10% of class
Scholarship in 3rd year in college for meritorious performance

Organised various events, participated in a few and won Debating competition in 2nd year.
Volunteered with NSS for cleaning and teaching drives.

Joined Hyundai Motor India post graduation in 2015.
Worked as Equipment Analyst for New Models for smooth absorption in line for the production process
Got an opportunity to visit S.Korea a couple times on business trips.
The first one being within an year from joining based on my performance in the trainee period.

To pursue a career of civil servant quit in 2017. Prepared for civils during 2017-18. While preparing, took classes for the underprivileged in villages near my native. 1.5 years and a failed attempt later, had to reevaluate my options and decided to move back to corporate.

Worked with Mahindra automotive for a couple of mths in marketing division and later moved to Honda Cars India. Currently working in Honda Cars India as an Equipment analyst, a profile similar to Hyundai. Volunteer for Robin Hood Army for teaching the underprivileged and food drives.

I am a certified Business Analyst from UpGrad. Have an advanced knowledge of excel with hands on experience on tools such as Solver.

I want to pursue a career in consulting, finally pivoting to data driven decision making and policy formulation for Govt. Of India, preferably working with NITI Aayog as a consultant.

Please evaluate my profile and also suggest Indian and Intl schools with my profile, experience and career goals.

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
B
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2019, 01:06
GMAT - 700
Q47 V38
IR 4
AWA - Awaited

Age 27
Cumulative Experience 32mths (when applying)

High School - 88%
Intermediate - 88%
B. Tech - Automobile Engineering
CGPA - 9.01
Top 10% of class
Scholarship in 3rd year in college for meritorious performance

Organised various events, participated in a few and won Debating competition in 2nd year.
Volunteered with NSS for cleaning and teaching drives.

Joined Hyundai Motor India post graduation in 2015.
Worked as Equipment Analyst for New Models for smooth absorption in line for the production process
Got an opportunity to visit S.Korea a couple times on business trips.
The first one being within an year from joining based on my performance in the trainee period.

To pursue a career of civil servant quit in 2017. Prepared for civils during 2017-18. While preparing, took classes for the underprivileged in villages near my native. 1.5 years and a failed attempt later, had to reevaluate my options and decided to move back to corporate.

Worked with Mahindra automotive for a couple of mths in marketing division and later moved to Honda Cars India. Currently working in Honda Cars India as an Equipment analyst, a profile similar to Hyundai. Volunteer for Robin Hood Army for teaching the underprivileged and food drives.

I am a certified Business Analyst from UpGrad. Have an advanced knowledge of excel with hands on experience on tools such as Solver.

I want to pursue a career in consulting, finally pivoting to data driven decision making and policy formulation for Govt. Of India, preferably working with NITI Aayog as a consultant.

Please evaluate my profile and also suggest Indian and Intl schools with my profile, experience and career goals.

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, General Management

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2019, 09:16
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile. I am looking for 2021 admissions.

My GMAT score:Yet to give

Academics:
Studied in Techno India. CGPA 9.04
10th : 89.8 %
12th: 92.5%

I am a 27 year old female working as a Project Lead in an IT firm, previously employed with a BIG 4 (PwC) for 4 years and 8 months
Will have 6 years 7 months of work experience by March, 2021 with 14 months of international onsite experience (Middle East).

Received PwC award in 2017.
Certified Microsoft Professional with a certification in Microsoft D365 Operations.

Highlights of my professional career:-

➢ Engaged in End - to -End implementations of ERP - Analysis and Requirement Gathering, GAP fitment, Functional Design and testing, Configuration.
➢ Client Environment spanning a diverse range of industries – Oil and Gas, Retail, Publishing, Tea packaging.
➢ Broad geographic exposure under Offshore- Onshore execution model spanning UK, Canada, Oman, South Africa and India.
➢ Responsible for stakeholder management and change user management for most of the clients.
International on site experience of 14 months in Middle East.
➢ Independently handled third party IT vendors of the client.
➢ Promoted thrice in the last 5 years. (Trainee --> Analyst --> Consultant --> Project Lead).
➢ Currently working as a project lead - project tracking, team management, responsible for end deliveries to the client.
➢ Involved in recruiting fresh talent in the organization.
➢ Involved in business development activities.

Please advise on what should be my target GMAT score.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2019, 10:06
abhichopra007 wrote:

Hi abhichopra007, this goal does not at all seem to be aligned with your professional career so far.

I would not suggest you put this in the application.

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation

Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2019, 10:07
ishitam wrote:
Please advise on what should be my target GMAT score.

680+. Higher, the better.

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation

Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2019, 10:10
Very decent profile @priyapaul; lot of positives: decent undergrad school, International experience, good GMAT score.

Focus on crafting immaculate essays and you have a lot of reason to be hopeful.

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2019, 12:12
ISBeacon wrote:
abhichopra007 wrote:

Hi abhichopra007, this goal does not at all seem to be aligned with your professional career so far.

I would not suggest you put this in the application.

Could you please evaluate the rest of the profile barring this information that you have pointed out.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: International Business, Economics
GPA: 3
WE: Law (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2019, 23:28
Hey Please evaluate my profile:

CBSE X-8.4 GPA

CBSE XII-76.5%(COMMERCE)

BALLB(HONS)- 59.83%(This is low)

Work ex:

Year One- Associate with an Independent Advocate with whom I worked on cases pertaining to Telecom and Broadcasting sector

Year Two- Joined a Law Firm- as an associate, worked in the areas pertaining to NCLT AND NCLAT, Arbitration and telecom and broadcasting sector.

Year Three- Joined a Multi-system Operator and ISP service provider (Largest in the Country), wherein, I work as the Regional head-(Legal) for whole of Central India and Hyderabad. My work pertains to Agreements (not limited Distribution agreement, service agreements, ISP agreements, Leave and License TRA), Litigation Management, supporting Operations Team, while deployment of STBs and finally Core regulatory function i.e. Dealing with TRAI regulation affecting the Broadcasting and ISP industry.

Total experience: 2.4 years

Extra Curricular:

Appointed as an arbitrator by the Delhi High Court in multiple proceedings,

Appointed as an Local Commissioner by the Delhi High Court.

Started an NGO during my penultimate year of Law School, the NGO provided people with legal assistance.

GMAT: 670
GMAT Club Bot
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 13 Oct 2019, 23:28

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  156   157   158   159   160   161   162    Next  [ 3238 posts ] 

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: warriorguy, LeoN88